Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2019, 04:08 PM   #15051

Good evening all!!!!

I am back home from my annual Honda Interceptor rally. Had a awesome time. Covered just over 1,000 miles of curvey hilly Blue Ridge Mtn roads in 5 days. Only spent 1 afternoon in the rain, but had great company!

Electra congrats on the campground approval!!!! Exciting stuff.

I agree, great place for a Meet and Greet!!!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2019, 08:42 PM   #15052

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Great news electra, just a hop on 35w might just drive the 64 down behind the PA, Will I need too send a pic of the PA?,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:16 PM   #15053

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Great news electra, just a hop on 35w might just drive the 64 down behind the PA, Will I need too send a pic of the PA?,

Tim
LOL - good one.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:16 PM   #15054

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
[emoji23]
Tim
[emoji3][emoji16][emoji23][emoji2]LOL
No worries Tim!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:33 AM   #15055

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Best wishes to everyone healing. We are keeping you in our thoughts.

Going to be nicer today than yesterday. Continued improvement for the week. Looks like we might be done with 'bonus winter'. Another week or so and will plant the garden.

Lloyd - glad you had a good ride. Will be taking the bikes out of the trailer this week. Been too cool to put the windshields on. Worry about cracking plastic. Loosened the tie downs so the suspension is relaxing.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #15056

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Getting ready to leave for Grants, NM here in a little bit, White sands were beautiful.
WD,
Great news on the new park, please make the sites long, like 70'+, so those of us with trailers can leave them hooked up. Looking forward to coming up and visiting. I agree 2020 meet & greet at WD's park.
Ann,
You are included in our thoughts and prayers for your upcoming surgery to be successful with complete recovery.
Got to run, later,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:53 AM   #15057

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning! Coffee is exceptional today!

Great news on the RV Park mr. Bill. I will definitely stop in and see you on my way to HWH next summer. I totally agree on a possible M&G at the right time of year. Humidity can be brutal in Iowa. 3 years in Quad Cities taught me that.

Time for the 5,000 and 10000 mile maintenance on Maggie. Picked up the fluids yesterday and ordered a full set of filters which should be here by Wednesday. Under two hundred bucks. Certain satisfaction in doing it yourself. Work continues on the rear bumper cover. I'll share some photos when it's done.

Hoping to be on the road to Seattle by the 15th. I have form remodel projects waiting up there for me one of them a kitchen remodel that is been waiting two years for me to get there. Hope to be back in Oklahoma by October.

Have a blessed day and good health
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:28 AM   #15058

Spent five hrs. in ER

Had to get off my blood thinner pills. Then I had to do injections twice a day for five days. The shots gave me a very painful abdomen. It is a hematoma (collection of blood.) Didn;t care for the DRS style as he didn,t look at me for 2 and a half hrs. Never gave me a pain pill or a hot pack. Sent me for an abd.scan. It just showed I needed to take liquid laxative. Home at 5AM. My Orthopedic DR. dropped a "bomb shell" on me. Stated that my surgery was a fifty fifty chance of relieving the pain. Thanks!! just spent $90.00 on RX to get ready for surgery. Appreciate all the prayers for surgery on the 8th. Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:56 AM   #15059

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another liquid kind of day. Nice gentle rain this morning. Life is grand.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #15060

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi all,

Been raining here since the 5th. Today the temps are hovering one degree +/- freezing. Not supposed to get above freezing until early Friday morning with drizzle, rain, snowshowers and snow until then. We are also socked in by fog until 3am tomorrow morning. You can only see about an eighth of a mile. The weather stinks. And of course we show up for work camping on the longest winter on record and thirty degrees below normal here in Custer..go figure.

I go on the campground schedule starting at 9am tomorrow and on for four days. I hope it gets warmer, outside work is going to suck if it doesn't.

To top it all off my kitchen slide quit working again when we got here (ran it out manually) and the step cover won't go up (not that we need it). I've got five months to figure those out before we leave.

Hope everyone is ok. If anyone is headed to Custer this summer, give us a holler and we'll get together.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:29 PM   #15061

Good evening!!!

Ann, prayers and best wishes!!! Get well soon!!!!

Bill, what will the name of your new RV park be??

Frank, looks like you and Rita are having a great time! I agree, 70' sites!

Been very busy around here, lots of yard work, a few small trees feel near the wood line, deck and porch needed pressure washing etc.. Making progress.

Friends from the old neighborhood bought their first RV, a small toy hauler. They are coming over Thursday to stay a couple days in site #1. Gonna helpp them get a few things working.

Not sure if I shared this, but on the way home the drier stopped heating. Pulled the unit out of the cabinet and found one of 2 thermostats had blown. Ordered a kit from Splendide with 2 new thermostats and replaced. The reason I am bringing this up is I talked with the tech support guy and he said these are often caused by blockage in the air flow. Deb is very good about cleaning the lint filter, however when we took it out and shinned a flashlight down in the cavity found a HUGE amount of lint. Used a long pair of needle nose and was able to pull it out. Suspect the previous owners didn'y keep after the filter. When you get some time, look in there and check yours. The Thermostats are no fun to change.

Taking the coach to Gaffney next Monday,,, found out there are 3 recalls that need to be addressed. Check of power steering hose routing, possible stuck throttle (Yikes!) and a wiring problem that can cause the brake lights to fail on the coach and towed vehicle. Lucky to be so close to the Freightliner Custom Chasis service center. Can leave it on Monday, and they will use it as filler work and should have it done by Friday.

L.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #15062

Carolina Campers
Hi all!

Went for the 9th cycle of chemo today. We found out that the results from cycle 8 were not good. The chemotherapy has worked through it’s effectiveness. My Oncologist said that it is time to take a break from cheo. The next steps are not clear...

We have decided to go the alternative treatment route... Starting tonight, and three doses a day until done....

I hope this works....

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:53 PM   #15063

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Evening all,
I am bolstered by everyone's enthusiasm about my park, many thanks. The only thing I have yet to clear is getting a green light from the board of supervisors regarding the drainage district. This is because of the pond and county tile near it. My engineers have laid it out in detail, I pray they, (the board) will be in agreement and my neighbors will see the net gain in drainage I'm providing them, on my dime.
I should know by the end of the month. Then hopefully we'll get real busy, and mother nature is nice.
I'm going to call the place "Corn Patch Corner". I have 4 sites at 65ft, one at 55ft, 56ft, and 57ft....60ft, 62ft....and 70ft, 76ft, and 73ft.....and guess what Lloyd, Frank and Gordon....the pull through sites are 84.7ft, 80ft, 77ft, and 70ft. All sites are 20ft wide, and back ins are 45 degrees to the road. I did a lot of drawing and redrawing. I even started a thread asking for advice last year. I've done my dead level best to design this as an RVer for an RVer. I pray it works![emoji2] I would have made more long sites, but I'm only working with 7 acres total.
Everyone pray I get the final green lights.
Take care all, looking forward to coffee in the AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #15064

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Ted, I was busy typing my post while you came on. Sorry to hear about the 8th cycle. We're all praying for you, hope your alternative measures do the trick fast, take care.

Sorry you're going through the crap weather Charlie & Martha. The Midwest can be ornery. We're going to get it here for the next two days, maybe even a sn*w flake or two they say......[emoji107][emoji107]