Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #1583

Curtis , I hope the weather gets better for you down there soon! I am amazed that in the "Greatest Country in the World" that all our government can do is take from us all and with all the money WE spend that no one can do anything good for the citizens! With all the droughts and floods and forest fires it seems that they could find a way to build a pipeline next to the railroads and or interstates to move it around to help everyone, putting many to work! I laughed when I found out in NY the DEC and EPA wants people with woodburning fireplaces and outside boilers to replace them with new "approved" ones due to CO2 emmissions, yet uncontrolled fires burn all over the country! Environmentalists want to save the natural forests but won't allow fire roads to be put in to save them! We once were great and could be again, they built the Empire State Building in like what 18 months start to finish, now it takes years to build anything! They will fine a citizen out of existance for violating their rules, but like here in Long Island, NY when the antiquated sewer system gets overloaded, they just dump it in the ocean and tell us not to swim at the beaches! Sure the DEC and EPA fines the county, but who do you think pays for it. Just sad that no one can get anything done without extorting the PEOPLE! Bobby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #1584

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Have a safe trip and enjoy, we are all very happy for you and Jerry.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 PM   #1585

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lynne, have a great flight! We are all as excited as you are!
Curtis, I also had two old chevy vans! 1-1965, 6 cyl. 3 on the tree! 1- 1968, same but the first was a 230cu. in. second was a 250cu. in!
The first got the V-8 swap, and it was a corvette 327 also, single 4, headers, and mine had the power glide also! The first was a short wheelbase and the drive shaft was only about 1' long! I put a 4:11 12 bolt in mine, and it was hard to keep the front wheels on the ground! Had to cut the side of the motor hump out to make room for the headers, and change the plugs! Fab'd up some cool box's to bolt on, that were sealed up tight! What a trip it was to drive around! I drove those old vans all over the country before the V/8 swap, after, just a fun weekend driver! I also drag raced back in the day, and loved it! My car of choice back then were the first gen. Camaro's, my favorite was a 1968 with a LB block 427, 4 speed! Well time to go shopping, the DW is ready, everyone have a great day!!
Rail!
Old 05-23-2015, 06:04 AM   #1586

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee and tomorrow morning I will enjoy my first cup of coffee in my MH. Sun is out, birds singing, and relaxing while I check the forum.

Jerry printed the tickets last night and was informed that they overbooked the 2nd leg of our journey. We fly to Chicago and then to Dallas Fort Worth. Offers free flights if you can travel another day. Why do they do this. X amount of seats and don't sell more than that. We have a 2 1/2 hour delay in Chicago ad hopefully we can get this worked out. I do NOT want to think about the alternatives.

Otherwise, looking forward to a week of not w--kng. Spending time with my hubby and seeing our MH.

Rail, I would suggest if you buy site unseen again here and then fly over you have Curtis check it out for you.

Hope you all have a great day, I plan to. Now for more coffee. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #1587

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lynne, tell the airlines you have set in stone plans, and they can give the free flight to someone else! Simple as that! Or, you could give us all their # and we all at IRV2 can call them and convince them!
When I bought my MH in Glendale, Az. and I was over here (in Thailand ), I had a good friend go check it out, so it was not totally blind! And I knew what to expect when I got there! The dealer had it plugged in, water tank filled, gas tank filled, Propane was half a tank, fridge was ice cold, the MH was freshly detailed inside and out! Now that's service, for sure! He had his mechanic go thru the coach with me, making sure everything was working as it should! And explained how every thing worked! The oil was freshly changed in the motor and the generator! The tires and the air bags had been checked for the right pressure's! They earned my trust, and have the MH now on consignment for me!
I was very lucky, and I did a good job of finding the right coach for us for our trip, and the PO was very meticulous in his maintenance, and already had everything fixed that needed done, it needed nothing! I put new thermostats on the water heater, a couple of bolts in the front hood, on our trip, and the trip went very smoothly!
Yes, I would say Curtis and Melissa are the nicest people on this planet! What they have done for you and Jerry is beyond just being nice, they are truly friends! It is truly amazing how close we have all become, just from the IRV2 forums, but I think "like people" gravitate to each other, and it is spooky how alike we all really are! That said, enjoy! And we want Video!!
Rail!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:22 AM   #1588

Just talked to Lynne on the phone making final plans and contingencies.
It's going to be wet here when she lands! 100% change of storms and rain.

Rail my van was a 108 inch wheelbase (the long version) and I had a heck of a time keeping the front wheels on the ground with it too. Ended up with a 9 1/2 Ford
rearend under it.
It worked, and it was left over from my short lived career in Drag Racing. I am a Sport Car Road Race Driver. Or was! I like right turns as much as left ones!
Would light up the tires with the loaded trailer behind it.

Not sure how many pictures we are going to be able to take with the use of Umbrellas in the dark, but we'll try.

Another late night in the shop and haven't eaten breakfast yet. SO I'll stop here.

Stay Tuned

Tha, Tha, That's All FOLKS!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #1589

Curtis,
The rain might be an inconvenience, but the smiles on Lynne and Jerry's faces will brighten up the entire area.
We went to downtown Charleston in the historic district yesterday, walked around, went through the old city market and enjoyed a wonderful day, it was about 78* with a 10 mph breeze, so beautiful walking weather. Enjoyed all the historic architecture, Sure wish the new people that design these monstrosities of buildings, would take an example of what they did back in the 17 and 1800's. The old style with the adding of modern day technology would make a beautiful, fully functional building.
Well enough of that, today off to the winery/distillery on one of the islands, they are having a cookout with a band it is a beautiful day to sit out and enjoy.
Have a wonderful day all,
And since this is Memorial weekend, THANK YOU to all the veterans and those serving our country today.
Frank
Frank
Old 05-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #1590

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

WOW! Travel day has finally arrived for Lynne & Jerry!!

I had a heck of a time going to sleep last night. Lynne was probably awake having coffee before I got to sleep given the time shift. Anyway, I'm excited for you and Patty & I both are a wee bit jealous too, but in a good way.

Wishing you a safe journey and for a wonderful experience in your new rig.

Good thing Curtis got all the outside prep & inspections done before you get there since it's raining cats & dogs.

Well, gotta go get some stuff done before we head to the cemetery to put some flags on the fallen.

Take care all
Zooommmmmmmmm
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:49 PM   #1591

Lynne and Jerry are officially Half way here on their flight from Chicago to Dallas. I'll be headed out to fetch them shortly.

Tought you'd like to know.

Oh and it's still raining. Been going on almost all day!
And We've got more bad ones coming in.

Can you believe it?
Tornado's in San Antonio.
#2 Son and Wife are in the path of one now.

Ya'll stay tuned, we're gonna give them a real Texas Tornado Welcome!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #1592

Be Safe Curtis, hope the weather straightens out soon for you guys! You have been a great friend to Lynne and Jerry and a inspiration for the type of person i'd like to be! Bobby
Old 05-24-2015, 12:22 AM   #1593

Got em.
They are in the Motor Home now and getting ready for bed.
Raining, so no pictures to post yet.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:42 AM   #1594

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Way to go, Curtis!! You are my Hero!! Rail!
Old 05-24-2015, 06:33 AM   #1595

Wahooooo! Can't wait to hear what Lynne has to say, would have loved to see the expression on their faces. Also knowing that Curtis and Melissa got the biggest huggggsssss ever.
Frank
Old 05-24-2015, 06:44 AM   #1596

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Well, I like it. It's funny how pictures don't quite give you an accurate view of things. I like the material on the furniture better than I thought. Couch is comfortable, bed is comfortable, yea, right choice. Carpet has to go.

Curtis and Melissa were very welcoming and I look forward to today and some of tomorrow with them. It is WET here though. Will see the outside today although I expect it will be wet, wet, wet.

Well, I am going to make a cup of coffee. Will be back on later. Pictures too even if they are wet.

Have a great day guys, we will. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote