Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #1443

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning all

Quitting smoking really is mind over matter after the few days it take to purge yourself of the nicotine addiction. You have to decide if you will let the cigs win the battle or if you will.

The cravings will surface now and then for many folks. Especially if you drink alcohol or coffee. Others can walk away and never look back.

e cigs are better but you are still putting nicotine in your body and thats bad for you. But then if you listen to some folks everything is bad for you. When they discover mothers milk causes cancer I want to know where they will put the warning label.

Eggs are bad, then they are good, then bad. Ditto bacon. Red meat, pork, chicken on and on. What is really killing us all is high fructose corn syrup. Obesity and diabetes are an epidemic that can be traced to that stuff.

Curtis - There is no amount of talking you could do, and I know how you can talk (so can I), that could convince me to give up one of my vices. Cigars. I love a great cigar now and then especially when paired with a good single malt scotch. I don't do either on a regular basis but now and then I treat myself to a little sinning. If Patty can't talk me out of them, even forcing me to sit outside with the cigar, no one can.

My vices are cars, 4x4s, cigars and single malt scotch. There are far worse ones I could be engaged in.

Have a good day ya'll
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #1444

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rail,

Happy Birthday to You tomorrow
Happy Birthday to You tomorrow
Happy Birthday Dear Rail tomorrow
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:22 PM   #1445

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Curtis,
I also started smoking about 15 and quit shortly after my 2nd daughter was born. I went to a pipe for about a year, hated that darn thing, so it was easy to quit and my youngest just turned 39 last month.
it is just one of those things that you have to put your mind to that you want to quit and nothing is going to stop you.
Lynne,
You are just the nicest, sweetest person, and I will second the happy birthday tomorrow to you Rail.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:02 PM   #1446

Winnebago Owners Club
Happy Birthday Rail. Hope you have a great one and many more to come.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:24 AM   #1447

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Happy Birthday Rail!!
Old 05-08-2015, 03:46 AM   #1448

Happy Birthday Rail. Gonna be a good day Tater!

Tornado missed us last night by >< much. We watched it go by our house about a mile from us and destroy one of our neighbors hay barns. Didn't hear of any injuries on the Storm Spotter Channel before we gave up at 2 am. Neighbors house and them are fine BTY.

. So here I am in bed at 4:30 in the morning trying get to get to sleep. The cats were scared and woke me up getting in bed with us. Porcha has learned to let me know she's here by touching my arm so I don't knock her silly turning over. Ripley is so fat she sleeps at the foot of the bed. Good thing we have a king size bed.

With that I'm going to try and get back to sleep..
Old 05-08-2015, 05:46 AM   #1449

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Happy Birthday Guardrail! Curtis glad to here that thing missed you! I stayed home when Hurricaine Sandy hit up here, we were right in the middle of it, using my 25 year old Miller Legend welder/generator to run everything for 17 days! Didn't get a drop at the house, but our rental a few blocks away got 3'. We are basicly surrouned by water here, a block and a 1/2 away 40' boats were all over the main road. I think God was watching out for us ! on both ends of our block they got flooded, but here in the middle I watched it coming up the street from both ends till it got to us, just lapped up over the curb , then slowly went away! The only thing I wish had been different would have been to convert the Miller to natural gas, was areal pain going out every night to scavenge for gas, took my work van and 2-5 gallon cans so I was filling the vans 35 gallon tank and the cans to feed the generator and using a 12 volt pump I rigged up to transfer fuel for some of the neighbors generators. Glad it is over but still gonna get out of here! Have a Great Day all! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:37 AM   #1450

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Curtis,
Glad that the tornado missed you, we were worried about you guys when it showed them hitting on the weather.
Bobby,
Tell Sally that Rita says Hi!
Well Gang, Tropical storm Anna, just gave us about an inch of rain yesterday and a little wind, not too bad. This morning it is sunshine and very few clouds, so maybe a stray shower this afternoon. Looks like it is going ashore right around Charleston, SC within the next couple days. Glad that we aren't heading there till the end of next week.
Rail,
I wished you a happy birthday last night, but again have a wonderful day and may you have many, many more happy and healthy ones.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:51 AM   #1451
bap

Happy birthday rail,,,,,,i sure hope you have a great day.....

Curtis,,,,thank god you guys are ok,,,,,

everyone have a safe day,,,,,
Old 05-08-2015, 09:02 AM   #1452

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning everyone. Curtis, did not know of storms in Rhome last night. So glad y'all are OK. I have a nephew that also lives in Rhome and they are OK also. Rail, happy birthday. Lynne, congrats on your new MH. This purchase will allow you and DH to test everything out and be ready for the time that w..k is finished.

I am a quitter too. Quit smoking in 1978, a year and a half after our son was born. Figured it would improve my chances of seeing him graduate from school. We now have one granddaughter, she just turned 2 years old a week ago. And twin granddaughters due any day. Rebecca smoked 10 years after I quit, she is 9 years younger than me. So we both quit when we were 34. We have saved enough money from not buying cigs and from not paying for the health problems caused by smoking to buy a house. If you want to quit enough, you can quit. Stay well out there everyone.

ronspradley/rebecca

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:15 AM   #1453

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Rail
♪♫♪[̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] [̲̅̅B̲̅][̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅D̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅]♪♫♪

Curtis - Glad you are safe.

Bobby - I remember Sandy. I was in the Poconos. Not nearly as bad as NY, but bad enough. Flooding, power outages for weeks and down trees everywhere. Cut our way out, hit the stores for supplies and headed into NY with supplies that we dropped off at a local church. Made the trip with 6 trucks every day for a week. Saw the devastation over there. Odd how one place could be completely flattened and right next door as if nothing happened other than debris.

Keep your powder dry.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #1454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Tornado missed us last night by >< much. We watched it go by our house about a mile from us and destroy one of our neighbors hay barns. Didn't hear of any injuries on the Storm Spotter Channel before we gave up at 2 am. Neighbors house and them are fine BTY..
Quite the updates last night!!

Great post on quitting smoking, too.
I had to do the same thing with booze. I wasn't an alcoholic, but I loved partying. I still like the occasional IPA, but the thought of getting drunk repulses me. My wife and kids are worth it.

I have a hockey tournament this weekend with a bunch of new players a buddy of mine and I introduced to the sport this past winter, then packing for a week float trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon in Idaho.

Happy Birthday Rail!
Old 05-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #1455

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well got the MH all jacked up on jackstands and the levelers to work underneath it, dragged all the stuff I needed to weld up the exaust that developed a leak (donut burned out and lost one of the brass nuts), due to rushing to go to Florida I must not have retightened them! >Dummy< Started welding and my sparkally almost unused Lincoln Mig decided to stop feeding wire, think it's the drive motor or the circuit board? Isn't it convenient that the super 3 year warrantee from a good old American company just ran out after using it for a total of about 5 hours! Disgusted to find out their boards and motors interchange with Century Chinese Welders. I'd oxyweld them but have no gas, lol! So i'll release my disappointment by needlscaling some rust off the chassis and painting. So depressing to not be able to finish what I started, and had to ask a neighbor to let me put my work van in their driveway so I didn't have to put it down and reset it all again! Otherwise I'd be really depressed when I woke up tommorrow with a $50-75 ticket for parking a commercial vehicle on the street! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:18 AM   #1456

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee is nice and hot this AM, just the right amount of honey and cream, and being able to sit and relax while I drink it? Priceless!

Get to meet Curtis and Melissa in two weeks. When my patient first told me about this site he said that the people who did RVing were nice like people used to be. Boy was he right. I am so glad to have come here and talk with y'all.

Talked to Bobby the other day and I think when we all meet it is going to be a blast. Hopefully we can plan that sometime in the future.

Otherwise, keep checking things off my list.

Check received Y
Find a passenger mirror close
IN Curtis's driveway next

Hope you all have a wonderful day. I will be weeding flower beds, about 1/3 of the way done now. Then to Walmart to purchase things we need for the 23rd.

Toodles, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »