Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:28 AM   #1555

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning!

Love Wednesdays and being able to sit and enjoy my coffee without driving into w--k. Is this what retirement is like? Peaceful mornings, calm timeframe, easy time. Oh my, I am gonna love this!

This is the sky outside my back window this AM. Love the patterns of clouds across the sky as the sun is coming up. Different every time. Beautiful!

Saw a bunny rabbit trying to find some corn around the bird feeders, then a movement caught my eye out in the field and saw a deer eating some of the grass back there. Nature sure is beautiful!

Hope you all have a good day and a good cup of coffee. Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Morning Sky.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	94727  

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2015, 07:03 AM   #1556
bap

goooodmorning gang,,,,lynne soon u will be watching wonderfull sunrises and sunsets from around bthe country,,,,
retirement is alot like that only way BUSIER THAN W--K,,,,,LOL...

im finding it easier to get online now for some reason,,,,it usually is during nsummer here,,,dunno why....

debbie nandn i nhave been very busy with renovating a 14x80 mobile home we have as a rental , and putting in the 3 acre garden...and then theres our grandsons ball games that he has 3 or 4 times a week,,that are an hour away.....
......im loosing signal now,,,,,so everyone have a great day and stay safe...

Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #1557

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
Happy that everything is good with your eyes.
Curtis,
They are getting closer to you, not a good sign. Hopefully that is as close as they get. We were beginning to get worried about you and Melissa, so Rita and I are relieved that you guys are good.
Lynne,
Yes this is what retirement life is like, When I opened the camper door this morning, 2 Geese where outside with their 6 goslings looking for food. There are also 6 ducks that come around. There is a little pond across the park road from us, woods all around the park, and then after a couple weeks, we get to move to new scenery and have a new view out the window. You can't ask for better.

Went to Fort Sumter yesterday. nice 1/2 hour boat ride out to the fort, an hour looking around the fort, then another 1/2 hour ride back, beautiful! Then went to a couple small distilleries to sample their wares, then stopped at a bar and grill/pizza place for a nice pizza for dinner. Another wonderful day.

Today is tour the Tea plantation, then a local winery and another distillery. Supposed to be a high chance of thunderstorms this afternoon, so a good day to be inside this afternoon, we will do the Tea plantation this morning. Love this touring the area without rushing around.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #1558

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

One of the things I loved most about my childhood was my Dad was a Boy Scout and we camped a lot. Tent camped and fished and walked the woods. We went all over the US. Don't remember all the places we visited because I was to young to remember all of them. I remember though the beauty and peace. I remember Dad teaching us about nature and trees and animals and how to respect all of them. t was such a great childhood.

That is part of why this lifestyle interests me so. I want to go see places I have never been. Take some time to relax and enjoy the beauty God put into this world. We're not far off now. Buying this MH takes us one step closer. Learning to use it another.

I am ready but will have to get through at least 25 to 31 more months at w--k. I am on a mission to be closer to the 25 than the 31.

Jeff,

Quite a few of my patient's have told me they are busier since retirement than they were when working. I believe it, but it is at your pace.

Have a great day all, Lynne
Old 05-20-2015, 08:57 AM   #1559

Winnebago Owners Club
Curtis - we pray that the storms will continue to go around you and Melissa. Also pray that any storms that do touch down don't hurt anyone.

"retirement is alot like that only way BUSIER THAN W--K,,,,,LOL.." IMO bap has hit the nail right on the head. We work just as hard if not harder than when we went to w**k, but we don't get paid. We get to pick the work we do but generally we end up doing stuff that we would not have to do at that other place. And we seem to do it happily. Could talk for hours about the stuff we will do when retired and why we do it but save that for a campfire.

Frank - went to Ft Sumter a few years ago while on a motorcycle tour with some friends from our motorcycle club. Was very impressed with the tour and restoration.

Sleeps to departure: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Have a grand day everyone. Off to the farm store to see if they have something I can till into the ground to get rid of some grubs. They keep nibbling on my potatoes and carrots so I end up throwing away about half of my crop.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #1560

Morning All, hope everyone is well! Got up early, watered everything. Waiting to get picked up to go to a friend of mines house to finish fixing some stuff to "Code" for the inspection of the violations he got. It simply amazes me that in this country when they built big beautiful Victorian houses in NYC back in the day, i'm sure the builders and buyers never invisioned a time when some bureaucrats would decide that you may not use your payed for , heated third floor of your house for living space! He is only allowed to use the space for storage??????????????? Ask the architect about making it legal with sprinklers and fire escapes and he said NO WAY can you make a 3 story home legal in NYC!!!!!!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaat! Yet they have brick, metal block apartment houses burning here. So much for private property rights. Then they have a house in Queens that was designated a historical site that is falling down, they want $600,000 for it but you can't change or fix anything to make it livable and the taxes are like $16000 a year, sign me up right away! NOT! oh well glad it's his house not mine, i'd be shooting someone! Bobby
Old 05-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #1561

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning

Curtis - Glad you guys are safe and all that bad weather is passing you by. Accept the accolades brother, you deserve them.

Lynne - Busier since I retired x3 than I ever was working. Upside is we pick and choose what, where & when. It shifts from being work to being fun most of the time. Just a few more days, we are so excited for you.

Bobby - NY, NJ & PA property taxes are confiscatory at best. Frankly I don't understand why there is not a revolt there. They tell you what you can and cant do and demand massive sums of money while doing it. Why on earth would any sane person live there? Seattle isn't much better. It didn't use to be that way here but in the 90's a massive migration of eastern state folks began and they peed in the pool here too. Beautiful state, a paradise honestly, but ruined by the newcomers. Where we are "moving" to we will pay $400/yr on 10 acres and anything we build other than a house requires no permits at all. OK, the electrical requires an inspection, but that is done by the power company when they hook you up to the grid.

OK, enough ranting. Have a great day everyone. Need to go work my punch list.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #1562

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon All,

Curtis, you guys using a boat down there yet? Do we need to bring water wings? I'm sure after the drought the rain is nice but I hear it has filled up there and ya'all are ready for some dry stuff now. Stay safe.

Picked up the license plate today, paid the taxes, got the title, and a park permit for MI. Yeeeehhhhaaaaawwwww! All packages should be there by tomorrow.

The house taxes here are ok. In city kind of crazy which is another reason I like country living. Not sure if I would ever want to live in the city again.

It got down to 35 last night. 60 today and then back up next week but still better than minus anything anytime.

Have a great one everyone, give a hug! Lynne
Old 05-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #1563

The nice thing about being full time, NO TAXES, do have income tax but it is not ridiculous, and watch your state of chosen residence for excise taxes and unrealistic yearly license fees. I pay approx. $120/yr in license fees combined for the truck and trailer. I know that we are not supposed to talk politics on here, sorry moderators, but I just have to say 1 thing and then I will drop it. The states like New York, New Jersey, California, etc. the people need to revolt and instead of a Boston Tea Party, Have a NO MORE POLITICIAN Party and throw all them in the bay. Again, sorry to the moderators and I won't bring it up again.
Frank
Frank
Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #1564

Lynne,
After a few weeks of sightseeing and being on vacation, it is nice to have a few weeks of normalcy and do something. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the retired life, but one does have to keep their mind and hands busy to stay sane. Projects are a must, even if they are small.
Frank
Old 05-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #1565

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

I agree about the politicians. Enough said. I have been so busy educating and w--king that I stopped my needlework and quilting. Think I will pick those back up when I retire or find new stuff to do.

I have redone some furniture and enjoy the process and finished product. I like to tinker with stuff too so who knows what I will do for sure. Whatever tickles my fancy.

I am ready for next week off I know that for sure. I always take the week of Memorial Day Holiday off because it is Jerry's and mine anniversary. So, while we are on the road coming home we will spend our 43rd anniversary together. We still like each other too.

I started recycling cards. Sounds a bit strange to some, but I was going through cards for various occasions and thought, these are perfectly good and we keep them and then our kids end up throwing them out after we die. Why not reuse them instead. So, on my BD this year they reused my cards. We all had a great laugh over it. We put the years on it to keep track of how many years we get out of them.

Just started this tis year so will see how it goes. Maybe I will start something with this, who knows.

Did some yard work today and the sun felt wonderful! I love summer! Have a great evening, Lynne
Old 05-20-2015, 08:39 PM   #1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Bobby,

What color you going to paint your Dakotas? Glad the weather has straightened out and you don't mind the yard work if it means warm weather.

Take care Lynne
They are both originally Black, the one that is in primer now Sally bought new . It was totalled minding it's own business parked 4 years ago. The old guy that did it also wacked a Infinity and a Cadillac that were parked behind me! Ad he flipped his Eclipse over on it's roof where he stayed hanging upside down by the seat belts, till we got him out. This all happened on a 4 lane road after he made an illegal right on red not 120 feet from our cars, he claimed the glare got in his eyes, but it was really the blare of the horns when he made the turn illegally and it scared him! Her truck never had a dent before that, his insurance offered $2400, I said not hardly and searched the internet finding 10 that were for sale from $4500-12000. Allstate wouldn't budge but glad Sally wouldn't listen to me as she had kept the Collision/Comp on it since new so our insurance gave us $7100 and let us keep the truck. Still insured with them but only for liability! Have new stripe kits and lots of nos parts for them both. Also bought another regular Dakota Pickup with a 8' bed and Fiberglass Cap , cut the cab off it and made a trailer to match the convertibles to haul my tools ,gas welder and gas compressor. Some day they'll be done then I want to pull up to the local car show pulling one of them with the other with the trailer hooked up, LOL! Bobby
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	168.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	94795   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010103.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	94796  

Name:	P1010110a.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	94797   Click image for larger version

Name:	161.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	399.9 KB
ID:	94798  

Old 05-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #1567

Looking good Bobby, keep at it and before you know it , it will be done.
Lynne,
Good idea, and congratulations on 43 years.
Frank
Old 05-21-2015, 04:16 AM   #1568

NO time to do a lot of quotes or make a long diatribe as is my habit.

We are being deluged by rain again as I type. Thinking I should have bought that deck boat the other day I saw in Cablella's.

Lightning everywhere. But so far no tornadoes like the other night.
Lakes are over flowing and getting serious. But since the Left Coasters have all moved in we'll need all of it so they can drown their grass this Summer rather than have enough to water to drink. I hear they are shipping drinking water in from Sacramento now. I thought SAC was in a drought!!!!!

Oh well. Had a good day yesterday with the youngest Grandson.
We ate at a Greek Restaurant for lunch. Picked up some new tires, or shoes as he calls them, for my big motorcycle. I'll post a picture of the bike later to show you how I get my scooter tires home.

Well the rain is moving out so I'm going to try and get some sleep.
Have a Great Thursday!

ps.
Lynne,
Melissa washed and dried the new sheets last night and I'll be making the bed later today. And putting in the new pillows too! We plan to have your new home ready to live in when you guys get here. But, I may have to park it out on the driveway. (NTW I've got a long driveway)
The rain has turned the grass parking to MUD! We'll work it out.

The time is 4:16 AM Goodnight and Goodmorning.