Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #15037

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Star Wars - May the fourth be with you!!

Sun is out here. Flurries overnight. Rain this afternoon. All we need is Summer and Fall and we have had all the seasons in one day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #15038

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi gang,
Well, I took my sweet time getting to IA, but made it safely. I'm still coughing my head off, on day 3 of my Z-pack antibiotics, this sucks.
But, no time to waste, working on many things at once. Got the tank back in the 200 Allis, won't be long now....pic below.

I have some big news for you all. I didn't want to reveal anything before knowing for sure but, after 2 plus years of work and much much planning,
(I anticipated this in late March, but it took another month).......
I have been given approval to begin construction on my own RV park. I should be receiving my permit in the mail soon.
It's not a large park, only 16 sites. There will be a pond with a little beach. The theme is a quaint attractive laid back setting. I will have a game room and some other activities built in phases. There is a nice existing several miles long biking/walking trail about a mile away. It was once a railroad bed.
I'm hoping to open in 2020, hope some of you can stop by!
Tim, Ted, and Stan....take care and wishing you well as always.
Have a good night all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190502_182708_Richtone(HDR).jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	244812  
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:59 PM   #15039

Good news

Best of luck getting your campground up and running. One campground we stay at has done many things in stages. They are booked solid and have decided to give up the Good Sam program. They have a nice group hall. It doesn't have any heat. Bad in May and Oct.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #15040

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
... I have been given approval to begin construction on my own RV park. I should be receiving my permit in the mail soon.
It's not a large park, only 16 sites. There will be a pond with a little beach. The theme is a quaint attractive laid back setting. I will have a game room and some other activities built in phases. There is a nice existing several miles long biking/walking trail about a mile away. It was once a railroad bed.
I'm hoping to open in 2020, hope some of you can stop by! ...

That’s so cool! Hope to come there at some point!

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:31 PM   #15041

You need the Meet and Greet Team!!

A good excuse for all to break out the tools and get the job done.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:38 PM   #15042

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone!

W.D., where is this said CG going to be? Iowa or Tennessee?
Maybe a future M&G site? Sorry to hear the cold is still with you, hope the drugs knock it out quickly! Also glad you got back home safely! The old Allis is looking good!

Ann, take care of your self!
Wow, I forgot how long it takes for test results in the U.S.! Everything here is the same day, or sometimes the next day!

Frank and Rita, enjoy the ride, lots to see and do on that route! I used to run it all the time in the semi!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 05-04-2019, 10:55 PM   #15043

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Ann & Ted!

Rail, I forgot to say where didn't I, [emoji23]....it will be at one of my Iowa acreages.
M&G sounds good!
Old 05-05-2019, 04:09 AM   #15044

Morning coffee is tasting good.
Michigan weather has taken a step in correct direction. 37° this morning. Heading to 69° with lots of sun. Working on getting yard looking the way we like it.

Electra, good new on the park.

Those healing, prayers for you. Get better soon.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:47 AM   #15045

If the forth wasn't so easy to swallow ,,, just wash it down with the fifth today.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:42 AM   #15046

Just a couple of updates.

1. My power over poison ivy allergic reaction is a thing of the past. I wrestled with it in the old fence line and it pinned me. Well, I have the pustules, not the rash. But the good thing is one of the things I thought was bs works like a fire hose in water gun fight. Glenda bought some Emu Oil when she bought the CBD in Yuma. It’s not magic but it’s better than slight of hand. She just ordered two more bottles.

2. The start of the forming for the barn slab is having some weather issues. I have the original power pole for the mobile home which now feeds the little house and Jane has been an obstacle and we’ve planned around it. But with the new porches and the location of the storm shelter it has to be moved. I have an abandoned power pole in the fence line. And I have a plan and a tractor. Nothing new, have done it before for a client. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...a-lineman.html Nothing but a thing for a stepper. The power company will swap the power for free, can’t beat free.

3. I got glasses. Wednesday morning we sat down in the nurse’s office at the optometrist and I knew I was in trouble when I couldn’t correctly read line three. “My Gawd!” Glenda screamed, “you’re blind!” That was the same thing my son said when he tried my glasses on. It’s kind of kewel to see the birds clearly on the feeders thirty feet away. Doc says I’m kind of backwards from everyone else Everyone else loses close up vision at my age with encroaching cataracts, I’m going nearsighted. My cross. The different part.

Bill, sounds like fun. If I wasn’t involved in a two space park myself I would be wanting to talk to you about play dates.

Rail, CBD didn’t do much for me but according to local rumors nothing could.

Well, it’s a little Emu oil and then I’m off to getting after it land.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8594D043-3A6F-4E07-9EFB-D2EB7EB304F8.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	244841  
Old 05-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #15047

Is that some kind of a unicorn ??
Old 05-05-2019, 08:16 AM   #15048

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Exciting news on the RV park Bill. Not many parks being started now days so a new facility will be welcome.

Sun is out! No snow!! Lots of frost though. Looking at old facebook posts I see we had snow 5 years ago on May 4 and two years ago the last week of April, so things have not changed, just our memories.

It is still freezing hard enough to break things. Have left the heat on in the coach as it is more work than I want to do to winterize. Coach is in the shed and should be ok but do not want to take any chances.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #15049

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I come here also to enjoy during morning coffee..... I would find it much easier to enjoy if there were more pictures.... hard to see let alone read early in the morning, LOL
apopj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:37 AM   #15050

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
If the forth wasn't so easy to swallow ,,, just wash it down with the fifth today.
Uh oh, gotta watch that Popeye.
Had an old uncle did that once......he started celebrating the 4th on the 3rd with a 5th......!!
Decided to paint his chimney right in the middle of it all.....he was nearly to the top on the ladder painting away, then stepped back to admire his work. (!)