Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #16325

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning all,

Martha and I are back in Rio Vista after my surgery re-check in Fayetteville. Doctor says I am doing well but I am prohibited for another two weeks in lifting anything over 20#'s. Evidently I was about to have a strangulated umbilical hernia and the surgery could not have been done soon enough. Bottom line is I'm ok and I will have my "innie" back in a a month or so when the swelling abates.

We took our Jeep Renegade to Fayetteville and back and average just under 30 miles to the gallon. I am impressed with the it so far. I have been busy compiling a list and downloading tracks for some ot he easier rated jeep trails in the Benson/Tucson area to torture the little beast with.

We leave Rio Vista tomorrow for ten days at the COE park in Waco on Lake Waco. Looking forward to seeing the Waco area and what it has to offer.

Lloyd, that KOA in Tucson is nice but pricey for a winter stay, as memory services it's about $900 per month plus electric.

Gordon, it sounds like you have nice temps in Yuma.

Ron, when do you get on the road to Yuma?

Well, busy day today, we've got wash to do, and shopping to do at Sams Club in Burleson.

Everyone have a great day.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2019, 08:59 AM   #16326

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, they say we may get our first measurable crap Thursday afternoon into Fri, it's always a mystery this time year, our biggest amounts can be this way.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #16327

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Going to be another great weather day here. High 70's. Will enjoy while it lasts, cooler and wetter later this week and next week.

Charlie, you should have a good visit to the Waco area. Dr Pepper Museum, Texas Ranger Museum. If you play dominoes, Puremco factory is on SE edge of Waco. Homestead Heritage is a Christian community living like 1800's with blacksmith shop, woodworking shop, pottery, grain mill. Aquaponics. Interesting place to see how it was done in earlier times. McGregor to the west has all you can eat catfish on Friday's, at Coffee Shop Cafe. Right now my plans are to be there on Friday 11/29/2019.

Plans for the trip to Yuma will be to leave the homestead on 11/29 Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, to spend two nights at sister Linda's, just outside of Gatesville. Dec 1 Sunday in Fort Stockton, Dec 2 Monday at Cattlemans Steakhouse in El Paso. Then Lordsburg, Tucson, Yuma. So, depending on weather and attitude, be in Yuma Dec 5 Thursday.. Still lots of flexibility there, depending mostly on weather. Last year had two nights at 26 degrees. Earlier in season this year, hoping for warmer.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #16328

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Lloyd, they say we may get our first measurable crap Thursday afternoon into Fri, it's always a mystery this time year, our biggest amounts can be this way.
Terry, you'll get it when we're done with it.[emoji2] Looking to get 2 to 4 inches after 9pm tonight.
Top of the day to ya gang, check in a little later, everyone take care.....Charlie, take it easy.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #16329

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Electra, that's what they just said for us here, I'm so not ready!
Old 11-06-2019, 04:11 AM   #16330

Hot coffee has been poured. 22° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 42° with off and on rain. Got back yard cleared of leaves. Carpet cleaner coming today. Need to thing out of the way for them.
Weather is not looking good. Temperatures not getting above freezing next week. Along with some of the white stuff.

Safe travels for all.

Good Morning All,
Old 11-06-2019, 05:57 AM   #16331

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The posts are always a part of my morning coffee routine. We are located here in north east Ohio and winter is approaching fast. Dropping into the 20s at night some snow predicted for tomorrow. So getting anxious to head to Florida. But do to Granddaughter’s wedding and other family events we are delayed till December. So I spend my days making some improvements to our coach and reading friends accounts of arrival in Florida. “Gone with the Winlands” is ready for the trip. Thanks for your stories and information. I love this sight.
Glamping2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:45 AM   #16332

Good morning all!!!!

6 am thunderstorm came thru, yup rain in the desert!!!! Gone now, seems to be clearing. Temp is 61, that will change quickly when the sun appears.

Wow, cold temps for up north this early in November. And add sn*w and it all seems just wrong.

Deb and I rode part of the Tucson loop yesterday, about 21 miles out, and then back for a total of 42 miles. It is really nice. A local cyclist challenge is to ride the entire 131 miles. It passes with 1/4 mile of the park.

Charlie great mileage! The wrangler don`t come near that. Didn't look at the monthly rates here, however have a daily site for $49.95, used some of our KOA points and got 1 night free. So 3 nights for $100. They have sites here that are $149.95 per night wwhich are very nice.

Glamping, where do you winter in Florida?

I spoke too soon, second thunderstorm coming through.

No plans for today. Will reload trailer and prepare for a early start tomorrow. Hope to make Yuma by lunch time.

Have a great day all!!!

L.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #16333

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
I would try some of the riper fruit. We did a trip to Indian River in Florida years ago. Purchased a very large bag of ruby red grapefruit and the bag was packed with ripe fruit on the top and greener fruit at the bottom. They said the fruit would ripen. The fruit ripened at about the rate we ate it so nothing spoiled. Do not recall any difference from the top to the bottom for taste.

Slow day today. Golf yesterday. Certainly warm.

Lynne and Jerry took us out for dinner last night. Had a great time. Still full!!

Putting up some light in the trees this morning.

Safe travel Deb and Lloyd.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #16334

Good evening !

Deb picked some grapefruit. Folks here are saying in the sun they will ripen. Gonna try in the windshield area once in Yuma.

Trailer is reloaded, should get a early start tomorrow. Final leg of the journey to Yuma.

Have a great evening all!

L.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #16335

Gulf Streamers Club
Gotta hear the full story on the visit to Tucson. I will probably visit there if the weather is OK.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #16336

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamping2 View Post
The posts are always a part of my morning coffee routine. We are located here in north east Ohio and winter is approaching fast. Dropping into the 20s at night some snow predicted for tomorrow. So getting anxious to head to Florida. But do to Granddaughter’s wedding and other family events we are delayed till December. So I spend my days making some improvements to our coach and reading friends accounts of arrival in Florida. “Gone with the Winlands” is ready for the trip. Thanks for your stories and information. I love this sight.
Welcome! Glad you are like us all and enjoy our coffee with this thread!
Most of us here that frequent this thread have met, and become good friends!
Hope to meet up with you, also, in the future! Enjoy the thread! Rail!
Old 11-07-2019, 04:08 AM   #16337

Coffee is done brewing. 31° with light S!!W this morning. Heading to 34° with continued light S!!W until afternoon. Need to put furniture and other things back where they belong after carpet cleaning. NO much else planned.

Lloyd, safe travels today. Putting grapefruit in windshield area may cook them.

Glamping2, Welcome to Good Morning. I have only met one of the people in this group. Wroughtnharv, that I met on another forum many years ago. Plan to meet more of them when I attend the Meet and Greet next August.

Prayers and best wishes for all.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:42 AM   #16338

Expecting the same weather as Ron H.
Just later..37* now .
It should stay above freezing till after the sn** falls..
So nice crusty morning tomorrow.

Also seeing a stretch of not above freezing in near future....

Lloyd ,,,you forgot to pick me up !
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
You 2 keep yer eyes out for idiots on the roads .

First sn** here always features idiots !
Nobody thinks slowing down is needed.... till it's too late.
(I hope to be back from mom's before it starts)

Rail
I could use some of that Thai warmed air right about now...

Hey Glamping2 !
Plop the chair 'round the group campfire.
Always room , the circle just gets larger .

Ron S
How is Pebbles staying warm ??
I have extra wool sweaters that could fit her , if you wash and dry on hot !
Prob fit you before that ....