Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2019, 09:16 AM   #14519

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, hmmmmmmm, very interesting! Got to be better than chemo dreams, thats for sure! Enjoy, Rail! [emoji266]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2019, 09:40 AM   #14520

Good morning all!

Get well soon Sam!!!! And all others that are not feeling good.

Saturday and Sunday Deb was in the curling tournament across town. She and her team did well. Won 3 games before they were beat. First time for 1/2 of her team.They were the blue team, dyed their hair blue.

Yesterday back to Mexico for another dentist appointment for Deb, root canal and crown all in one day. We drove this time, much easier to sit in car on the line than standing for hours on end. Took about and hour and 20 mins to get thru the border on the way home. We go back again next Monday, she has 3 more teeth to be crowned (the ones they cut the gums on next week) as the gum swelling should be gone.

Should be 70's here today. Bike ride planned for after lunch, going to explore the trails in the east wetlands.

Have a great day all!!!!!

L.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:27 PM   #14521

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
... Sunday Glenda bought some of that hemp oil, the magic stuff. ... Ted, I’ve found something......... I suspect Popeye has had it all along.....
If the chemo stops working, I may have to try something that they say could be a cure. If I do, my dreams may be as vivid as yours for sure... But we will see what happens...

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:14 PM   #14522

I looked into CBD oil after finding cancer on my arm. Ended up going the surgery and monitoring regularly route .

There sure are a lot of claims of the things it is effective against.

I hope they're all true.

Harv
Are you sure you didn't accidentally go into Willie's bus instead of your rig ?

Hey , wait a minute....just how old IS Willie ? hmmmmmmm.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:09 PM   #14523

In the continuing saga of Harvey and Ron's lusting after mesquite wood we have a new wrinkle.

Today I met up finally with the wood carver here in the Foothills. I asked him what he would charge to slice up our logs Ron and I had picked up the other day. He said he would do it for free. I went and got the logs. He asked about others,

Tomorrow's dentist day for Glenda. Thursday we hope to an early start with Ron and hopefully Frank we will take the wood carver to the trees for some picking up of "others" along with an introduction of one artist to another. We're going to have some fun, not as much fun as tip toeing across peaks, but close.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1d2a.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	717.4 KB
ID:	236216   Click image for larger version

Name:	c13NEZQ%Qx2w84EGNDxDVA.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	457.6 KB
ID:	236217  

Click image for larger version

Name:	W9nBLBP5T5ivX7nv4fJOuw.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	677.4 KB
ID:	236218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ydbx%myJRFmON73NMYTl2A.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	236219  

Old 02-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
If the chemo stops working, I may have to try something that they say could be a cure. If I do, my dreams may be as vivid as yours for sure... But we will see what happens...

Ted
The dreams are vivid, but then my dreams have always been vivid, just not as much fun.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:15 PM   #14525

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
I looked into CBD oil after finding cancer on my arm. Ended up going the surgery and monitoring regularly route .

There sure are a lot of claims of the things it is effective against.

I hope they're all true.

Harv
Are you sure you didn't accidentally go into Willie's bus instead of your rig ?

Hey , wait a minute....just how old IS Willie ? hmmmmmmm.
Or as one of my old internet bud's girlfriend would say, "oil joy!"
Old 02-26-2019, 11:06 PM   #14526

I'm home from the Hospital.

Saturday evening just before supper I began having abdominal pain and nausea. I tried to tough it out. 7:30Am I was on my way to the hospital. Was up all night. The ER DR. has treated me several times. He knows when I say I have a bowl obstruction I know what I was talking about. The abd. catt scan confirmed it. Had a brillant RN. Inserted my IV on one poke. Got the NasograsticTube down my nose and into my stomach in record time. Wow Morphine x2. What a relief to be out of pain. Then up to my room...no room mate. I know several of the Nurses as in the past I have been a frequent flyer. Sunday the power went off at our house at 4PM. Didn't come back until Monday at !0;30AM. DH used the Kerosene heater. It kept the house at 57degrees. He frequently opened the door to let fresh air in. We have plenty of smoke detectors and co2 detectors. Felt guilty as I was snug with heat and cable TV at the hospital. The hospital was built in 1966. They never have hot water and you can't take a hot shower. Can't understand how the health dept. lets them get away with this. I have been in other Hospitals with plenty of hot H20. My DR. wouldn't let me have half of my meds. Next hospitalization I will fix this on my own. Don't make me explain. Monday the NG tube was taken out and I am now able to eat. The abd.is just sore. My cousin takes Hemp oil for her Fibromyalgia. It cost her $200.00 a bottle. My pain management DR. doesn't prescribe things the ins. co won't pay for. We had wind gusts of 74miles per hr. It peeled off some roofs like a bannana peel. Schools were canceled as some were on generator power and due to the high winds. Today DH rescued our RV cover as it had mostly blown off and all the roof buble wrap was scattered about our lot. The he decided to check our house roof from the ground. We lost some of our shingles. Put a call into our roofing co. Talked to our ins. about why our truck ins. was raised up 90.00. No claims and the truck is six months older. What a rip!!Stated they were swamped with claims. I will report our roof damage. Our deductible is $1,000. Might have to pay out of pocket. Never lost roof shingles in twenty years. Love the pictures of the wood carvings. Enjoyed the back posts. Thanks for all the well wishes. That what friends are for!! All take care and stay warm. One co. in Bufffalo,NY was making pulled pork sliders for the utility crews restoring power. They couldn't fix electric until the wind was under 40MPH. Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:33 AM   #14527

Good Morning All. Coffee is tasting extra good this morning.

Harvey, you have found a true artist with Mesquite. If my wife was there she loading wanting some like that for her collection of yard ornaments.

Ann, more prayers and best wishes sent.

Weather in Michigan still sucks. 4" of snow and 17°. I don't think I have Cabin Fever. But got to be something similar.

Here is a salt and pepper shaker made out of mesquite. There is a toothpick holder that is a work of art. But I could not find where wife has it stored.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:57 AM   #14528

Ann and another one bits the dust !

That "breeze" has got me beat !
Only gusting to 48 ! but it's the below zero stuff that makes is sooooooooo
"interesting".
Old 02-27-2019, 09:19 PM   #14529

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
My mom went into the hospital yesterday for a small bowel obstruction. They took out the NG tube today and she is feeling a bit better so she should be home either tomorrow or Wednesday.
Melissa,Sam's daughter
Thanks for the information Mellissa. Give your Mom our best. We will keep her in our prayers.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #14530

Good morning!!

Sun is out, pretty day here in Yuma, headed for 79*!!!

Our daughter and SIL are on their way here. Landed in Denver yesterday at 2pm, and started the drive to Moab. Took some great shots of the I-70 run thru Colorado. Their first time west and it is fun to see their amazement as they experience all this stuff as first timers. They will arrive here in Yuma on the 9th, and spend 4 days with us.

Yesterdays Jeep run was very nice. It was ladies day, had a big tunrout and the ladies all drove. Deb did very well.

Today is pot luck pizza day. Right after happy hour. Yum!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 AM   #14531

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Temps sound wonderful Lloyd, supposed to be below normal next 2 weeks with snow, last year we got 3 ft in March
Old 02-28-2019, 01:05 PM   #14532

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Temps sound wonderful Lloyd, supposed to be below normal next 2 weeks with snow, last year we got 3 ft in March
Temps sound wonderful to us as well!

Terry, hope you stay warm and happy.

We are having a good day today, 66*, but it will be back down to a high of 45* tomorrow with cold nights...

Regardless, it is a wonderful day and we are going to enjoy it!!!

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote