Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:46 AM   #1611

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Curtis,
It already seems like we are family on here already, before we even meet face to face.
I am looking forward to meeting up with Terry and Eleanor this summer and Lynne and Jerry in September and hopefully Jay and Patty sometime this summer. And as Bobby already said, we all hope that your #2 son and family are OK and the really bad weather missed them.
Lynne,
Rail is correct in the video taping your walk through with Curtis, you will be glad that you did, until you get used to using everything, you will forget, because of the volume of information.
Mostly cloudy here this morning, but warm. About a 30 to 40% of a shower today, but not planning anything, staying put and going to enjoy a quiet( yeah right, with the campgrounds packed ) day in the park.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #1612

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

6:34 AM here in Texas and we are still sitting in Curtis an Melissa's driveway. Went in town yesterday and got gassed up and really planned on leaving but another storm hit.

Melissa has these storm apps and they said in some areas you could not see 10 feet in front of you. It was also a 5 hr drive to my sisters so we decided we would leave this am after the w--k crowd is mostly done. I think Texas has had enough rain.

It has been great meeting and visiting with these two. You guys would love Curtis's shop. I think he has two of everything.

First drive yesterday for Jerry and he did fine. We will be a little slow at first but we are ok with that. Learning curve for us.

Had sent down a little coffee pot so am sitting here enjoying a cup. Will read some of these manuals as we drive,

Hope you all have a great day. Lynne and Jerry

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:58 AM   #1613

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lynne, great to have the time to get to know the MH before you have to take off, just take your time and enjoy . Take care.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #1614

Lynne,
Have fun and enjoy learning your new toy. Wise choice to just take your time and get used to driving.
Frank
Old 05-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #1615

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Coffee is good as the sun shines in the window today.

Lynne & Jerry, safe travels in your new coach. Shes a beauty. The adventure begins!!

Frank - I have to agree it is almost like family already. Those bonds will become stronger as we all get a chance to break bread together.

Gordon - Hope things are going well for Janet.

Curtis - Not sure if I should say hope you dry out soon or when are you going to stock that pond. You and Melisa have sure shown us all what Texas Hospitality is all about.

Bobby, Rail, Terry

Well one more cuppa and it's off to see the doc to talk about the latest MRI. Have a great day all.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #1616

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne and Jerry: Have a safe trip. Pictures whenever you can please. Drive with confidence and you will be fine.

Janet is doing well. She bought a zero turn lawn mower yesterday to help trim around the trees. She will be on her motorcycle as soon as we get it back.

Hearing about all of the flooding in Texas. Our hearts go out to those who lost family, friends or property.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:23 AM   #1617

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lynn - 100 highway miles and you'll have that down. A big empty parking lot and 30 minutes will give you the rest of it... after that it's steady as you go and spend time playing with the mirrors - hopefully electric. I find adjusting them for back in to be very helpful.

Good luck and looking forward to reading of you journey and adventures going forward. Be safe - no trophies for getting there first. You are going to love the new lifestyle.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #1618

Hope your having fun Lynne, I wasn't last night! We decided to have the wood floors refinished in the house Sally inherited from her ex. Worked 8 solid hours scraping up glue down tiles and the glue under them trying not to gouge the wood. I am sore as heck and not looking forward to the other 2 bedrooms that have tile or the rest of the house that I have to get the glue up! Never for the life of me will I understand covering beautiful wood floors with anything but throw rugs or runners??????? He had carpet down and hung out at a junkyard the last few years of his life and let some carpet cleaner take his money to do a halfway job soaking everything thru the padding, had real estate lady there and said it smelled musty so back to wood we go! Oh well, going to bed so I can repeat tommorrow! Bobby
Old 05-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #1619

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone! Coffee is tasting good today, but very hot here! All the rains we got last week have made it very humid here! Well this weekend is going to be fun, we go to Pattaya for 3 days of relaxing! We are driving down to get all of the stuff we could not carry back on the small plane from our trip to the U.S.!! Good thing we have a diesel 4 door pickup W/A/topper!
Bobby, take it easy, pace yourself!
Curtis, I hope the floods have missed you, and I am praying for all the people that it has affected. Dang, to go from a drought to floods in such a short time?
Lynne and Jerry, take care, enjoy the trip, and have fun! And as Gordon said, "more pic's please" when you have time!
Well, we have not heard from Bap for awhile? Do you think his old laptop finally died?
Frank, you may have to stop by and check on him? On your way north!
Gordon, I sent you some of the rain we were having over here last week, but I think it missed you and hit Texas? Maybe some of it will find its way up there! Tell Janet to have fun on that zero-turn mower, I had a Woods ZTR when I had the S&B, it was fun!
We stopped at a CG outside of Alanreed, Tx. on our trip, and the lake was dry! Hope they got a little of that heavy rain too!
Terry, the TH is coming along very fast now, and the work you are doing is top shelf!! Looks great!
Everyone take care on your travels, and be safe out there!
Rail!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #1620

Good Morning All,
Rail,
I think you are correct about Bap, his internet connection has been sporadic at best.

Didn't do much yesterday, all the weekenders pulled out by Monday evening, so it was relatively quiet again. Went to the pool and enjoyed the sun, kind of unique pool arrangement, it is a salt water pool, just like swimming in the ocean. Then went back to one distillery and got a couple bottles of Rum and chocolate flavored liqueur. Makes a killer white Russian. Then stopped at a pizza place and enjoyed their 1/2 price pizza day. Had a nice fire last night. Not much planned for today either.

Have a good and safe day all,
Frank
Old 05-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #1621

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Hope your having fun Lynne, I wasn't last night! We decided to have the wood floors refinished in the house Sally inherited from her ex. Worked 8 solid hours scraping up glue down tiles and the glue under them trying not to gouge the wood. I am sore as heck and not looking forward to the other 2 bedrooms that have tile or the rest of the house that I have to get the glue up! Never for the life of me will I understand covering beautiful wood floors with anything but throw rugs or runners??????? He had carpet down and hung out at a junkyard the last few years of his life and let some carpet cleaner take his money to do a halfway job soaking everything thru the padding, had real estate lady there and said it smelled musty so back to wood we go! Oh well, going to bed so I can repeat tommorrow! Bobby
I can feel you pain. Helped a friend strip tiles off of his floor a lot of years ago. He had put a couple layers of tile on the floor. Between layers he had also nailed the floor trying to get rid of squeaks!!

However - you will notice the difference when you are done and get great satisfaction. Only you will know how bad it was. Everyone will see how good it looks but few will know how much of an improvement was made. Words of encouragement.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #1622

Thanks for the encouragement Gordon, I know the end result will be worth it so on I toil! I have been looking for one of those Zero turn mowers to buy and fix up, I challenge Janet to a race , if I find one. lol! Bobby
Old 05-27-2015, 01:54 PM   #1623

Winnebago Owners Club
Bobby - I would pay money to see a race like that. You would probably have to hold back in order to not win by too big a margin. We got a small one to cut around the trees. The John Deere is too big to get close to the trees. The object is to have Janet cut around the trees and I will cut and bag everything. Thats the plan anyway.

Well I just finished building my first brick arch. I think I have it figured out and it is the last one I do. Now have to wait until the mortar sets and see if it will actually hold itself up. If anyone is looking for advice about doing one I can help with three words - "don't do it". Seriously, it went easier than I thought.

I hope Lynne and Jerry are having a great time breaking in their new coach.

We still are not getting any rain. They predict rain but as the time gets closer the percentage falls. It is not looking good for much moisture for the next while. I am watering all of the garden and fruit trees.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #1624
bap

i aint dead yet...lol,,,,,,was out working and decided to come in and make me a chocolate milkshake with swissmiss coco and sea salt,,,and thought i would try to get on,,,,viola,,,made....lol
......i sure do miss just being able to jump on in the mornings or whenever and check on all of you guy,s....but the old lap top has other plans...lol.....really need to get another one but it cant be at the top of my priority list as of now....just trying to survive,,,,been hectic here between working on 1 of our rental properties and planting the big garden...about 6 acres of corn,enough tomatoes for everyone on here...lol..and a pumpkin patch for the grandson who told me about the kids that couldnt afford a pumpkin last year so he wants a pumpkin patch so those kids can have some pumpkins this oct.----proud of his kind heart.and my 9 yr olkd grandson ..we were standing in line at the store the lady in front of us dropped a 20 dollar bill out of her purse,,,he reached down and picked it up ...looked at it and said...ma,am.....this fell out of ur purse.....my heart is still smiling about my grandboys,,,,there 9 and 10...----sorry couldnt help but grandbrag a little....lol

i have also been praying for all of you on here,, and curtic along with all those in the fllod and drought areas..

LYNNE,,,,i cannot tell you how happy i am for you and ur new MH,,,everyone has already given u the best advise,,,,and just seat time will get you so use to it it will be as easy as your daily driver....---my prayer for you has been may your gaurdian angles surround you and jerry on your trip back home...

......miss allk you guy,s and gal.
...bap