Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #15695

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Marvelous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msaffa33 View Post
Sharing where I liveAttachment 257026
Sure is nice in LA. That's "Lower Alabama". [emoji4]
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2019, 05:52 AM   #15696

msff33
You live on the BEACH ??
Old 08-16-2019, 06:06 AM   #15697

Good morning!

Woke at 6am here, lite showers on the roof. Stopping, then starting. However at 7:30 it got more serious. Steady rain here at the Meet and Greet.

Welcome everyone new! Great group of friends here. Everyone is having a wonderful time here in Freeport Maine. The first week is going by quickly.

Regarding the smoke detectors,,,,, I went with simple smoke detectors, not the combined smoke and ionization (sp?) detectors. Concern was exhaust fumes, from others in traffic, from our selves as my shore power electrical bay is in the rear along side the engine. Trying to avoid false alarms. There was lots of smoke from John's, should work. I started out thinking 10 year battery units, however reviews were poor, it seems many only last 3-6 months then the batteries die, andthey are not replaceable.

We had a fun time after returning from the ferry ride yesterday,,,,, fixed a tow bar for 2 ladies who are towing a smart car behind their coach, supervised Ron as we tried a solultion to seal his dip stick oil leak, and made another attempt at Rail's refrig,,, that is not working on gas. The refig still has us beat!

Tim, that boat looks great. Goes very well with your caddy. Have a great time at Joe's Dad's. Glad you are up and around and feeling good.

Electra, you have sooooo much going on. A busy man. The car sounds like it will be awesome when done.

Gordon, I agree if your not around when the detectors sound off they will not help. I always leave my electrical bay open unlocked when parked, hopefully someone would come along and help. But primarily I want to wake up and get out if it happens while sleeping. Patio stones sound like they are coming along. Got any pictures?

Enjoy your day all!

L.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:10 AM   #15698

Oh, I forgot..... Don & Mary, Terri. Pretty cool that you both have the same brand RV's. I have a freind who has the same as us, and we learn so much from each other.

Welcome to the group!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:13 AM   #15699

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Welcome to the group Don & Mary.
Terri,
Rita and I visited your area a few years ago, it is beautiful.
We are off to St Mary today, which is just outside of Glacier National Park. Short run today, about 100 miles.
Those at the M & G have fun and enjoy.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #15700

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Crappy day here. Quite chilly and a good stiff wind. Showers as well. May be a day to spend inside. Sounds like a good time to check the transfer switches as well as check the rest of the connections. Oil change scheduled but would like to move the coach outside and wash it when I start it.

No pictures. Never think about it but will try to get some. Posting pictures on IRV is a bit of a chore but Facebook is much easier so that is where they will likely go.

Currently a light shower. May have to turn the furnace on again!!

Happy to hear you are healing well Tim. Getting out for a couple weeks camping will be great. I assume you are taking the PA.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #15701

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
msff33
You live on the BEACH ??
Not right on the beach. Just a few miles away
msaffa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #15702

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Frank
I want to make the trip you and Rita are making now. I bet it is beautiful.

Popeye
I couldn't handle living right on the beach. Too much traffic. Plus they wouldn't let us park our motorhome in the driveway

Everyone
Have a wonderful day!!
msaffa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:12 PM   #15703

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terri,
Yes it has been beautiful, all kinds of wildlife and different types of terrain. Dont rush from one place to the next, keep travel distance short between stops so that you have time to stop when you come up on something interesting.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:56 AM   #15704

Good morning!

Rain expected here today, fog also. Overcast and cool at the moment.

We got the transfer switch replaced yesterday, took a couple hours. It was not a direct replacement, so we needed to move wires around etc.. He purchased the same unit that is in our coach, it appears to be a much heavier duty unit in comparison to the removed unit. After install put it through a recomended test scenario and all worked great. In a couple days we all should beable to standup correctly again! :-)

Other than working on repairs (transfer switch, Rail's fridge, John's battery shutoff, etc) didn't do much yesterday. Just hungout.

No plans for today, may just chill as forecast is not great.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:19 AM   #15705

Turns out just cloudy today.
rain should hold off till firepit time and overnight to Sunday 9am.
Stay tuned folks.
CLACers will be right back after these messages from our sponsor..............

Hope it's right this time........

(Ron got new steer tires yesterday too,,,, didn't cure the bounce though.
to be continued...)
Old 08-17-2019, 05:49 AM   #15706

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Turns out just cloudy today.
rain should hold off till firepit time and overnight to Sunday 9am.
Stay tuned folks.
CLACers will be right back after these messages from our sponsor..............

Hope it's right this time........

(Ron got new steer tires yesterday too,,,, didn't cure the bounce though.
to be continued...)
Bounce at those speeds screams tire balance issue. If tire change doesn’t cure it, wheels?
Old 08-17-2019, 06:35 AM   #15707

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Well, I debated calling a mobile repair to fix my fridge, so called one, 110.00 dollars just to come out, and diagnose for 30 min's, then 125.00 a hour after that! Now realize it is working fine on electric, just wont light on gas!
Terry and I already replaced everything from a old fridge that he had removed from one of his donors, control board, spark control unit, etc.
The first mobile mech. sounded like it was going to cost me more than I wanted to put in a 2008 fridge, after all, it is working on elect. and I can get by with that! Yes Mona is a 1996, and the PO had replaced the org. Norcold with this 2008 side by side Dometic Elite.
So we called another repair shop that was close,(Coastal RV Repair) and the parts lady, (Kim) said she had a used, but verified good, spark control unit, and would sell it to me for 25.00 dls.! So Popeye and I went and got that, and talked to their very knowledgeable repair person, (John), and he told me a lot of info on the older Dometic fridge's! It just affirmed that if this spark control unit did not fix mine that a residential fridge was in my future!
Remember, Terry and I had already replaced this already, but were not sure if it was good or not? So, I put it on when we got back to Mona, and the guys showed up, as I was putting the last wire on it, and I went inside to turn the fridge on gas, and WaaaaLaaaa, it fired right off!
So we had success and the fridge is back working on gas and electric!:cool :

A big thanks to Terry, for the help and the parts, and the rest of the guys for their help also, and their insight on this very perplexing issue!
Rail!
Old 08-17-2019, 06:38 AM   #15708

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Bounce at those speeds screams tire balance issue. If tire change doesn’t cure it, wheels?

Had steer tires balanced with Hunter machine while on vehicle. Told that right tire was not round. That is why I went ahead and replaced steer tires. Did help some but it still bounces at around 63. I know right hub is mis-shaped. I might go back by same shop on way home and have the same alignment shop look at the new tires.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote