Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2015, 05:18 AM   #1569

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Curtis,
Glad that you and Melissa are OK, other than being waterlogged. 2 more weeks and I get to see my youngest grandson.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2015, 07:53 AM   #1570

Winnebago Owners Club
Just 2 more sleeps until Lynne and Jerry are on their way.

Curtis - possible upgrade you could discuss with Lynne and Jerry. The LSX POWERED Ring Brothers 1972 Winnebago Is BADASS! - Speed Society

Hope all is going well for everyone. We still need rain but the warm weather and sunshine are welcome.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:01 AM   #1571

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Just 2 more sleeps until Lynne and Jerry are on their way.

Curtis - possible upgrade you could discuss with Lynne and Jerry. The LSX POWERED Ring Brothers 1972 Winnebago Is BADASS! - Speed Society

Hope all is going well for everyone. We still need rain but the warm weather and sunshine are welcome.
Curtis - can you get that motor in before they get there?
Keep dry brother.

Gordon - Did you notice the dash and much of the cab area is trimmed out like a 60's Chev PU? Pretty cool.

Have a great day
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #1572

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Jay;
I saw the interior shots and thought those guys just had fun putting the unit together. It would make a great tailgate party bus. Hook up a smoker to the back and just giv'er.

It would be really enjoyable to put something like that together.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #1573

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Uh Guys,

I think the MH is just fine without any of that stuff on it. No thank you! I gave Curtis free reign to play and he has and found some things he wants to do to his. Ya all just wish you were down there playing with him and so do I. Just think what all of us together could come up with to do to our MH's. Oh it could be so bad! Or good!

Curtis, Please thank Melissa for taking care of the sheets. I don't like sleeping on them unless they are washed, but figured I could do it for once. It was very kind of her. Wish there was time for you two to use it for a get away.

We are planning two different routes home in case we need to detour to WV if Mike passes. Did you know that Camping World is open on Monday? Do these people not know it is a holiday?

I know you have been hit with a lot of rain but Jerry and I won't melt. Just looking forward to meeting you and Melissa and seeing our MH. I am starting to get excited and still trying to control it but it is 2 sleeps. EEEEEE!!!

You all have a great night! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #1574

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes only 2 sleeps. I can feel the excitement from here.

I expect if we were all there it would likely be bad, but in a good way. I am fully confident that what you have will be more than sufficient for a while. However I am of the opinion that as humans we are always looking for ways to improve our living conditions. I imagine that within a year or two Jerry and yourself will have ideas of changes to make your enjoyment of the WGO even better.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #1575

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

Even before I bought the MH I decided the carpet needed to go. It is not at the top of the list, but it is on the list. Curtis said they spilt coffee or cocoa on it and it is 11 yrs old so needs to go.

Once Jerry and I see it and spend some time in it we will decide what to do with it. Curtis said it needs a new control board for the levelers so that is at the top of that list. OH, and fill the gas tank.

Otherwise, 2 more sleeps. Pulled the suitcases out but have not packed yet. Sat morn is time enough. We don't land until 10pm Sat evening so there won't be pics until Sun sometime. Will definitely keep you all informed though.

The fun is soon to begin.
Other things to check off the list.

Got the license plate Y

Good night all, Lynne
Old 05-21-2015, 09:35 PM   #1576

Gulf Streamers Club
This is going to be one of the most exciting anticipated MH arrivals in the history of IRV2.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:44 PM   #1577

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, I can feel the excitement clear over here in Thailand! 2 more "try to sleep" nights! Lynne, don't forget to pack your clothes! Hahahaha!!!
Gordon, that 900 hp Winny is truly a work of art! My first MH was a 1974 24' Shasta class A, on a p-30 with a 454 in it! Weighed around 9000 lbs! That old girl had a lot of get up and go! It had a performance cam, headers, and sitting at a stoplight, got a lot of looks! It would chirp the tires when shifting to second gear. Had a turbo 400 with a shift kit! Dang, I wish I would have never sold it! I really wanted to finish it off, performance wise, but my DW at the time put a stop to that! We used it for camping, and did so year round, just had to make sure your butt did not touch the wall when sleeping when it was freezing out! Being only 24' long, it heated and cooled very well, even though it did not have much insulation! The guy I bought it from, did a lot of the interior stuff before I got it, and I finished the bath, fixed some leaks,, and the rest of performance and the driveline stuff, to make it reliable! It would hump up when you gassed on it, and would set you back in the seat! The motor was pre-smog, so stock it ran good, and after some upgrades, man, it sounded good!!
It would have been a fun one to get down to Curtis's, and all of us cut loose on it! Give that whinny a run for their money! Rail!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:19 AM   #1578

That old Winnie brought back memories of my Old 68 Chevy Van I made a Hot Rod out of. You remember those! They had the driver seated over the front wheels.

I was racing cars at the time and needed somewhere cheap to sleep when at the track. Mainly because the Race Car ate up all my Motel Money.

Anyway, It had a six banger in it when I got it and was barely up to the job. So after I outfitted the interior with a sleeping couch, fridge, and cabinets it became necessary to bump up the power.

So I had this old Corvette 327 motor (with 2-4 barrel 600 CFM HOlley's) I had just rebuilt for my BIL just sitting on the pallet. (He ran out of money after I went through it, so I bought it off him.

Then I had a 2 speed Powerglide laying there from another racing venture and I thought "WHY NOT?"

Wish I had pictures of it to show, but my EX burned all my memorabilia I had when we split, with the exception of the few pictures I had in the glove box of my Daily Driver!

It was a fun ride! I think that mouse motor was putting out something like 600 HP. Yea, it took a while to find a rearend that would hold up to that Motor.

Anyway, we are really soggy here and they are predicting more water.

Melissa is hoping you aren't too tired from your flight to get up in the morning. We're having a Pot Luck after Church you guys might enjoy. All folks our age and like personalities.

Oh and before I forget. the Bed is made, and pillows got here. I left the other items boxed up so you wouldn't feel like you didn't have something to do when you get up to do your "Nesting Thing"!

Not sure about Camping World. I have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to them. They are about 25 miles North of Us.

Wally World has just about anything you'll need for you trip other than the controller parts. And we've got 2 WM Super Centers within 10 miles of us. And that's "Country Highway Miles". 2 stop lights from my house to the closest one. Then there's one around the corner from Church we can hit easy after lunch on the way home.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:02 AM   #1579

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree with ron. This will be the most anticipated MH delivery on the forum.

Curtis I had a Chevy van with the 400. Kept it pretty much stock except for a set of headers. Put on some fender flairs and fixed up the inside with a propane furnace, bed, sink and ice box. Had it insulated with spray foam and it was a great thing to use for camping and skiing. Pictures are somewhere in my stuff so just about as lost as having them burned. Someday I may go through all of the boxes and find lots of old memories but at the moment I am still busy making memories.

Rail - perhaps when you retire you could go through the same procedure as Lynne and Jerry to acquire a MH.

Sleeps to departure: 1 night but probably very little sleep. Thats OK you can sleep on the plane.

Lynne and Jerry - Looking forward to pictures but make sure you take the time to enjoy the experience of relaxing in your new coach before you log in to bring us up to date. Have a safe trip.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #1580

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Guys,

YEAH, I do not w--k for the next 9 days, count them, 9 days!! Wahooooooo!!!!

I have no problem sleeping and am still controlling the excitement although it is getting harder and I can sleep anywhere. Always have been able to do so. Sleep best when it is raining.

Beautiful day out today, 68 on the way home. Sun shining and just a slow breeze.
Curtis, tell Melissa we should be fine getting up in the morning to go to church. What time does it start and what time do we need to be ready to go? The meal sounds like fun and I like meeting new people and hearing about their lives.

We have my DH's tablet connected to my phone so will have internet access so will get pics asap for you all because I know you are all anxious for us too. Plan to connect my laptop tonight. I appreciate all of you so much. You have been great friends and support through this process.

Will meet Curtis and Melissa tomorrow, Frank and Rita in Sept, and hopefully each of you sometime in the near future. Meanwhile, we have a lot to learn but I intend to have fun doing it.

OK, time to eat and then pack. Look for pictures tomorrow late or early next am.
Lynne
Old 05-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #1581

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lynne, have fun, waiting for your pics take care have a great trip.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:55 PM   #1582

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lynne , I think this will be remembered by you and Jerry as a fine Anniversary Gift to each other! Godspeed on your new Adventure and Happy Anniversary to both of you! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote