RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #15919

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Woke to - - - - rain!!! Going to be another slow day. Too wet to take the coach out to wash. May spend some time checking for loose electrical connections.

New batteries will work well. Sure seems like they do not last very long. Ours are 5 years old and I notice they do not seem to last as long as they used to. We are always plugged in and when not either the engine is running or auto start on the generator is enabled.

Just had a great conversation with Lloyd. Motivated to get out there and check out our fuses to see if there is any issues with them.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #15920

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's cooler here today. Only 90 degree

Ron safe travels.

Ann so glad you found just what you needed. It just happens that way sometimes

Lynne your stripes look awesome. Miss May looks like she is ready to go. Have fun enjoy the family time and safe travels

msaffa33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #15921

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Safe travels Lynne, have a great time visiting with your family. I agree with Ann, dont beat yourself up, what you did is fantastic.
Ron,
Glad you got your house batteries changed, I have to do mine when we get back to Yuma.
Lloyd,
Glad that you got the yard in. Can't wait to see you guys in Yuma.
Gordon,
Sorry that you got more rain. We did too yesterday, just enough to ruin my wash job. Can't wait to see you guys in Yuma too.

We are on Redding, Ca. Just came back from the sundial bridge, and the Shasta lake dam, it is the 2nd biggest dam in the US behind the Grand Coulee Dam. Heading to Reno tomorrow.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #15922

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Safe travels Lynne, have a great time visiting with your family. I agree with Ann, dont beat yourself up, what you did is fantastic.
Ron,
Glad you got your house batteries changed, I have to do mine when we get back to Yuma.
Lloyd,
Glad that you got the yard in. Can't wait to see you guys in Yuma.
Gordon,
Sorry that you got more rain. We did too yesterday, just enough to ruin my wash job. Can't wait to see you guys in Yuma too.

We are on Redding, Ca. Just came back from the sundial bridge, and the Shasta lake dam, it is the 2nd biggest dam in the US behind the Grand Coulee Dam. Heading to Reno tomorrow.
Frank
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself on the coast probably not enough time but it's not going anywhere as of yet. We were in Redding just a few weeks ago when we picked up my new toy that you already know about but others do not The family and I drove to Redding to finalize a deal on a 1958 Mercury Commuter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69208016_10218006016975567_7091245873350311936_n.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	259881   Click image for larger version

Name:	69228480_10218006017175572_8681978696090779648_n.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	259882  

Name:	69430931_10218006017455579_7135848799481626624_n.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	259883   Click image for larger version

Name:	69941621_10218006017895590_7778272956597141504_n.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	259884  

Old 09-10-2019, 08:25 PM   #15923
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, what a cool Mercury! I doubt there's very many of those wagons around!
Lloyd, we lucked up on getting the road and campsites base stone in before mud. The rain has passed by narrowly several times. As of today, we have hauled in (if my math is correct).....3,080,000 lbs, or 1,540 tons of rock...and we're not done yet. We are hoping to be ready for grass seeding by next week. Cutting it close, (no pun) we'll see.
Gordon, sorry your activities are hampered by rain it seems daily. About time you had a break!
Ron, safe travels on the last leg towards home.
Lynne same to you...have a great time at the family reunion.
Stan, how did your checkup go?
Take care all.....

Name:	20190909_123743_Richtone(HDR).jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	259916
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #15924

Gulf Streamers Club
Good evening everyone. Visiting with my sister and we had a much needed shower. Rained 1 inch in the first 15 minutes, then slowed and got a total of 2 inches in an hour. Really cooled everything off. Going to be a hundred degrees here this week. Miss those cool temps in Maine already.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:20 PM   #15925

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
WD, cool that things are going well for you and your CG! This is a copy from my Facebook post,

"Saw the Dr. that took care of my prostate cancer, and my PSA # is still 0.0! So good news!
CT scan results were good also. The size of the tumors has decreased by 2/3'rds. So we decided to see what they do in the next 3 to 6 months with blood tests. As this CLL form of cancer is a very slow growing, so it may be many many years before action is needed again if at all!
Also, the CT scan showed everything else inside of me is good or as they say in the report, (unremarkable)!
So, now getting the second IV bag of fluid, to flush the poison from the CT scan that they injected in me, then back to our room for the night, and fly up to Lampang tomorrow! Yeah! Back home!"

Now you know the rest of the story! Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #15926
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Fantastic news Stan, very glad to hear it!
Old 09-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #15927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Fantastic news Stan, very glad to hear it!
Ditto: good news is always welcome.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:00 AM   #15928

Good morning!!!

Octanefan, what a cool car! Got to play Alan Jackson's crazy about a Mercury in that baby! What motor does it have?

Frank, safe travels. Enjoy Reno. You know you will be near Don and Patty. They live in the area.

Electra, oh my that is a lot of gravel!!!!! A big investment. Your making great progress. Hope you have great weather to get the grass in.

I think I mentioned this back in April, on the way home from Moab while cruising along suddenly we lost power to the dash. Instruments died, info center computer went blank, cruise control stopped etc. Coach was still operable. Called FL support and they suggested a power reset via shutting off the chassis batteries, which cleared the problem. Over 4,000 miles later, driving in Vermont and it reoccured. Pulled in rest area, did chassis battery power reset and all good. This week dropped it off at the Gaffney Freight Liner Factory Service shop (we are lucky only 30 miles away) and they found corrosion around the fuse in the front pannel marked I/P (instrument panel). This bad connection resulted in low voltage to the panel. Computers don't care for low voltage. Tech suggested keeping a eye on those, and periodicaly removing and cleaning them as it is a common problem. Sharing incase others find the same.

The fuse is located in the pannel located in drivers side front basement compartment.

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:35 AM   #15929

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Remembering 9/11 today and all those who were killed and those who searched for them and the many of those who have died since then. R.I.P.

Stan, great news! Just keep doing what you are doing and fight. Looking forward to next year's M&G and seeing you & Jira then.

Frank and Ann, I am not concerned about the way the stripes look because they look 90% better than they did. I am happy with 90%. It's also difficult painting outside where the wind and sun effect what you are doing. It looks so much better than it did and that is why I started it in the first place. Just going to touch up a few spots and then wax. The red is very striking!

Gordon and I talked prior to us leaving Yuma and he said that the red stripe on the passenger's side, I needed to paint the refrigerator vent so it looked right. I did that and he was right. It looks better.

Sunny day today but I need to shop for things to take to reunion. My sister-in-law's gallbladder decided to go kaput and they are removing it TODAY. This means they will be a few days late getting to the reunion. This is the Brother who we are surprising with our Sister being there. Probably arrive Sunday or Monday depending on how she is doing. Still enough time to surprise him and spend time together.

Hope all are doing well today. Take care Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:07 AM   #15930

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Rained again this morning but today is a turn around. Getting warmer tomorrow and the outlook is for good weather for a while.

Octanfam - lovely car. Looks to be in prime condition. Don't see many around and from my recollection the first one I have seen even in pictures for many years. Been to several car shows and nothing like this. Will you be adding a retro trailer?

Bill - Work is happening at a great pace it appears. Are you going to sow the grass seed or hydroseed? From the picture the ground seems to be well contoured. That is a lot of gravel.

Chasing a small electrical gremlin in the coach. Occasionally the water pump triggers the awning sensor and retracts the awning. Not consistent but it seems to be related. Considering running a separate power feed to the pump or as Lloyd suggested to the awning. Part of the days agenda to identify and come up with the easiest to do. Finding the awning controllers is the first task. There is a clicking in the cabinet the switches are housed so that is my first place to look.

Enjoy your family reunion Lynne.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #15931
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi everyone,
Gordon, I have my heart set on hydoseeding, we'll see what the cost is.
Regarding the awning control modules...on my Ellipse they are mounted to the ceiling of the double bay (with big pullout tray) on curb side. I would guess yours is the same. At least I think that's what's mounted there, might have to check to be sure!
Rain today and likely tomorrow, work on hold for the moment.
Have a great day all.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #15932

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Hi everyone,
Gordon, I have my heart set on hydoseeding, we'll see what the cost is.
Regarding the awning control modules...on my Ellipse they are mounted to the ceiling of the double bay (with big pullout tray) on curb side. I would guess yours is the same. At least I think that's what's mounted there, might have to check to be sure!
Rain today and likely tomorrow, work on hold for the moment.
Have a great day all.
Thanks Bill;
I checked the bay last night after Lloyd and I spoke about it. Found the slide controller and a heat exchanger for the aquahot but nothing beyond that.

Hydro seeding is the quickest for sure but I am not sure it is worth the extra cost. Have to be careful as any traffic across it disturbs the seal.

I think the most effective is mechanical sowing with a seed drill rather than broadcast. If you have a seed drill you could do it yourself by mixing grass seed and fertilizer. Rows might be a bit far apart but you can go over it several times. May check with a local golf course as they may have a grass drill you could use. I generally broadcast and cover my seed with grass clippings but that is for small areas and it works really well. I over seed every couple years by broadcasting from a fertilizer spreader with a mixture of 50/50. First application I would use more grass seed than fertilizer. Grass seed is fairly inexpensive. I use certified Creeping Red Fescue but a general non certified mixture would be OK. The growing weeds give the grass shade and cover and later you can spray to kill the weeds. Normally Red Fescue will choke out the rest eventually and is a really nice grass.

Now off to look for controllers.