Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #1597

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
So happy that you like it, Now you can enjoy the experience.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2015, 07:10 AM   #1598

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Lynne,, I am 150 miles south of Rhome and our rain has stopped here, looks like your rain will be over soon. So glad y'all made it to Texas and into your new MH.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:26 AM   #1599

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lynne, so glad you like your MH! I bet you are still smiling! Oh, by the way, Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your day!
New carpeting is easy, putting in the hardwood floors, nothing for a bunch of CLACers! Hahahaha! Rail!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #1600

Glad you made it Lynne and like your new toy! And by the way Happy 43rd Anniversary! Bobby
Old 05-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #1601

Oh yeah, So excited for Lynne and Jerry, I forgot to post my trip yesterday, Duhhh. Went to the winery, they had a food truck there, it was reasonably priced and had some really good sandwiches, then a couple of frozen wine-r-itas. The band was a 3 piece with Bass, and 2 guitars, female lead singer. They played a soft jazz type music, not too loud, nice breeze, not too warm, or cool. So it was a nice afternoon, stayed about 3 hours. Today, going to a brewery in North Charleston for Sunday brunch. they are supposed to have a killer chef that likes to do a twist on familiar dishes.
Have a safe and enjoyable day,
Frank
Old 05-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #1602

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne and Jerry. Glad you made it safely. Pleased you are happy with the MH. Bonus that the pictures were not as good as what you saw. Comfortable bed and sitting area is always the best thing to have.

Enjoy your trip back. Take it easy when starting out. Does not matter if you are the slowest vehicle on the road. When parking - go slow and look often. Discuss between yourselves a signaling system to help the driver when backing up and going around tight corners. If you have any doubt, STOP and take a look.

The simpler the signaling system is the better. Always make sure you can see each other in the mirror. Driver - STOP if you cannot see your partner in either mirror. Radios are fine but hand signals are better. The batteries do not go flat or the push to talk button does not connect when you are arm signaling.

Suggestion for arm signals. Point with the arm on the side you want the back to go. Use the other arm to indicate whether to stop or back up. When you get close to being where you want use your hands to indicate how far to go. Hands far apart means some distance (about 6'), as you get closer the hands come together showing the approximate distance to go, hands together means stop.

Major issue for the signaler. Look up as well as on the ground. Trees have a way of jumping out when least expected and branches will rip holes in the roof.

You will be fine. Bottom line is if you have an "oops" it can be fixed. That is why is say if you cant see the person on the ground stop.

Dont get pushed into rushing to get parked. If someone wants by they will have to wait and probably do not mind waiting. We all have had issues with parking at times so try not to get flustered. If they are in a hurry they can turn around and go around the other way. Besides if they wait they may see a show. The main thing is to try to give them a minor show if at all. Going slow will reduce the number of "good" shows the audience will be treated to.

If someone suggests you hurry tell them you are new at this and are trying to figure out how to get the unit in. I still tell folks I am practising my parking skills after years of doing it. And I will always be practising to get better.

I have been parking TT, 5er and MH for years. I cannot recall an instance where I did not get out to look at the units position several times while parking. Janet is an excellent guide and we take several opportunities to discuss what we are trying to accomplish while parking.

Whew - I can get long winded.

Planted the garden today. Cherry trees, apple trees, crab apple trees are all blooming. Bees are just a buzzing.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:07 PM   #1603

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Great that Lynne seems pleased with the purchase so far.

Can't wait to see what else she has to say today and some new photos

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:11 PM   #1604

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Sun has finally come out in Texas!

Whew! Was beginning to think we needed to buy an ark instead.

Went to church this am, nice service, good sermon. Then we went out to lunch. Then Walmart to pick up the sewer hose and food for our trip back home. Decided to come back to take a nap but didn't sleep so got up and cleaned the kitchen.

It's beautiful down here but I know you all want to see pictures of the MH, so here are some pictures.

Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh Jerry & Curits 2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	95135   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH Jerry & Curtis.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	95136  

Click image for larger version

Name:	MH Bedroom4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	95137  
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:21 PM   #1605

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Looking good Lynne, glad the rain stopped if even for a little while, now the fun begins .
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #1606

Looks wonderful Lynne, and Gordon hit the nail right on the head, his advice is solid.
Frank
Old 05-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #1607

Glad to see the deluge has subsided some Lynne! Your new toy looks beautiful! Good Luck with it! Hope your son #2 is ok Curtis! And Thanks for helping Lynne and Jerry in getting their new toy! Bobby
Old 05-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #1608

Awesome rig Lynne.....glad you made it safe with all the bad weather...hope your trip back is fun and relaxing.....now it's time to enjoy the new toy!!!!
Old 05-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #1609

Enjoying the Company of New Friends and having fun getting to know Lynne and Jerry. We are going to hate to see them leave. Melissa is so excited about having them here she won't stop talking about how much she likes their visit.

They are like Family to us now!

Funny Observation: Both our backsides are clearly represented in the pictures!

AND, they got to try and sleep to the rhythm of the falling rain last night.
Tonight will be totally opposite.

I'm trying to give them a good cross section representation of what it's like to live in an RV before they head out....
Old 05-24-2015, 10:29 PM   #1610

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lynne, when Curtis is doing the walk thru, telling you and Jerry how everything works, Video tape it so you can go back, and review when you forget something? It is a lot of info to digest all at one time! And we all did the same thing, wish I would have done that too!! Great looking MH, but we need more pic's! Just say'n Now you can start to enjoy! I agree with Gordons advice, always stop if your spotter gets out of view, last thing you want is to back over them!! Glad the weather let up for you, looks like it is clearing off, and going to get nice!
Oh, how was that first cup in the MH?
Coffee here is good this morning!! Everyone have a great day! Rail!