Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #1471

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Lynne; Janet baked pies in the 5er gas oven and in the convection oven in the coach. I have baked pies on the grill.

Our rhubarb is just coming up.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 03:57 PM   #1472

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

It was so good! I love rhubarb pie left a bit tart instead of loaded with sugar. UMMMMMM good!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #1473

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
My mouth is watering, tart is just how I love mine.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #1474

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

With some vanilla ice cream. Yum! We will definitely have to share some someday. Lynne
Old 05-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #1475

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Jay - you are making the rest of us look bad!! LOL.

The clincher............ I did all the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen too. Sorry fellas.

Truth be told Patty waits on me all the time and cleans up behind me as well. Oh I'm not that bad about it, but still. Mostly it's really that no matter how clean I make something, she comes right behind me and goes over it again.

Most of all she puts up with me and I can tell you that alone is a monumental task. So 2 days a year I won't let her do anything that even smells like work. Not that I don't work share the rest of the time. But on mothers day and her birthday I won't let her do any work at all. She tried to wipe down the counters today and got snapped with a dish towel. The birthday is coming up in 2 weeks. Taking her on a little outing so she can be pampered all day. I have to recharge her "Put up with Jay" battery.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:21 PM   #1476

Winnebago Owners Club
I hear you Jay. They are definitely worth it. I am in the same boat as you. I have been doing the stuff around the house since Janet had the hip operation. She is starting to get bored and I started catching her doing something a week or so ago. She is coming along quickly and wants to get out in the yard to do some gardening. 6 weeks on Friday so we will see what the Dr says.

Lynne - we had apple pie and lemon loaf today but tomorrow I am going out to look at the rhubarb. I can see from the kitchen that it is just starting to leaf out but perhaps if I sit there and look sad it will come up faster. I will water it too.

Sleeps till May 23: 13
Old 05-11-2015, 05:41 AM   #1477
bap

HAAAHAA debbie still vows ti teach me how to make a bed,,,lol,,,i think i do pretty darn good at cleaning and straightning up,,,,,but after she goes behind me-----WOW--
---WHAT A DIFFERENCE,,,,,,,lets just face it guys we cant do the womans touch thing no matter how hard we try,,,,lol...

and by the way gooooooodmorning,,,,gonna be another 90 plus here today,,,ive got debbies little pepper and tommato garden plowed,tilled, layed off and we just planted it yesterday,,,,,it,s about an 1/8th of an acre beside the house,,,,the cornfield is plowed and mostly tilled by my 77 year old fil total of sweet corn about 5 acres,,,---now my oldest grandson wants a pumpking patch so he can sit up a stand to sell pumpkins this fall,,,he just turned 10,,,,i told him that was a great idea,,,so another acre of pumpkins going in....were gonna sell sweet corn and then pumpkins...the boy is alll about making andn saving money,, and loves working the garden and the horses...sounds fun him and i working the field and setting up a produce stand.....i love it....
Old 05-11-2015, 06:15 AM   #1478

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Guys, it is a whole different ball game when you live in 350 Sq. Ft. You learn real quick to find a place for everything, and put it back when you are done. You also share duties a lot more than at home. Rita still won't let me do the dishes, but I do most of the cooking, not all, but most.
Lynne,
I will take you up on that, we will be in Frankenmuth the middle of September, so we won't be too far from you. Rhubarb is my favorite pie.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #1479

Winnebago Owners Club
bap - I will be turning our garden today for the second time. Probably another couple before we actually plant. Have to go out and sit with the rhubarb a little bit while I am out there. Lynne has me hankering for a rhubarb pie. Janet was talking this morning about making an apple and cranberry pie. Hmmmmmm

Frank - space (or lack of it) is one of the best things for planning. The less space you have the more you have to plan. Also how much stuff can you actually take? Helps with setting priorities. We were in Frankenmuth a number of years ago on a motorcycle tour. We went to a family dining place that was great. Cant remember the name of it but really did enjoy it.

Lynne
Number of Sleeps to May 23: 12

I think you are driving down to get your coach so here are some suggestions for things to take with you (assuming you plan use it on the way back): bedding, pillows, clothing, towels, place setting for 2, cutlery for 2, knife, frying pan, pot, tea kettle, coffee pot (we ground a small container of coffee to take along rather than take beans and a grinder), salt & pepper shakers, favorite seasoning, toilet paper RV, personal kit, shampoo, hand soap.

Road atlas and GPS. Road Atlas should be fairly current. If not you can buy one a most truck stops. We like the truckers atlas as it will list height restrictions if that is a concern. GPS is optional but very handy if driving through larger cities, make sure the maps are as current as possible. It may be a bit late but if you are going to buy a RV GPS it could be purchased now if you can get it in time to practice with it before getting the coach.

Some stuff like butter, milk, meat, produce, bread, etc you can buy in a store.

Something to buy: We use Dawn for dish soap as they say it helps maintain the tank sensors.

Parking in Walmart parking lots is OK, especially if it is a Super Walmart. They have a good selection of food and do have an RV section where you can find some things like RV toilet paper if you do not have it already.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #1480

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hope Curtis is ok , just saw those crazy tornadoes ripped thru parts of Texas and Arkansas, prayers to all out there! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:11 PM   #1481

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning!!!!!

San Fran Coffee Co breakfast blend today. Not bad. Still prefer the French roast.

Had a fabulous day with family yesterday. Oh man the ham was awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
HAAAHAA debbie still vows ti teach me how to make a bed,,,lol,,,i think i do pretty darn good at cleaning and straightning up,,,,,but after she goes behind me-----WOW--
---WHAT A DIFFERENCE,,,,,,,lets just face it guys we cant do the womans touch thing no matter how hard we try,,,,lol...
No doubt about it. But if say that out loud I get "you can learn to do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
now my oldest grandson wants a pumpking patch so he can sit up a stand to sell pumpkins this fall,,,he just turned 10,,,,i told him that was a great idea,,,so another acre of pumpkins going in....were gonna sell sweet corn and then pumpkins...the boy is alll about making andn saving money,, and loves working the garden and the horses...sounds fun him and i working the field and setting up a produce stand.....i love it....
Thats great hes not afraid of work and is already having ideas of being in biz for himself. Teaches you real quick the value of the dollar and what it takes to earn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Guys, it is a whole different ball game when you live in 350 Sq. Ft. You learn real quick to find a place for everything, and put it back when you are done. You also share duties a lot more than at home. Rita still won't let me do the dishes, but I do most of the cooking, not all, but most.

Frank
Gotcha. We spent a lot of time practicing living in that small of a space within our home. Funny story. But it will help us be able to live in it without killing each other.

Lynne - Tic Toc Tic Toc

Have a great day everyone.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #1482

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

You are on. If you let me know what dates you will be in Frankenmuth, we may just bring the MH to the campground there and visit as we eat rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream. What do you like to drink with it? Coffee, milk, or something else?

Gordon,

Sitting in my bedroom is a box with the following items. We will be flying down so packages will be sent to Curtis and Melissa's house.

Kitchen spoons, spatulas, sharp knifes, forks, spoons, knives, towels for kitchen and bath, salt and pepper, season salt, matches, and potato peeler. Can opener and hand soap, and shower soap. Dawn dish soap. Waste basket and bags Zip-loc bags varying sizes. Scissors, bar tenders cloth for drawers to keep stuff from sliding. Some cleaning rags just in case. RV TP.

Ordering from Walmart: and having shipped: Sheets, pillows, blanket.

So, as you can see, I have been busy and trying to get enough without making it too much.

I figure when we take off we will stop for the food, bottled water, snacks, map from the truck stop a couple miles from Curtis's house. Tire gauge, have a GPS that is coming with us. PC, cell phone charger.

May buy a couple cheap folding chairs when we stop at Walmart and an ax. Taking some tools with us too.

It will all work out. When we get home I have fire tongs. Marshmallow sticks and hot dog sticks my Dad made over 40 years ago. They will go in the MH for sure. Dad would have loved having one of these. We tented and he had a pop-up. He put the love of camping into me.

Yep, 12 sleeps and counting. This has been quite a process. Have a great one! Lynne
Old 05-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #1483

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne your list sounds great. We drove down to pick up our coach so we had the luxury of filling the car full. However Janet in her wisdom only took enough stuff to use on the way back. When we got home she filled the place up.

I think she was very wise to do what she did. Things were not too complex and moving in the first day was quick and easy. She had planned a few meals for the trip home so we only had to stop for the right ingredients. The rest fell into place.

It did not hurt that we were in Iowa and the corn was in season. YUMMMMM
Old 05-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #1484

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey Bap,

I will be going Wednesday to take a video of the TT I sent you the pics on. I will get the video sent to you as soon as I get back from Billy's. Anything in particular you want me to get a real good exam of while am taping? Just let me know.

Frank,

It would be great to see you two in Frankenmuth. Get to meet Curtis and Melissa soon and then you two too would be fine. If Bap comes to look at that TT than we get to meet two more.

Could be a wonderful summer with meeting friends.

Lynne