Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:47 AM   #1541

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning All,
Lynne, You will find out that a lot of us that like to tinker with things just love a challenge and really like to get their hands on something they have not had the opportunity to work on before. Especially those of us that are retired and like to have something to do.
Curtis, I know that many of us would do the same for Lynne if we could, but you are still doing a wonderful thing, and you are going to give Lynne and Jerry a really good first experience in the RV'ing world and a big jump start in their future.
Rail, I agree with you, and would love to see their expression when they first get to Curtis's and see what they just bought.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #1542

WOOOPS! Good Morning~!

Extension cord issue resolved! The Inverter has slid out of place and the breaker tripped. Reset the breaker and the rear 120V TV is working. Plan to replace the Velcro with some INDUSTRTAIL Stuff I've got to keep the Inverting in place.
Replaced the fuse UNDER the dash panel, (as in raise the dash, instrument panel, gauges and all) and the 12 volt dash outlet still isn't working. so It's got to be something else!

Going to resort to the manual to tell me what the switches on the drivers and passengers wall feed.

Two less things.

Oh and another box from Lynne came in the mail a minute ago and I haven't opened it yet.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #1543

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
I see I just scraped in under the noon deadline for morning. Not a slow day but slow to get to the computer.

Watering the flowers, fruit trees and asparagus. Has been really dry since the last snow we had. Nothing for moisture in the forecast for the next week. Trying to keep up with water on all of the different plantings we have is almost a full time job.

Have been eating aspargus for the last week. Janet makes some great asparagus pickels with a small pepper for heat.

Things are coming along quite slowly. Nights have been very cool with lows near the freezing point. There was frost on the roof this morning so likely some of the plants have a bit of frost nip. Need to get a good rain to break the bad weather.

Unfortunately if we get rain we get mosquitos. Had a short flush of them earlier but right now there are none.

Have a great day everyone.

Number of sleeps: 5

Old 05-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #1544

Lynne, the list is getting shorter along with the days.

Got that elusive 12 volt dash power outlet going again!
(Cigarette lighter outlet!)
Finnnnnneeeely found that fuse. Now you can run a GPS or charge your phone. And if we get a multiple outlet you can run all of them at once.

Oh and that got the electric mirrors working again. (I was tickled when they started working again. Even the mirror defrost works!!!!!
Two more things off the list! Or is that three???

I'll show you where all that fuse stuff is before you leave.

And You don't even have to get out of the drivers seat or use tools to get to them. Go figure!

That way should they ever quit on you guys, you'll know how and where the fuse is. (I'm thinking that fuse blew when they knocked off the right side mirror OFFT. ("OFFT as in Oh Brother Where Arte Thou!")

You are going to get an introduction to your new Adventure Toy like no Dealer has ever done! I bout got this baby down.

Still waiting on the Propane truck. If he doesn't show before Friday, I'll run down to the truck stop and get some.

Yea, I know, I said I was going to get some on the way home, but the weather looked bad and I had planned on getting propane the same time I got fuel for the motor. But it never needed any. (And round here, bad weather means Semis & Motorhomes napping on their sides in the middle of the highway!)

Well, got one more major item to address. Not sure if I can fix this without parts. But the Kwikee Levelers are next.

This is SO MUCH MORE FUN than swapping transmissions in my Coach!!!!

Cuz, I'm still clean!
Old 05-18-2015, 04:27 PM   #1545

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good afternoon.

Getting more items off the check list for the S&B. It's been great being able to work on things again thanks to modern chemistry. Getting antsy to sell now.

Curtis - WOW! Man you are really going at it. (Note to self, if you need something done call Curtis) I have something you might enjoy up around DFW next spring. Make sure your rig is prepped for a road trip.

See ya'll tomorrow, gotta get back at it.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #1546

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Journey to buying this coach

When we started this journey, we had a lot to learn. My husband was no where near as interested in this as I was. A patient told me about IRV2.com and I lurked. Then I joined because I had questions.

Slowly I began to learn. Then I had more questions. All through this my desire to start RVing grew. Then I met some of you on "Total Rebuild". Then "Good Morning".

Found a rig and put money down on it and shortly realized it was a mistake. Cancelled that purchase. Found another rig and under bid and someone else got that rig. I was frustrated and realized I was going about this all wrong.

So I talked with God. Should have started here. I asked Him to guide me in this journey. He knew what we needed, what we didn't. Told Him what I wanted to spend and asked that He direct me in the right direction. Course, I was dead set against buying out of state so I kept looking in state only. That wasn't working either. So I trusted and put in what brand I wanted. A Winnebago. Liked their floor plans.

This unit at PPL in Texas kept coming on my radar. I kept overlooking it. It kept coming across my radar. I kept looking up here or within 400 miles of home. Then Curtis kept coming on my radar. He lived close to PPL and I decided to ask him if he would go look at it for me. He did and my interest grew.

Called and talked with the salesman. He called the owner and then called me back with a price almost $3,000 less than what she was asking if she didn't have to fix anything. Curtis had said it was worth what she was asking as was.

So I spent the weekend thinking and asking God to help me with the decision. That if this was the wrong one to throw a wrench in it and if it was the right one help me with it so I could purchase this unit. Well, when I signed those papers I felt nothing but peace.

Then Curtis took him home. By the way, I am thinking about calling the MH Wess as of right now. Don't know why, just seems right. The way I look at it, God knew what Jerry and I are capable of and He knew Curtis wanted to have access to a newer MH to play with for a few days so He got us together. He knows Curtis's heart. He also knew for some reason that Curtis and Melissa and Jerry and I needed to meet. We don't know the why's yet, but "He" has a plan.

When I think about what Curtis has done with our MH, I am humbled and grateful. I know Jerry and I will learn with time spent with this rig. You are also right that as a first RVing experience, this one is priceless!

We are close right now. This week is going to be a long one. 5 more sleeps! A lifetime of friendship, a love of a lifestyle, and many many happy memories to come. I believe in paying it forward. Someday God will give me that opportunity.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #1547

Could not have been put any better beamisl. I truly believe that God has definitely had his hand in this venture....

Curtis you will always have my deepest respect for what you have done....you truly the epitome of a real Texas gentleman....
Old 05-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #1548
bap

well said LYNNE,,, i truley belive in every word you wrote,,,,,

and as far as CURTIS,,,, I DO BELIVE HE IS DOING WHAT ALOT OF US WOULD DO FOR LYNNNE...,,BUT HE IS THE ONE ACTUALLY DOING IT,,,SOOO MY HATS OFF TO SUCH A PERSON AS HE AND MELISA ARE.....
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE EXCITMENT IN LYNNE AND JERRY,S FACE WHEN THEY FINALLY LAY HANDS ON IT ,,,AND THE REALITY OF IT TRULEY BECOMES THERES...

WOULD BE AWSOME TO WATCH THAT IN PERSON....WE SHOULD ALL GO DOWN AND WATCH.....LOL,,
ANYWAY....EVERYONE HAVE A GREATFULLY BLESSED DAY.....
Old 05-19-2015, 06:44 AM   #1549

Retired Fire Service RVer's
bap,
Glad to see that you are back on line, we have missed you. And I do believe what you said is very true.
Lynne,
It has always been said that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and we agree that if it is meant to happen, it will, when it is time.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good morning, Gordon, good news on Janet, keep it up for sure! All this talk about pies and cakes I've gained 10lbs , and I haven't even ate any. Only 1 or 2 cups of coffee? wow I drink all day long, (coffee that is). Guys, with the pics and smart phone, I have my E Mail account on my phone and just email what pics I want to my computer and then download from there. Bobby good to hear you got rid of one headache.
Yeah Terry that headache is gone! Feel so much lighter. And I tried your suggestion with the phone pics, works beautiful! Thanks a lot, I was getting so frustrated having to delete a million duplicates! There has to be a program that can do that? Getting our yard straightened out after this lousy winter, have much more interest as I don't have to concern myself with the other property! Now I can concentrate on getting our 2 Dakota Convertible pickups painted, the 1990 has been in primer so long i'll have to reprep her but I don't mind, just want to see color on her so I can start on my other one! Going to your thread to see what you've been up to. Bobby
Old 05-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #1551

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bobby,

What color you going to paint your Dakotas? Glad the weather has straightened out and you don't mind the yard work if it means warm weather.

Take care Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #1552

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bobby, your welcome, not sure if that's how others do it that way but it worked for me. There was a Dakota convertible that ran around town up here, they are a neet truck for sure, and you have 2 .
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #1553

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - you wrote about your sentiments very well. It is gratifying to see the amount of effort Curtis is putting into this on your behalf. It makes one forget about the strife, turmoil and hatred going on in the world. Curtis restores our faith in the good in human nature.

Interesting day here. Sunny and warm. No rain predicted for the next week. Have not had moisture of any significance for close to a month.

Busy day. Off for an eye checkup. Dr suspected cataracts. Went to an optometrist she recommended and had a great time. Had the standard eye tests plus thickness of the cornea, pictures of the optic disc and a couple other tests. Great optometrist. He went through everything and showed me photos of eyes that had blood clots due to diabetes and some with macular degeneration. My eyes seem to be in really good shape. Just a slight hazing of the lens. Had the eye surgery years ago and the prescription would only be a couple points off of what I am currently seeing.

Then off to the mens wear store. My brother and sister in law are having their 40 anniversary and invited us out to dinner. All of my dress up clothes are in the coach so some new duds were the order of the day. Not sure what happened but able to purchase most of the clothing right off of the rack. Must of filled out some since I was younger. Now ready to dazzle them at the dinner. Thank goodness Janet came with me! Otherwise I would have gotten a set of clothes with boring colors.

Just checking the calendar.

Sleeps till departure: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Old 05-20-2015, 05:23 AM   #1554

Aw Shucks Guys! I'm not used to all this attention. No really!
I'm a, in the background, type personality.
My Son, the Pastor, is the UP Front One in the Family.
I don't know how to handle all this.
I'm just doing someone a favor because it's who I am.
And I know RV's, and Mechanical Stuff.
(BTY, My Son in London England now, Preaching to Members of the House of Lords) Yea I'm proud of him!

It's late here so I'll keep this short and not TOOT my horn anymore.
Gotta head to bed.

Thanks for the Kind Words Ya'll.

We got lucky last night. Another Tornado went by close.
Tore up some places North of us about 2 miles.

Only by the Grace of GOD we didn't get any of the Baseball size hail everyone else got. Lynne's Motorhome is in great shape! (Still) TG!

It's 5:15 in the Morning and I'm headed to bed.
Melissa was up most of it too with her storm spotter work.