Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #15961

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
WD,
Park looks like it is coming along nicely.
Gordon,
Hope that you solved you problem. It sounds logical that a loose connection would do that.
Lloyd,
Sounds like you are getting Rubi ready for some serious jeeping.
We are heading out for some siteseeing, then a couple brewskis and some food.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #15962

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Evening all,
Gordon, many thanks for the heads up about the water pump breaker connections. I'll make a note of that and check it out.
Thank you Frank & Lloyd, I have a great crew here who knows their stuff and cares about the project. I've been pretty lucky with weather as my window for work is getting smaller, we're getting there. I believe we have eclipsed 3,000 tons of stone! That's 6 million plus pounds.
Monday my fence guy is beginning work at the farm. I'm installing 5 wire high tensile electric. Black wood posts with white wire. Should look nice.
Everyone have a great rest of your Saturday!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:26 PM   #15963

Getting things fixed.

HiLo was manufactured in Butler,OHio. When the last recession came in they closed up shop. They had been in business since the 60s. Two of the workers set up a repair shop in Mount Vernon,Ohio. It has been very sucessful as they are good and honest with repairs and advice. On our last HiLo DH changed the seals between the top and bottom. We were unable to lift the top off around the refrigerator. It still let in lots of dirt as some of the walls were warped. The repair place uses a fork lift to seperate the halves. Don't have one of these in our tool box!! Replacing the seals takes two days. Then some other misc. repairs. Nothing but rave reviews on their work. DH says he still would have bought this trailer even though it was not in as pristine condition as the owner made it out to be. DH is 73,74 in Dec. Hoping we can camp for at least another ten years. My heating..AC guy finaly called me back and stopped over to see our job. My concrete contractor gave me a tenative date this wednesday to start leveling out the yard for our new bigger patio. Our fence guys worked Thursday in the rain and are now finished with fence demo. Probably won't get the fence panels for another month as he ordered tan panels instead of white. He blames the secretary at the fence co. He didn't have to swallow the three thousand dollar mistake. The AC guy has to drain our centralAC unit and move it in the yard. Only charging us $200.00 which is nice with our senior citizen discount. Not bad for two service calls and reinstallment. Wow can;t believe friday is going to be 80* Great camping weather. Hoping DH can get some of our outdoor to do list done as summer has returned for another week. Take care all Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:49 AM   #15964

Good morning thankful for the quick free advise.
Rambel on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:18 AM   #15965

Good morning all!

Electra, that is a lot of gravel. About $400 a 20 ton load here in our area.

Frank, enjoy the traveling. That is a great area you are in. Lots to see. Do you suspect trailer has a alignment issue causing the odd trailer tire wear?

Tim, you out there? How are you feeling?

Anne, you are busy! Lots of projects!

Made it to 89* here yesterday. Almost 10* cooler from previous days. Over cast this am, supposed to clear later in the day.

Rubi's cargo area organizer is coming along. Will post some pictures in the future. Purchased a skill saw blade that's for cutting aluminuim. Cuts the diamond plate like butter. And my Harbor Freight metal brake is getting the job done.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-15-2019, 07:12 AM   #15966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning all!

Electra, that is a lot of gravel. About $400 a 20 ton load here in our area.

Frank, enjoy the traveling. That is a great area you are in. Lots to see. Do you suspect trailer has a alignment issue causing the odd trailer tire wear?

Tim, you out there? How are you feeling?

Anne, you are busy! Lots of projects!

Made it to 89* here yesterday. Almost 10* cooler from previous days. Over cast this am, supposed to clear later in the day.

Rubi's cargo area organizer is coming along. Will post some pictures in the future. Purchased a skill saw blade that's for cutting aluminuim. Cuts the diamond plate like butter. And my Harbor Freight metal brake is getting the job done.

Have a great day all!
Lloyd I hope you meant $40.00 yard, $400.00 ten yard load. In 1997 I could buy sand and gravel mix, remix, for concrete for $25.00 a ton in Wylie but in Clarksdale AZ it was $4.00 per yard at the mine. Here at Thereabouts I’ve paid $140.00 ten yard load for select fill to $375.00 per truck load of remix. I’ve always been told to figure a ten yard load will cover 10’ X 50’ X 4”. I’ve got about 300 yards under the slab here of select fill. Select fill here is a mix of sand and clay that you don’t have to compact before placing concrete. I’ve used yard and ton, they’re close enough that most trucking companies do so. They buy by the ton at the mines, sell by the yard, hmmmmmmmmm

Summer is here forever it seems this year.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:44 AM   #15967

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lloyd,
I don't think it is an alignment problem, the tire had one spot on the outside third that wore different than the rest of the tire, Bias ply tires with over 20,000 miles on them, so I'm not unhappy. Have a set of aluminum rims that I picked up in Sante Fe off an Air Stream.trailer. Was planning on a new set of tires this winter anyways.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #15968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Lloyd I hope you meant $40.00 yard, $400.00 ten yard load. In 1997 I could buy sand and gravel mix, remix, for concrete for $25.00 a ton in Wylie but in Clarksdale AZ it was $4.00 per yard at the mine. Here at Thereabouts I’ve paid $140.00 ten yard load for select fill to $375.00 per truck load of remix. I’ve always been told to figure a ten yard load will cover 10’ X 50’ X 4”. I’ve got about 300 yards under the slab here of select fill. Select fill here is a mix of sand and clay that you don’t have to compact before placing concrete. I’ve used yard and ton, they’re close enough that most trucking companies do so. They buy by the ton at the mines, sell by the yard, hmmmmmmmmm

Summer is here forever it seems this year.
Wow!! I misread that! It’s cheaper there than here
Old 09-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #15969

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Cooler here but going to be a nice day. Sun is out but we can feel fall in the air. Geese are starting to flock up.

Bike ride to motorcycle club breakfast. Great to get out on the bike.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #15970

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, I was out on the bikes yesterday.......... rode 50' from one shop to another, pulled the batteries and covered them up for the winter )-;
Old 09-15-2019, 06:53 PM   #15971

Long ride there Terry!!! LOL!

Nope, they sell by the ton, most of the loads they bring me are in the 20,000 to 21,000 range. Right about $400. They give you the scale slip with the load.

Frank, that is odd. Glad it is nothing serious.

Jeep cargo area organizer is coming together. Time consuming, complicated cuts and bends, lots of curves in the back of the Jeep, obstructions (roll cage etc).. Coupled with expensive material that I don't want to waste. Going to be nice when done.

We have cooler weather coming Wednesday. Temps expected in the 70's as highs.

Have a great evening!

L.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #15972

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like a neat project Lloyd, don't forget pics![emoji6]
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:57 AM   #15973

Repairs

I kinda annoy DH with my to do list. Neither one of us is lazy. Some items are a one time deal. Then when we got another RV the mods/repairs were tacked on even more. Projects at home, church and the neighbor.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:44 AM   #15974

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Ride yesterday was fun. Good group at the breakfast.

Today is lawn mowing. Second last cutting. Next time will be with the bagger. Lots of leaves starting to come down.

Terry I can see the next project will be a larger trailer. Jeep, rock crawler and two bikes to haul to Yuma.

Lloyd - am looking forward to seeing the improvements to the Jeep.

Trying to remember the cost of gravel we put in the shed. This is from memory but I believe we paid around 800 for 20 tonnes. We put 120 tonnes in the shed. There is about 15" of gravel in there. The idea was to remove about 6" if we decided to pour a concrete floor. So far it seems like it has settled a couple inches although the subsoil was compacted with a vibratory compactor.

Terry I can see the project for next summer is a stacker trailer. With the Jeep, rock crawler and 2 bikes you would not want to leave any at home when you come down to Yuma after Eleanor retires.

Cloudy again today with showers predicted this evening.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.