Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 07:02 AM   #1457

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
I'm so happy for you, and you will be pleasantly surprised as you meet the people on here. When Rita and I first left home after retirement, we went to the IRV2 rally in Amana Colonies, Iowa. What a wonderful experience, met some of the moderators from here and they are really good people. As you know, We met Bobby and Sally this spring, and hope to meet with Terry, Jay and You this summer.
Tropical storm Ana is moving further north from us, so we have sunshine and warm for weather.
Curtis,
By your post from last night, it sounds like they bad weather has moved away from you.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #1458

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning all, Lynne, very glad you finally found your MH, I'm sure there will be many happy times ahead. Certainly glad all the bad weather seems to have moved away from both coasts for now, saw an RV park on tv that got hit with one of those tornados, not a pretty sight, no one seriously hurt that's the good thing. Have a great day all.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #1459

Well it's another day in North Central Texas!

It's almost 9:30 am and it's pitch black outside.
Raining buckets again. Lakes are finally coming up. It keeps this up we'll be Kayaking the Trinity all the way to San Antonio.
Wind is blowing hard, but according to Melissa it's not over 70 MPH.
I need to go ahead and put in the Propane conversion in my generator. But so far we haven't lost power through any of this. Blinked a few times, but no outages.

Ron we should talk about where your Nephew is located in Rhome. He might be my neighbor.

I rode my Motorcycle yesterday morning around the surrounding Countryside looking at the Tornado Damage. Lots of power poles downed in the storm, but my buddies, who are still working for the Company got the new ones up already. Some really large trees down and the neighbors are cutting them up for firewood this winter. Ought to be about right.

I saw a few Mobile Homes messed up and my Neighbors barn is gone. Sheet metal spread all over the fields. The storm reported as hitting Rhome, but it actually struck the Community of New Fairview. Their City Limits are my back yard property line.

I've been there played this Tornado game before, only this time I don't have to work. So it was kinda nice to just go look. Although there are a LOT of Gawkers driving the little roads looking at the damage and not paying attention to where they are going. Almost got ran over 3 times. And with all the folks parked next to the downed trees with their trailers behind their pickups while they chop up the trees makes it a dangerous place to be riding a motorcycle. Didn't see anyone short on manpower so I came home. Guess I'd better check my chain saws to see if they will run.

We are going to be under Rain Alerts for the next 7 days. Good thing we are 865 feet above sea level. And 375 above the closest lake. Otherwise I'd be building an ARK.

Don't worry about us. It's called Pre Summer in Texas.
My Red Oak trees are loving it!

And Melissa is having a ball playing with her Weather Apps!!!!!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #1460

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all;
A lovely day here. Grass is growing, birds are singing (and building nests) and I have been outside enjoying the day.

Hope you are all experiencing the same joy I am.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:29 PM   #1461

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning!!

Coffee is pure perfection, as always. Wish you were all here to enjoy it.

Lynne - I have to agree the folks we have met on here have for the most part been stellar! We really need to set up a rally for next year so folks can plan it around their travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Lynne,
I'm so happy for you, and you will be pleasantly surprised as you meet the people on here. When Rita and I first left home after retirement, we went to the IRV2 rally in Amana Colonies, Iowa. What a wonderful experience, met some of the moderators from here and they are really good people. As you know, We met Bobby and Sally this spring, and hope to meet with Terry, Jay and You this summer.
Frank
Looking forward to meeting up, goes for all of you. As I said on Terry's thread, we will be building out the place in OK this year and the door is always open. Full RV hookups and a shop to play in. There will always be someone there even if we are not. The town is Woodward, Oklahoma. Good fishing and boating nearby. You can check out the veterans training program while you're there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Well it's another day in North Central Texas!

We are going to be under Rain Alerts for the next 7 days. Good thing we are 865 feet above sea level. And 375 above the closest lake. Otherwise I'd be building an ARK.

Don't worry about us. It's called Pre Summer in Texas.
My Red Oak trees are loving it!

And Melissa is having a ball playing with her Weather Apps!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Good morning all;
A lovely day here. Grass is growing, birds are singing (and building nests) and I have been outside enjoying the day.

Hope you are all experiencing the same joy I am.
Glad you're safe and sound. A lot of flooding up north in OK as well, not where we will be however. Thank goodness.

Have a fabulous day everyone. Be safe.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #1462

Freightliner Owners Club
Good evening all,
Day stated out bright a sunny with a nice breeze, it is now mostly cloudy, but still a wonderful day. Mid 80's and the breeze makes it real comfortable. Only a couple sprinkles, but no rain. Had a couple of 45' Prevost's come in and park a couple spaces from us, they sure make our unit look puny, lol. May all have a wonderful evening and sleep well tonight.
Frank
Old 05-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #1463

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hope everyones day was healthy and productive! Well I figured out what was wrong with my welder, the range selector switch sounds like Captain Crunch! Can hardly turn it . But got it going enough to finish welding my exaust. Never a dull moment here, just playing around finding things that need fixing. I think I might encourage Sally to go look for a new motorcycle to ride after we go to closing! And the mortgage company finally figured out they were overcharging us on escrow on the house we live in, got a check back for $3300, yay! That was after Sally got on the phone with them a few weeks back. Sally says hello to you and Rita , Frank! See Ya all later, Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:48 AM   #1464

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Just watched a Robin land on the window ledge and walk back and forth looking inside. The bird feeders are empty so must be a message to get them filled up. Jerry usually fills them at night but we have a raccoon who has been visiting at night that he wants to discourage, so birds don't come out to full feeders anymore.

Coffee is good. Sitting here trying to NOT be too excited and for the most part have it under control. Seems almost surreal since I have never seen the rig. It is missing the passenger side mirror but got that ordered and on the way to Curtis's place.

Curtis, Jerry and I also love to watch storms. If one or the other sees something brewing outside we get the other and stand there and watch. I will have to ask Melissa about these storm apps. Sounds interesting to me.

You all have a good day. To any Mothers out there, have a Happy Mother's Day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #1465

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
Happy Mothers Day to you, and all the other mothers out there. We always put out the bird feeder, right now it is hanging from the side bracket for the window awning, when we set up for the winter and the ladders are off the rack in the back, we hang it from there. The biggest problem is to keep the squirrels from getting to it.
Curtis,
We hope that everything is still good at your place.
Have a wonderful day all.
Frank
Old 05-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #1466

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;

Happy Mothers Day Lynne. Gentlemen please pass on best wishes for a great day to your DW.

Have a great day everyone.

Number of Sleeps to May 23: 13
Old 05-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #1467

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning!!

Happy mothers day to Lynne and to all your wives.

Just a wee bit more coffee and I'm on honey do chores. Family is coming over for dinner and everything has to be perfect! Floors to mop/vacuum/sweep and furniture to dust and a meal to cook while Patty relaxes and enjoys the day.

Have a fabulous day.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #1468

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Good morning!!

Happy mothers day to Lynne and to all your wives.

Just a wee bit more coffee and I'm on honey do chores. Family is coming over for dinner and everything has to be perfect! Floors to mop/vacuum/sweep and furniture to dust and a meal to cook while Patty relaxes and enjoys the day.

Have a fabulous day.
Jay - you are making the rest of us look bad!! LOL.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #1469
bap

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO LYNNE AND TO EVERYONES WIVES AND MOTHERS...

We hung out our humming bird feeders last week and they hit it right off but now the honysuckle is in full bloom and there all over them..

have a great day...
Old 05-10-2015, 10:50 AM   #1470

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank You all for the Happy wishes.

I am making homemade rhubarb pies. Just picked the rhubarb prior to making the crusts and they are in the oven. UMMMMMM they will be so good.

Can you bake pies in a MH oven? I assume but it would have to be one at a time. Cause when we meet up I will be baking pies for you guys. Especially for those birthdays.

Have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote