RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:28 PM   #14687

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I hope everyone is doing O.K.,

We left Tucson on the 10th and headed to Truth or Consequences and Elephant Butte State Park for five days. Then headed to Rio Vista, Tx. and will take the car from here back to Fayetteville for doctors appts. After that we come back to Rio and gather up the RV and head towards Custer, S.D. for a summer long work camping gig.

We have had a lot of problems with the RV during all of this. First the convection microwave quit (left over from our electrical issues), then two flats (inside duals both sides), then ,more overheating problems....and then our kitchen slide out quit working....yeesh. Never a dull moment. We have made several more entries to our blog if anyone is interested, Click here. Everyone take care.

Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #14688

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone! Coffee is so so today! Airport coffee!

We are at the Chiang Mai Airport waiting for our flight to Bangkok, as the flights out of Lampang were too late in the morning for us to get to the hospital for the days chemo Rd. 3!
Had to get up at 4:30, taxi picked us up at 5:30, got us here at 6:45, now waiting till boarding time of 8:10!
And then, after booking everything, the hospital calls yesterday afternoon, sorry, no room for you!!!! Instead of canceling everything, losing to money for the flight and all, we went ahead and will stay the night in the long term Amarin Mansion where we always stay, and hope the room is available Saturday!
So, how is your day going? Hahahaha!
It will all work out, I'm sure!
Hope everyone is doing great today! Rail!

Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 PM   #14689

Charlie what did they do, hide the older tires as inside duals? I had one dual go out on my truck and before I knew it the other one blew too. I suspect it was a rock wedged between the tires and took both of them out almost instantly. Trucked jumped three feet sideways before I caught it, pretty scarey. Another time with the truck I was slowing down for a light when an outside dual passed me, they hadn’t tightened up the lug nuts, lost both tires and wheels. I thought it was new tire tread squirm LOL until one wheel was chasing traffic and the other was caught up in the wheel well.

If y’all are going up 75 home Thereabouts is ten miles east of Denison, stop by.

Rail, if you didn’t have some punches to roll with life would be a slippery slide and boring. Enjoy the extra time on the trip and we hope good stuff happens.

Ted, the good days are what it is all about.

Once we got on I40 this morning it was tough with the southern cross winds for awhile. Then it settled down and the white knuckles got a break. Later in New Mexico they came up again. We even got a little hail with a short downpour west of Albuquerque. We hope to stay on 40 until Amarillo then we’ll head south to Childress for the night. That will allow us to be home by lunch on Saturday. We talked to the neighbor today and she said it’s been real quiet since we’ve been gone.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:19 PM   #14690

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
We made it to the Amarin Mansion, checked in, and the Hospital called, and have a room for us tomorrow morning at 8 am. So rd. 3 is a go!
The nurse got the blood work results we sent her the other day, and said everything looked good!
That is good to know, and lets me know I am doing everything right!
Everyone take care! Rail!
Old 03-21-2019, 11:04 PM   #14691
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey gang!
Been very busy here, literally doing several projects at once. That won't change as the weather gets better, it's going to intensify! It would be premature to reveal everything now, but perhaps in a week or so I can share what's going on.
Anyway, I've been framing in my shop, doing ceiling work at the present time. The Buick is coming along nicely, we're near the 75% mark I'd say. Soon as I make room at the farm, I'll be bringing the AC 7080 tractor home. I'm going to shoot for April 26th. That would be 33 years to the day that the tractor left the home place after auction.
We're warming up here, lost a lot of sn*w cover.....in some places WAY too quickly. Western Iowa and Eastern Nebraska are an absolute disaster. In many places they say it can be years before the fields are fit for farming again. Sand and debris is overwhelming. Very sad, they have a real bad problem there. We've had flooding here, but nothing like that, not even close.

Rail, glad they got you in! I'm very pleased to hear things are going well!
Ted, same to you, take care, great days ahead!

Harvey, your dear old dad looks great. More power to him, and bless him. I was very close to my dad too, but time just didn't last long enough. But he's here, every single day.
Great to see the rest of you have enjoyed Yuma and the activities there. Saw the rig on the other thread Lynne, great job on the graphics.
Sorry you're having all the trouble with your coach Charlie, hope you get it fixed and it behaves itself after. One thing's for sure, there's not one inch of that rig you don't know. Best luck getting it straightened out.
Terry, and Popeye, I'm sending you some warm temps. I see your in the middle of more crappy stuff right now, or will be in a day anyway. Enough! I declare you must join me in receiving Spring!
Well, everyone take care and be safe and well.
Bye for now!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #14692

update

Wednesday it was 48* We bundled up and went out to rake our front lawn. The leaves fell so late in the fall that we didn't get to rake the yard. Truly looked like the ghetto with all the papers ect. blown around. DH had his long handled shovel scooping up leaves at our curb. Today was another nice day. I had an apt. at the GI DR. He ordered a GI xray. It is the one you have to drink "chalky milkshake." Then he wants me to have the pleasure of a colon scope. Need to call my insurance to see if I am covered at the surgical center he wants me to go to. I may need to get off my blood thinner. It is up to my primary. The injections could cost me $300.00 ouch!! Rail and Ted our prayers have been heard and answered. Chase is all done with his antibiotic and ear RX. We have been leaving the bedroom door open. He will go in the door way and then go back on the bunkbed. The other cats haven't gone in the room yet. Working on some more fixit projects at church. Tomorrow we will get 1to 2 inches of snow. The temp will be in the 20s. Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:01 AM   #14693

More news

Got our truck worked on. Never hurts to have a set of mechanics eyes on the truck. DH had the tires rotated and it was noted that the front tires were warn a little bit crazy. Had an alignment. The numbers weren't that far off. Recommended that the cheap original shocks were worn out and we needed to replace. The mechanic put in Monroe shocks. The truck takes the bumps better. Drives like new!! Got a letter from the crime bureau. Thought it was another rejection letter. They had me fill out a form. I told them I got screwed three times. Once by the crime board. Got screwed by our do nothing police dept. Got screwed by the theif. Well the crime board decided to reimburse us for our lawn mower and the bolts we used to reinforce the shed. $500.00 very sweet. Took them from July to March to reimburse us. Now we can purchase the lawn mower in time for the mowing season. It pays to be mouthy some times.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:42 AM   #14694

Rail
Seems you have found a comfortable alternative option to "their" problem ..
Hope round 3 goes as good as the last 2....

That taxi ride sounds kinda long , rush hour traffic or just the regular stuff and far to go? ...

A dreaded Northeaster has me in her sights !!!! But just rain here so no shoveling
Lots of rain............

About 24" iff'n it was sno......that other stuff.

OK spoke too soon ! Opened the door and the rain is a blizzard!
The doppler radar shows all rain here on the coast.......send it back for re-grooving....
Old 03-22-2019, 06:52 AM   #14695

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye we are in the middle of a "elevation" snow storm, and guess who has elevation! 12" or more
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:04 AM   #14696

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Popeye, Friday traffic in Bangkok!
Old 03-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #14697

Terry
Yup yup , raised the yard elevation 12".
BTST.
Been there , shoveled that......

The blizzard turned to rain pretty quickly.
Just a couple of inches of slush on the road getting liquified by car tires.....and just rain for the rest of the day..................... Maybe.

(need a crossed fingers smilie)

Rail
Bet it's fun in a taxi , if you can open your eyes.........
Old 03-22-2019, 09:18 AM   #14698

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Bests on the treatment Stan. Hope it goes well.

Another lovely day here.

Had a dessert pot luck last night. Had a big lunch about 2 pm so the sugar high was not too bad. Lots of great desserts and ice cream as well.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #14699

Good morning!!!

Happy to hear it all worked out Rail! Good luck with round 3!!!!! You got this!

Ugh, seems snow is everywhere. I hope that ends soon, would rather stay out of that with this rig. We are paid here till 4/2, may stay a little longer. Have a reservation in Flagstaff for the 10th.

Charlie, care ful with those tires! Sorry your having such a run of problems, hope that ends soon. Safe travels home.

Electra,,,, I have been watching those floods, horrible feel so bad for the farmers and others. Many have lost everything. Hope your secret project comes together as you wish!!!! Oh, and pics of the car would be nice!!!

Sam, well at least they came around to paying you. Good deal on that.

Did about a 80 mile ride on the motorcycle yesterday. Nice lunch with Gordon and Janet and another couple here in the park that went with us. Great weather. Saturday the ladies are off to a Red Hat event for the day, us guys with bikes arre going to ride to Boerego Springs and check out the metal art. Are friend Bruce has never been there.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:27 AM   #14700

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
What Lloyd said. Felt good to get out on the bike. Nice to stretch its legs more than just going to the golf course. Longer ride today.

Best wishes Rail and Ted.

Sorry for the bad luck Charlie. Hang in there, you will get it all together and the stuff fixed. We all seem to be "fixing" on something or other. Trick is not to let it get you down.

Have a great day.