Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #15317

Coffee was good this morning. Couple days ago went to get a cup of coffee in kitchen. Got wet feet. Roof was leaking. 30 + year shingles do not last that long. Did get 20 years out of them. Sealed the bad areas and got a roofer coming out to remove and replace.
With Michigan weather the way has been this year. Hail and heavy rain have been hard on roofs.
Hope all those healing and getting treatments get better.
Prayers for all.
Good morning.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #15318

Gulf Streamers Club
Ron, If you have had hail, maybe insurance will pay for a new roof. Or some warranty for 20 years on a 30 year roof? good luck

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:22 AM   #15319

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Ron, If you have had hail, maybe insurance will pay for a new roof. Or some warranty for 20 years on a 30 year roof? good luck

ronspradley

Thanks. Got both of those covered.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #15320

I'll keep checking gas $ every time I fill up ~ once a week or so.
The places around here are on Gas Buddy. Probably the Vermont+ N.H. ones are too !

Lots of price variation from place to place here too.

OH , all the ice is gone. I'll probably go by the Haven for some pics , probably look better occupied for size comparisons to the current rig in residence .
I might be able to use my tablet , just haven't been able to find the camera ,,,,,,, maybe it doesn't have one ? nahhhhhhhhh , even candy bars have cameras these days............
Old 06-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #15321

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Morning everyone. Spent night with Pebbles in old Gulfstream. At sister's place outside Gatesville. Sister went to hospital early Tues morning with gasping for breath and chest pains. Turns out doctors day it was not a heart attack and was not pulmonary. She feels fine and looks good. Had angiogram and her heart doctor said it was essentially the same as the last one in 2005. Coming back next weekend and taking Gulfstream to house in Taylor. Will clean her up from there and sell. Floors got final coat of urethane on Friday but I have not seen. Will be home Sunday afternoon and take a picture. Sure looked good with one coat.
Lloyd, are y'all planning on going by Terry's before Vermont and Maine or straight from Gettysburg to Maine? I still have not laid out my route to Terry's area.

ron and pebbles
Ron, we are trying to figure this out too! If you are coming thru my area, ( Central Il.) we can go up to Terrys together! My sons house has 3 RV hookups. Terry, what day will we leave your house for Maine, on the 10th? I am trying to figure out the days for our trip, and have enough time to get everything done before we leave my sons!
Tim and Joe, are you planning to go to Maine this year? And if so, you can come thru central Il. and stay at my sons also! We can mini caravan to Terrys! I am just trying to sort this all out! There is room for everyone at my sons, they have 6 acres and 3 sites with hookups! Pm me with your plans and we can figure it out!
Had a talk with my Dr. today, and set up a CT scan after our trip, so can do on the way back home!
Rail! [emoji266]
Old 06-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #15322

Gulf Streamers Club
Rail, if we are going from your son's place, how far to Terry's and how many nights on the road? Seems like it would be approaching 1000 miles. And would we be on tolls or not? My Monaco requires constant 100% attention to drive safely and long days get me down. Especially when adding several together.

ron and pebbles
Old 06-16-2019, 03:54 AM   #15323

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
No Ron, I don't do tolls if I can help it, and yeah, probably two overnights to get to Terry's! I can do 500 miles days, but I don't like too! We can pick a couple of 350 mile days, then do the rest on the last leg to Terrys! If that is ok with you! Yeah, i have heard the shorter coaches are twitchy! Mona drives very straight and true, it is balanced very good, and fun to drive! Rail! [emoji266]
Old 06-16-2019, 05:40 AM   #15324

Gulf Streamers Club
Rail, I will adjust the TRW steering box before this trip to Maine. That will help some. And this winter in Yuma I will get a front Watts installed. That should help with the wander. 350 miles would be a long day for me, 7 hours, but I can do that two days in a row and rest later. But wouldn't that be two 350 days and then a 300 day? But I am sure I could make that. If that was followed by a non-driving day. Sure looking forward to this trip and seeing everyone again.

ron and pebbles
Old 06-16-2019, 06:05 AM   #15325

Good morning!!!!

Happy fathers day all!!!!

Carolina Blue Sky here, 67* here.

Deb and I took our bikes to Greenville S.C. yesterday and rode a rail to trail there called the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Had a great time, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Back in March I think,,,,, I know I was in Yuma,,, I had a messenger chat with Terry concerning all of us decending on his place. I shared it here. Speaking for him here, but there is not enough area to get a bunch of us parked at Terry's without parking in areas that will leave us stuck if the weather is, or gets wet. Meanwhile,,,, it has been a very wet year in N.Y.. Of course that could change. Terry jump in if I got this wrong. However I did share that we needed a different plan. Sorry if there is confusion here.

Soooo, Deb and I are currently not planning on going to Terry's. We do plan on stopping in Vermont and visiting with our friend John who is also planning on joining us in Maine. On the way to Vermont we may stop for 1 night in a park in the area,,, to visit Deb's sister.

We are excited about the Meet and Greet. Looking forward to it.

L.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:06 AM   #15326

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
We leave for Radium Hot Springs this morning on the first leg of our Alaska trip. I tried to post several times over the last few days, only to lose the posts when my tablet decided to disconnect while the post was down loading. Last night found the water pump wouldn't run, either the motor gave out or the pressure switch quit working. Next door neighbor just happened to have a new one and was kind enough to sell it to me. Will install when we get to our destination.
Later gang, and happy fathers day,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #15327

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Happy Father's Day gentlemen!

Rain expected today again. Talked with a farmer couple yesterday. They will get 80% of their fields that are not planted paid for. The 20% loss is what would buy seed for next year. They were planting yesterday in the fields they could finally get in.

Frank, hope you and Rita have a wonderful (problem free) trip.

Going to miss all of you in Maine this year. Booking sister's tickets to get out to Pigeon Forge. Hadn't booked it yet and turned out to be a good thing because she said she would rather take the bus so she can see the scenery. She doesn't like flying. So she is going by bus.

Harvey, what blood type are you? The reason I ask is because I read an article saying bees and mosquitos were more attracted to negative blood types. I know because they hound me and I am A negative.

Have a great day all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:41 AM   #15328

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone.
Ron - have you considered a steel roof? Costs a bit more but then you are done.

Off for our motorcycle club breakfast meeting. Hoping to get a ride in as well but showers predicted. And the grass needs cutting. Showers and rain predicted for the next week.

Garden is doing well.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:35 AM   #15329

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lloyd, if Terry does not have room for us, I'm sure there is a CG close!
Ron, the TRW boxes are supposed to be better than the Sheppard boxes!
I think the short wheel base with the rear overhang is the biggest problem with the short coaches, and you need to load it like you are going, and take it across the scales, and make sure it is good on the weights for the axels!
Mona is way under and I carry a full tank of water and diesel, and it helps the ride and the handling! We don't pack a lot stuff, as we aren't full timers! We pack for a month at the most, then the rest of the time we are at my son's house! We have lots of cabinets inside with nothing in them! And the basement is not full by any means!
We are back home, and everything is good! I just can't believe how much better I feel since I am on the CDB oil! I got the platelet shot before I left the hospital, and before the CBD oil, I got so sick to my stomach, but since on the oil, I feel good, and came home and made chicken burritos for supper! Dang they were good! This was my last chemo treatment, and glad to be done!
Now, ready for our trip back to the U.S. and some quality time with Wes and Tonya, and getting to see everyone at the Meet and Greet!
Everyone have a great day! Rail! [emoji266]
Old 06-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #15330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Ron - have you considered a steel roof? Costs a bit more but then you are done.
Yes I did. We have a barn with metal roof. It is over 60 years old.
But when you are 76 years old. Spending the extra money did not make sense. We are getting what is claimed as 50 year shingles.

Hope everyone is having a great Fathers Day.