Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #1527

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Rita said any of the berries, and thank you so much. Just so you know she makes a killer carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2015, 05:34 AM   #1528

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Sitting here enjoying my cup of coffee. Didn't start drinking this stuff until a few years ago when it was really cold here in MI one winter. Then didn't drink it over the summer. Started up again when it got cold again and haven't stopped since. I only drink the one cup in the AM but I do enjoy it.

The coffee pot I sent down for the rig is a single cup (actually a cup and a half) maker. Figured it would work for our drive home and then I can use it outside so I don't disturb my husband when I wake up early in the am when we are in the MH. I have one just like it at home. Works great!

Hope you all have a peaceful and fun day. Going to the new Avenger's movie with the kids. I wish you peace and success. Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:39 AM   #1529

Lynne , you and Jerry must be crazy with anticipation! Gordon so glad to hear Janet is doing well. And as soon as I figure out how to get photos from my phone to my computer uploaded without the silly thing importing every pic on the phone each time I want one or two, i'll post pics of that old Wringer/Washing machine. Bought LP for the mh upstate , ny , had no idea what propane was worth as the only time I filled it was when I met Frank and Rita in Florida, paid $58 for 12.4 gallons in Fl. So I thought $4.74 a gallon was normal here. Stopped at a RV dealer in Port Jervis, NY and their propane was $1.89 a gallon, I will definatly plan better! And will not buy anything from that little rippoff shop! Have a Great Sunday all, Bobby
Old 05-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #1530

Lynne,
We use the Kureig and the 12cup is up in the cupboard, haven't used it in a couple years. We usually only drink 1 cup a day also. It is nice sitting out in the cool morning watching the sun come up and listening to the birds singing drinking that 1st cup of coffee.
Bobby,
Yeah, that guy is high, we found Tractor supply has it for $1.89 to $2.09 a gallon, but they don't do motor homes, only portable tanks. It seems like last winter when there was a shortage, they all went up, but this year when there was a surplus and the price came down, they didn't.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #1531

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
"And as soon as I figure out how to get photos from my phone to my computer uploaded without the silly thing importing every pic on the phone each time I want one or two, i'll post pics of that old Wringer/Washing machine."
Dang, Bobby, that sounds so familiar! I say the same thing! Smart phone my a**!! Bet you are glad to be rid of one less worry!
We will have to plan our next trip to the U.S. when we can all get together, it would be fun for sure!
Coffee was very good today, and only 2 cups. But i did have a Thai iced tea this afternoon!
Gordon, sure glad Janet is doing so much better. Before long, you will be trying to keep up with her!
Terry, i know you are glad to be done with PT, and everything you are doing on the TH is looking great!
Bap, glad you are back!
Lynne, getting excited yet?? Hahaha!
Frank, enjoy your time in S.C. it is very beautiful there!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 05-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #1532

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning, Gordon, good news on Janet, keep it up for sure! All this talk about pies and cakes I've gained 10lbs , and I haven't even ate any. Only 1 or 2 cups of coffee? wow I drink all day long, (coffee that is). Guys, with the pics and smart phone, I have my E Mail account on my phone and just email what pics I want to my computer and then download from there. Bobby good to hear you got rid of one headache.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:21 AM   #1533
bap

just wanted to try again to get on here and say hello, and its great to hear all are doing well,,,,,,,this old laptop just wont let me get on irv2 for some reason,,,everytime i try it says irv2 not responding,,,,i dunno why,,,,,but sure do miss keeping up with you guy,s....again i hope this goes threw,,,,,,,i have made so many posts and they dont show up on here,,,,,sooo heres hopeing....
.......have a blessed day gang
Old 05-17-2015, 02:27 PM   #1534

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning.....afternoon really.

Good see ya'll are up and at em..

More yard work today. Stopped in to make another cuppa. I don't really count how many so much as I quit by 1ish.

Stay warm and dry.....
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #1535

I NEED TO CLARIFY A FEW THINGS SO HANG ON.

1 The refrigerator IS a120Volt/ Gas unit, but also will run off the 12DC Volt/ 120AC Volt inverter. So it is a 3 way. Only not the way we're talking about. Refrigerator works good on shore power too!

The Coach has an Automatic Satellite Antenna on the Roof, and it even works, but the deceased previous owners family absconded the Dish TV Tuner. But, you have the expensive and nicer part of Satellite TV. Plus it will do Sat Internet too! No setting up a dish on the ground and trying to find a satellite the hard way. Flip on the switch and tell it what SAT you want and it locks on to it.

If they haven't changed their policy, when you get a contract for the Dish Network Service they supply, or lease, you a Tuner. So your Automatic Dish Antenna is already installed and that will save you a bunch of cash.

The AC units work on shore power, but the front unit doesn't cool as well as the rear. Could be because of the massive glass up front and the fact I had it sitting all afternoon in the sun before I tried to cool the Coach down. But if you run both it gets comfortable fairly fast. (I checked the filters and they are clean enough to not keep it from cooling well.

There is a cool shore power usage meter too! So you don't pop the breakers outside. A cool feature!

The big front TV works and there is a VCR DVD Player in the cabinet and it works good. Bu,t I have not figured out how to play through the Surround sound speakers the previous Owners Father installed. May just be I'm not hitting the right output button.

Now for the odd stuff. All 120 volt outlets work but one. And take a wild guess which one it is! Lynne, if you buy a flat screen TV for the bedroom, I suggest you buy one that comes with a 12 volt power plug too! I'm tried to trace the outlet source but so far no luck. And I can't find an electrical schematic for it yet. Going to see if I can find one on the InterWeb!

Still trying to get the rear stabilizer to work right. Front ones work no problem but the rears may have a blister button issue.

What else?

Oh and there is still that front cigarette light outlet blown fuse I have yet to find. I thinks it also powers the overhead map lights, I think!

I know all this sounds like a lot, but really, this is one of the cleanest used coaches I've seen in a while and there are so many thing that do work it is worth messing with the short list to have it.
Other than the dozen or so coffee stains on the carpet.

I'll get out and play with it some more tomorrow and test the propane and plumbing systems. Actually the plumbing works I just haven't fired up the water heater, stove and all.

And to wrap this up, the Old Dude that owned this Coach had all his maintenance done at the Dealership he bought it from. And all maintenance records are there. Even the original sales contract is in there.

That's pretty much all I have for today!

Well, I've got some Honey Do's to knock out!
Old 05-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #1536

Curtis,
You are the MAN!!!! As far as the receiver, I bought mine on the web from a local dealer, then just called dish to make sure that the card that was installed was actually good, and it was. I got the 2 TV and DVR receiver, my bedroom TV remote is UHF while the living room is infared. The only thing is I have the Wingard Traveler and it gets all 3 satellites at the same time. One the King Dome, it only picks up 1 satellite at a time, so as you switch channels, you have to reset the dish. Same thing if you try to watch 2 different channels at the same time on 2 different TV's. The things that need correcting, don't sound any more than one would expect on any unit new or used. The surround sound is a different animal Curtis, I haven't figured mine out yet, and I have had it for over 5 years, but I haven't played with it, as long as 1 speaker works, that is all I care about. I didn't think about having an inverter, but that is a good way to travel, then you don't have to worry about stopping for fuel and remembering to turn it off and then back on. I always turn my hot water tank off when I am traveling.
Frank
Old 05-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #1537

Winnebago Owners Club
Curtis I agree with Frank. You are the man.

Sounds like Lynne and Jerry (spelled it right this time) will be very pleased. Suggest you leave one or two tasks for them to do so they can bond with their unit early in the game.

Yet to accomplish is the Robin Williams field driving test. I am not sure if you should wait until the new owners are there to supervise the test or not. Perhaps they would like to do it themselves. In either case please take videos.

Number of sleeps to May 23: 6

Everyone have a great evening. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #1538

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wiring diag

Curtis,

I found this site and these www.winnebagoind.com/product-resoures/product-information

I have been going over this to learn a bit and hopefully this is what you need. You are amazing me with all you are doing. How do I ever pay this back?

Thank you seems like such a poor thing to say but I do thank you. Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring diag.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	94563  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wiring diaghram.pdf (164.8 KB, 12 views)
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #1539

Thanks for the Link Lynne. I had forgotten where I had seen that one before.( I got it in the EMail today too) I will pull the cover off the Load Center tomorrow and check the wiring. Looks like the connection, or maybe the breaker, to the 14-2 Purple line of on the fritz. The odd thing is it might explain why the front TV is on an extension cord from another outlet nearby.

I'm lethal with wiring diagrams!!!!!

Guys, I'm not doing anything ya'll wouldn't do. Really!
You do it if you could.

I just want to help Lynne and Jerry have a good first experience with the RV'ing Lifestyle we have come to love.

It's fun and I get to dissect a newer Motorcoach. You'd be surprised at all the new stuff I'm picking up to do to mine.

For you DIY'ers, just imagine that!

Oh, and you can bet I've looked at how that slide works too.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:21 AM   #1540

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone!! Coffee is tasting goooood today!!
Bap, glad you could get on, and we are keeping your thread going, for sure! Might be time to clean up some space on your old Laptop, sounds like it might be full! If you are not familiar with doing so, there are a lot of programs that you can run, to clean up space, get rid of broken files, and the such! I go thru my emails, and put the ones that I want to save in folders, and delete the rest! Do the same with the pictures! Believe me, it works!
Curtis, you are cracking (CLAC'ING) me up!! And yes, we all would be doing the same thing! CLAC'ERS all the way!! And, we definitely want video when Lynne and Jerry show up, and see their baby for the first time!!
You know, we need a smiley with a coffee cup!!?? Huh?? Moderator???
Everyone have a great day! Rail!