Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2019, 06:17 PM   #16045

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
I raked and blew off the leaves on your site, they dumped gravel but didn't do a really good job of spreading it. Do you want it it just leveled? Or do you have a specific place you want the gravel?
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #16046

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening
Thanks lloyd
I wish i had better news.Joe and ïi took off in thé pa and got about 60 miles out of 250 miles easing To northern Minn. For some R&R.
Wé stoppedTo havre dinner and thé most expnseive pizza burger and a cup of soup with tip 50 bucks😂
Got Back To pa and had a Phone message from foot doc. WHICH Said Blood test monday came black with High levals.signs ifecton is on again.
So we turned around and at home again.
Will call again in am To make appointment.
I dont think we will make it this year.
Very Disapointed .
Been going too car shows friday and saturday night.
Got thé exhust fixed on thé 64 sure sounds si Nice again. Nice rumble.
Tim
One of thé long time neibhor passés away. 60 plus year. She was in Her 90ties.
Sexe Will .be missed.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:26 PM   #16047

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi gang,
Well wishes to you Tim, hope your foot gets better. Bet the '64 sounds great. Sorry about your neighbor's passing.
Got the fencing finished at the farm, and the roads/sites done at the RV park. Been working pretty hard at it. We hauled in around 4,500 tons of rock.... (nine million pounds)!
Hoping you all are well.
Here's a pic of one section of farm fence, and a shot of the RV park from the air....lots to do yet, seeding being one thing.
Take care my friends......
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_185633_Richtone(HDR).jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	261582Click image for larger version

Name:	CAMPGROUND12.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	261583
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:57 AM   #16048

Good morning all!!!

Oh no Tim!!! So sorry to hear. But maybe they have a early start on it and can get it under control quickly. Fingers are crossed for you. Get well!

Electra,,, very nice fence, love the photo of the park. A picture is worth a 1,000 words!!! 16 sites? The sites look pretty long and wide. That's a lot of gravel!!!!!!!!!!

Went to dinner with new neighbors building house on the 20 acres across the street from us last night. Had a great time. Think we will get along great.

Ordered all the filters for a full genny and coach drive train service yesterday. Expect I will have a 2 day project when it arrives. Still need to look into the airfilter element. 21,000 miles now, expect it should be changed.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:19 AM   #16049

OH NOOOOOOOO TIM !
One step forward and two steps back..
You're square dancin'!
Hope this one's a quick fix

48* here this morning, rained last night so mighty soggy

Wow Bill , just wow !

The campground is looking GREAT !
You're going full steam fer sure !!

(At this rate ,you might save Lynne a bunch of looking for next year's M&G !)
Old 09-27-2019, 06:39 AM   #16050

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Still very hot here at the homestead. Hottest September on record. And no relief in sight.
Tim, sorry to hear about the infection returning. Prayers for a quick and successful resolution. Bill, campground is looking great. Harvey, your new barn is really coming along. Frank, glad you and Rita made it back home. And hope you are enjoying those cool temps. At least cool compared to mine.
Been working on Monaco. Running wires from rear of coach to front dash. Wires to power rear camera and wires to signal an indicator light for the road brakes. And running a 4 wire flat trailer wire at the same time, for future something. And a coax from wet bay to front TV because existing coax does not work. Should finish up securing the wires under coach today. Then can work inside to finish. Inside where the AC is running.
Lynne, y'all travel safe today.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:20 AM   #16051

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Good morning everyone, coffee was mighty fine.
Thanks much guys, I will add more pics soon.....
Sounds like a good project going on the Monaco Ron, I'd love to be involved in helping with such things. I'm hoping to do so at my place sometime if anyone has a chance to stop by. Like Gordon, I have a sawzall!
Gotta run, have a fantastic day all...
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #16052

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Tim. Sorry to hear about the chance of infection. Hopefully there is just elevated levels and they are able to stop it before it becomes serious.

Frank. Thanks for cleaning up the leaves. Francisco was supposed to put gravel under the coach parking. I asked him to bring it up to the level of the pad for the whole length of the coach. I imagine he leveled with the tractor! I did not ask for any gravel at the front. I have thrown a rake into the stacker to do whatever finish leveling is required. Just want it level and higher than it was. Used to have a pond under there when it rained. Hopefully the gravel will dissuade Connie from walking her cat under there and the resultant odor.

Bill. Like the looks of the fence. Good photo of the campground layout. I like the area to the right that appears to be set up or at least optioned for group camping. It does not take long to use up a lot of gravel when you have a large area like you created with the roads.

Serviced the coach yesterday. Lets just say it was not my favorite or stellar moment. Was unable to find the capacity of the oil pan I have so they suggested to fill to the minimum and then add 1 quart at a time. So I erred on the side of caution and added a quart, pulled the filling funnel, put the cap on and started the engine. Then checked the oil. Repeated as required. Took several iterations. I also sent a note to Cummins who responded quickly (today) that they were able to determine the capacity and sent me the information. I had several moments while changing oil that an electric engine would have been attractive!! Oil is all done, put into containers and ready to take to recycle.

Few s**w flakes falling. Will be picking tomatoes and cucumbers today for sure.

May the best of your day be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:32 PM   #16053
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Hopefully the gravel will dissuade Connie from walking her cat under there and the resultant odor.
I thought of mothballs, but they are toxic to cats. Then I found:

"Oils like citronella, lavender, peppermint, lemongrass and orange tend to repel cats when they smell them and are nontoxic. To make a homemade solution of these oils, mix one part essential oil with three parts water, recommends VetInfo."

Or, maybe having the live plants (from the above list?) growing as ornamentation around the coach perimeter? Maybe as potted plants?

Yup. Chemical Warfare disguised as Aesthetically Pleasing Landscaping!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:00 PM   #16054

Freightliner Owners Club
Gordon,
Fernando is no longer here. He put gravel down but it needs leveled off, I dont think it is enough, but will see how far it goes.
Tim,
Sorry about the health issues, hopefully it is minor and they can get it cleared up pronto. It won't be the same without you guys here.
Frank
Old 09-28-2019, 12:12 AM   #16055

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Tim , so sorry to hear this, as the others have said, hope you caught this early, and it can be cleared up quickly!

WD, everything is looking good!
I had 2 semi loads of CA-6 brought in to Wes's place, and the neighbor Chris spread it out with a tracked Bobcat! Man it looked good when he was done! That was only 44 tons, just a drop in the bucket for what you have used, for sure!

Popeye, how are things up by "The HAAaaaaaarBoR"

Frank and Rita, glad you two are back home safe and sound!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-28-2019, 05:07 AM   #16056

Ron
You should have stayed behind !
60s today. 56* (and 59* sea temp)

Rail
The Hahbah is soggy today. Oh ayuh sawadee cup.

Frank
You're going to have nothing to do before everybody else gets there !
Lynne
Hope the exploratory trip is smooth sailing.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:55 AM   #16057

Freightliner Owners Club
Don't worry Popeye, I have plenty to do, have to take everything out of every outside compartment and wash everything, there is dirt and dust everywhere. Then start on repairs that need done not to mention upgrades that are planned.
Frank
Old 09-28-2019, 09:40 AM   #16058

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Baby its cold outside! I feel rain drops s**w flakes (flurries) falling on my head.

Yup we are having our first taste of the coming season. Heavy s**w fall warnings south of us. Should be good to clear up before we leave. Will be watching the weather channel carefully.

Took off the tomatoes yesterday. Our tomatoes did not do very well. We got a couple dozen good sized but our neighbor had a lot. Picked 9 grocery bags full!!! He is planning on making green tomato salsa. A lot of it I think.

Starting to get itchy about leaving for the south. Thanks for looking after the gravel Frank. Appreciate it.

Thanks to Lynne and Jerry for taking a ride to check out campgrounds. Very much appreciated.

Will be digging some carrots and a few beets today. Carrot soup for lunch (yum) and Janet will be making some pickled beets.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.