Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #1415
bap

LYNNE,,,AWSOME NEWS.... will hold off on the congrats...dont want to throw a jinx at ya...lol
......love the 61,,,,where is it in michigan...?,,,,,,,debbie and i just may be interested in it,,,,i have been wanting one like that......if you could pm. me some more details i would be greatfull,,,,who knows what could happen,,,,debbie has ALOT of family up there...
hope everyone had a wonderfull day...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2015, 07:59 PM   #1416

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jeff,

I know Billie will be sleeping right now so I will call him tomorrow for the details. He lives in the country outside Chesaning north of us. He is a very nice man. He's got some awesome tractors and other items all over his farm.

I will let you know when I have an answer. Take care, Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:10 AM   #1417

Well kids, we went up to the house and I played a little chicken with her and won! Got the old Coke cooler out of the basement, got my beer mug collection and some of the stuff Sally wanted had a old uhaul trailer I rescued from the scrapper I had bought new tires and rims for it like 5 years ago took most of the day to clean it out and paint it up with some Rustoleum, some new lights and wiring and dragged it all home! Going up with the pickup and the trailer next week to get the canoe, my EZGO Golf cart minus the six brand new frozen/busted batteries and the old wringer washing machine. Then sign on the dotted line and cash the check! God I need to stop smoking that damn hill almost killed me dragging the cooler down to the road! Lost my brake lights on the MH, spent all day tracing wires and ended up running a new wire all the way back to get home. Oh well, i'm beat , going to bed see ya all in the AM!Bobby
Old 05-05-2015, 06:18 AM   #1418
bap

thanks lynne,,,,sounds like me and billie would get along aswell,,,same day he was tilling i was working our gardens and bushhogging a gfew acres ,,,all day on a trcktor turns into work after a few hours....lol...but i love it...

bobby,,,best thing i ever did was throw the cigs away,,,,went electric never wanted another cig. ....i really like the flavors you can get in the juices,,,,i had captain crunch beanutbutter yesterday,,,,was awsome....lol....
i dont get windded and my muscle do not get starved of oxegen anymore,,,,i feel 100 percent better.....i was a 2 pack a day smoker for over 35yrs,,,but 3yrs ago that ended ......vapor cigs may not be as good as totally quitting but its a whole lot better for ya than cigs, and cigars.......and u can regulate your nicotin level down to zero,,,,,,,if you try this get a good quality vapor cig,,,,like v2 and start with a higher nicotine level like 1.8 or 2 then work your way down,,,
it helped me brother,,,,just thought i would mention it to ya.....happy u got your stuff out of that place.....i would have wanted to get that old coke cooler out of there also....lol

well daylight burning gotta get at it....have a great aand blessed day everyone...
Old 05-05-2015, 06:38 AM   #1419

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bobby,
Glad you got out of the house the things that you wanted. One less thing that you have pressing.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Bobby,
Glad you got out of the house the things that you wanted. One less thing that you have pressing.
Frank
Yes, it was liberating! Only thing is I don't know what to do with the 7 snow sleds Sally made me bring back, something about never having one of her own I guess, LOL! It's all good! We parked on the riverside across from the house, makes me wonder why we didn't do the rving thing sooner, except for dragging the stuff we had a pretty good time just parked there seeing the river going by, could have done that without buying that house. We will from now on though! Well gotta go find a place for this stuff. Say hello to Rita for us, Bobby
Old 05-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #1421

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Well the weather cannot seem to make up its mind. Supposed to be 70 today with rain this afternoon and snow overnight. They are predicting an inch of snow. I am so confused!

Janet is up and about. She is off for some spa days with a group of Red Hat ladies. I am unsupervised for 4 days. We are really pleased with the progress she is making. First week or so was iffy but the progress is wonderful. The short incision (22 staples) has healed very well. Looking forward to getting the coach and bikes and getting out for a ride.

Bobby - great on getting the cooler and beer mugs. It is satisfying to retain some of the memories they undoubtedly hold for you. Quiting smoking or at least cutting back substantially will make life a whole lot different. Food will taste better, you will likely sleep better and you will feel better once you get past the cravings, not to mention the savings. If you can post pictures of the wringer washer. I have fond memories of helping my mother do laundry with one. My favorite part was using the wringer to wring the clothes from the washer into the laundry tub with rinse water and blueing and then into a tub to hang out on the clothes line. That was a long time ago.

Well got to get going. Only 2 more days left unsupervised so while the cat's away. LOL Actually today is replacing taps in the bathroom and watering the asparagus. Going to have to cover it tonight.

Also trimming a bunch of spruce and pine trees. One of my not so smart ideas. Thought I would cut down on the mowing by planting trees. Sounded good in theory but now I have to mow around each one and that takes longer as well as trim up the trunks every couple years. Go figure.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #1422

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good afternoon everyone.

Gordon - great news about Janet. Sounds like you are too busy to get into much trouble while she is away. My mother is a Red Hatter in OK. She loves it.

Bobby - Glad to read you got the things you wanted and have an overall good feeling about letting the property go. New door standing wide open.

Lynne - So excited for you. I'd be chomping at the bit. We've come close a few times but still have been unable to complete the deal.

Just missed a quirky one on Sunday. A 1984 Neoplan. Bap would have liked it. Double decker and only $19K. I was supposed to go see it on Thursday and if it ran well I was going to take it. Already converted to a MH but I would have updated it. The 80's interior was just too much to take. Mauve carpet everywhere.

Huge basement. Upper floor wide open to do whatever you wanted. One of a kind RV

Nothing like the Country Coach and Monaco models we have been looking at, and a lot older, but it would have been cool to have. Oh well.

Have a great day all.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #1423

Good Evening Gang,
Spent the day in downtown Savannah riding the tour trolley and getting off and looking around. Had lunch at the famous Ms Wilkes House. It is family style and very good. Beautiful city with a lot of history.
Bobby,
Rita said hi back, and she says to tell Sally that we used the pig bucket to serve peanuts in at our last campfire at the park.
Gordon,
Glad that you have plenty things to keep you busy and out of trouble, lol. Happy to hear that Janet is doing good.
Frank
Old 05-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #1424

Scanned and emailed all the paperwork today, should be over next week or so. One good thing about getting rid of the house, besides netting a few dollars , will be able to put the wasted money from the taxes towards the ripoff that the government calls Cobra for her healthplan! So all will be good! Now if we both give the damn cigarettes up, we will have another $1200 a month to play with! Sally really needs to give them up or the next thing you know , Medicare will tell her to take a hike! Take care all, Bobby
Old 05-06-2015, 05:48 AM   #1425

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee good and the birds are singing their song. I love mornings where I have the time to sit and enjoy nature. We takes short drives every so often just for fun. Mostly tooling around out in the country. This past Sunday going to see Billy and Cathy we saw a lot of farmers working their fields. I always like the way the fields are so clean and about to give life.

Bobby, I'm glad you got one thing off your back. As you have been going through this process I hear a difference in your words that tells me you are feeling more free. It might motivate you to get rid of more monkeys. Snow sleds? E-Bay.

Jay, I too have been unable to complete the deal with two other coaches. For some reason I feel when this happens it was not meant to be. I believe God gives us little warnings inside us sometimes and other times that particular coach is meant more for someone else and not me. More than just me looking for the "ONE". You'll find the "ONE" when the time is right.

We had rain the last two days. We needed it it was so dry. Hope you all are getting what you need in your area but I sure am enjoying this warm weather.

Gordon, Our present house was a new build 20 yrs ago. Rough grade. We did not want to rake leaves when we were older so only put in evergreens. We mow around them but did a lot of mulching around them so not much trimming. Still enjoy not having to rake leaves. Man have they grown and done exactly what we wanted. Most are out front and hide us from the road.

Ok smokers, cardiac tech here, do I need to say more. I hate cigarettes! I told a patient long ago who had trouble stopping smoking that he needed to look at cigarettes as the "enemy". It's like fighting a war. The enemy has a gun and is trying to kill you. Are you going to sit there and let him do it or are you going to kill him instead? This guy was ex special forces. He quit when it was put in terms of him fighting an enemy. He had done this numerous times and knew how to fight the enemy. He applied his training to kill it.

Find what term you need to put the cigarettes into to fight them. Do you want to walk your daughter down the isle or some other guy? Do you want to be here for retirement or dead? Do you want that cigarette more than your next breath or do you want to breath more. I'm not saying it is easy, but it is life and death and a lot of money.

Have a good one, Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:01 AM   #1426
bap

cigerettes,,,is probably the hardest battle i have ever faced,,,but life is sooo much better with out them,,,,,like someone else wrote not only do you feel sooo much better after a short while but food and smells are so much better just some iceing on the cake of a longer life......its so easy to tell someone these things but its a very tough thing to quit,,,,you really have to want to for yourself...
i honestly couldnt have done it without the e-cig ,,and like i have i said probably not better than stopping completly but after a few years of not smoking real cigs i feel great,,,and i love the flavors,,,,like captain crunch peanut butter,vanilla swirl, coffee, and so much more,,,,,but i hate the real cig taste now...lol

anyway,,,,sure dont want to harp at someone who smokes ---i kbnow how that feels,,but as an x smoker i know life can and is ALOT better without them...

welll i gotta go i hear another turkey up on the hill calling my name,,,,i think he is lonely and loooking for love----in all the wrong places....lol....sorry but while turkey hunting that song sticks in my head....lol
have a wonderfull day everyone
\\and THANKS LYNNE FOR THE INFO....
Old 05-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #1427

Good Morning Gang,
About 62* and really cloudy here. All the windows open and the fresh air feels wonderful. Slow day today, have to go grocery shopping and we might head to a couple breweries, that is about all. Waiting to see if that tropical low pressure area is going to dump rain on us tomorrow, only 20 to 30% chance, but you know how weatherman are about accuracy. lol.
Hope everyone has a good and safe day.
Frank
Old 05-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #1428

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
It is a great day.

For all of you sweltering I would like to share a photo with you. It seems that while you are enjoying yourselves cavorting about outside one of us who shall remain nameless is forced to stay inside. While I would like to be outside there is not enough snow to shovel!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1889.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	476.9 KB
ID:	93536

The weather man is finally right. Alas he has predicted the rest of the week as being cool. Covered the asparagus bed last night after watering it thoroughly. Hopefully the spears that are just appearing will not be hurt.

Lynne. I recall seeing some of your avatars that showed lovely spruce trees at your house. I have been doing the same thing. We have a mixture of spruce and pine. Last big planting was 80 pine trees. Now there are all kinds of volunteers that I am relocating. We do have some maple trees but one neighbour has a bunch of poplar. Of course the leaves end up on our yard.

Janet and I bought a bagger for the tractor. I can pick up the leaves on the entire yard in less than a day. A friend of ours has a chicken farm so we have access to fresh manure whenever we want. I mix the manure with the leaves and grass clippings to make compost. With the fresh manure it does not take long to break down the grass and leaves. Have the pile way out in the back as it is a bit aromatic for the first while. Neighbours do not complain because we have enough to share.

If you can quit smoking I applaud you. It is certainly worth the effort. Like Lynne says you have to make up your mind and stick to it. Short term pain, long term gain. You too bap. While the ecig may taste good it cannot be doing you any good. Those flavors have to be artificial and sound much better in ice cream than drawing into your lungs. Friend of our just went through a double lung transplant and is doing well so there is an alternative. We still marvel at how well he is doing. We thought at his age he would not qualify. Nough about smoking - do the best you can.

Coffee is ready so going to get a cup. Janet is coming back today so will have to finish tidying up. Spent 8 hours yesterday replacing the sink taps in the ensuite. Things were really tight. Was getting to the point where I was going to remove the counter top to get a wrench on the tap nuts. Made it though with no bad words and no bruises or skinned knuckles.

Have a great day.