RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #16353

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Frank and Lloyd said it all.

All that is left to finish here is the arrival of Ron and Pebbles. Then all will be as it should.

Bill - when you say the pump has gone out which one was it? We got the AquaHot edition with the faulty pumps. Have replaced 1 and 2. 4 is out but it is the engine heater so not going to worry about that, it looks like a bearcat to get to. Since I have never needed to use it and don't plan on it. Was reading a thread about AquaHot Install oasis pump? and there is a tips list link in post 4.

I followed the instructions from AquaHot and drained the boiler. Not that difficult. While you have the boiler drained it is a good thing to replace the hose from the boiler to the expansion tank. The stock one is cr*p!

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #16354
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Many thanks for the link Gordon. Actually what I am referring to is the electric motor itself......the loudest whining noise heard before the diesel burner kicks on. The stir pumps are functioning fine.....I had the whole works replaced with the new design in year one. I'm about to have a chat with AquaHot techs. Maybe I can get the parts needed and fix it...
Lloyd, yes I will fix it myself, (I think/hope)!
Happy birthday Ron!
Harv, I am honored that you like my barn window trim idea, thanks! I had the pieces bent to my design specs. I will outline detail for you in my next post.....need to take a couple more pics.
Everyone have a great day!!

Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #16355

Lloyd
Very nice of you to point that out ....
as you arrive in YUMA for the winter !

Terry and I were just talking the other day about poor you missing out on cold country fun , so found a 53' reefer that by the second snow is going to be filled up , and then delivered to the end of your driveway just before you arrive in the spring !
If you prefer it could make it to your site at RE some time in February ?????
Plz let us knowwwwww.

No need to thank us , as always , just fart in our general direction.......
Old 11-08-2019, 10:50 AM   #16356

Ron S

It's your birthday ??
Buy yourself a Shiner for me !
And many more,,,,beers , not birthdays
Nobody wants them !! (except for kids ??)
Old 11-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #16357
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Still working on a diagnosis for AquaHot woes.....give an update later.
I just noticed I double posted pictures! I'm sorry about that. On my phone it showed as if my pics didn't load correctly.....so I tried it again in a following post. Then today, there they are twice...at least all but 2. Oh well, cyber anomalies!
Harv, forgot to answer about the pitch....I do believe that is a 4-12, don't believe it's any steeper than that. I'd have to measure to be exact.....but I'd say you're correct.
Check in later all, all of you out west, soak up some sun and heat for me will ya?
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #16358

Gulf Streamers Club
Amazon Prime $40 discount

Veterans can get a $40 discount to renew the membership for the yearly rate on Amazon Prime. If you are a vet and addicted like me, check with them online and get your discount. Hurry, it is only good thru Veterans Day, Monday Nov 11.
It simply adds a year to whatever your current plan is now.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #16359

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ron, we took advantage of that deal with Prime yesterday. That's $40 that can go toward Jeep fuel.

It is going down below freezing here in Waco on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday according to the weather person on TV. The highs are expected to be in the high 30's but only for three days. If we can survive Custer's so called spring we can handle this.

Lloyd, I ordered my first Jeep Mod. I ordered some halo add on's for the headlights. Let the fun begin. Glad you made it to Yuma safely.

We visited the "Dr. Pepper" museum today. It was kind of nostalgic for an old fart like me. It was basically a history lesson in carbonation and the evolution of flavored drinks. Interesting place. Heck, they even throw in a Dr. Pepper at the end of the tour.

Gordon, have you heard anything from Tim and his continued health issues? Hoping the best for him.

Everyone stay safe
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:10 PM   #16360

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Posting from my phone today!
We went to the mall yesterday, and they had a dessert display, and we decided to try it! I got the hot fudge brownie and Jira, Mai, and Com got a honey toast icecream thing! Yummmmmmm!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191108_134945462.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	266310

Name:	IMG_20191108_134701295.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	266311

Name:	IMG_20191108_141248446_HDR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	489.6 KB
ID:	266312

Popeye, yeah, what are the odds? That part on Amazon was 60 dls. It did feel good when it worked great! The guy was so happy! Love to pay it forward!
Too bad I still don't have my semi tractor, I could pull that refer to RE, and then stay for a month or so!
Probably be cheaper to just rent a snow machine!

WD, I bet the big W. factory just up the road from you will have the part and the instructions to install it? Your place is looking great, and a trip there after the M&G is a good idea! Convoy!

Harvey, your progress is amazing, and I am totally impressed!

Charlie, you are just starting the custom add on progress! Enjoy!

Tim, update please!

Everyone have a great day ❣️! Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:50 PM   #16361

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello everyone. Good day to have a birthday. Thanks to all who wished my a happy. I appreciate it. Still cannot figure out how I got to be 75.

Charlie, I liked the Dr Pepper museum also. I forgot to mention the Magnolia Silo's that Chip and JoAnna opened there in Waco. I have not been there so cannot give a first hand report. Hoping the COE y'all are in is a good camp. Except for the cold. Looks like our weather for the next couple of weeks will be cooler than average and wetter too.
Pebbles does not like cool wet weather any better than I do.
Time for Pebbles to take me for a walk. Then bed. Y'all stay warm and dry.

ron and pebbles
Old 11-09-2019, 05:18 AM   #16362

Poured first cup of coffee. 27 with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 41 with mix of sun and clouds. Got the bubbles in bedroom carpet fixed. Furniture back in place. Still need to put all the nicknacks away. That will take awhile. I did take pictures before moving them.
The coming week is going to be busy. My 91 year old aunt is going to spend a week with me. Hope I can keep up with her. I was thing it was going to be a Aunt sitting event. But may be closer to call it nephew sitting.

I want to thank all Veterans for their service.
My Great Granddaughter was in a event at school yesterday. Her dads father was there. My son is in picture. He is was on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.

Prayers and best wishes for all.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #16363

Rail
The snooooooooo guns spray the water but don't do the freezing .
Gonna have to rely on that reefer thx for volunteering to do the delivery .

The airfare will be on the visor next to the Astatic 575.

23* this morning and the vent I replaced my AC with isn't leaking but it IS dripping!
Condensation freezing under the dome and sudden heating after I wake up is the culprit. I wasn't sure yesterday when it was raining but this morning is clear !
That plus not seeing how the water got from the roof to the center of the dome !!!!
I going to put some reflectix over it when not in use...

Ron
75 ! YOU ARE OLD .....

We're all going at the same speed so don't worry 'bout it !
Old 11-09-2019, 07:51 AM   #16364

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning
Finally got back on after several attempts.
Getting special shoes. Foots doing good
Going to have a MRI of my heart soon went back into afib after they shocked me.
I'm. Feeling good but have no energy.
MRI should show if any of my stents are blocked. The last stent put in back in August was 95% blocked.
Talked to Lenord last night. The people that got our spot next to him are right up against his 5th Wheeler. Not happy.
The PA is ready for winter we are not. Was in the teens too single digest.😭😭😭

Thinking about a trip down too Yuma @Christmas for a few days we will take the Gennis.Interested in a 5th Wheeler for sale In The park it has a nice big patieo already in place. This will happen if MRI shows no problems with ticker.
Sure missed chatting with the GM group.
Rail nice pictures as usual. Which reminds me I got a new Cannon camera still trying to figure out how it works.
Lloyd do u still have your drone? That sure was pretty cool.
Need batteries for the PA. Looking into Optima s. 250-350 bucks each. Ouch
Electra has the worked stopped for winter?
Going to make a trip down when finished unless u have a 10 year rule😰
Those on the rode safe travels.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #16365

Gulf Streamers Club
Tim, great to see you back on this site and to hear your foot is doing OK. Hoping for good news with MRI too. I will be at RE Dec 5th if all goes as planned. Would be great to see you and Joe if y'all can make it.

ron and pebbles
Old 11-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #16366

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All, enjoying coffee while catching up. 26 this morning had a little s—w yesterday didn’t last grounds still to warm. Trying to decide if I should move the s—w blower from the barn down to the garage. Last year used it once before we left. Never know here in northeast Ohio. Took some of my summer clothes out to the motor home just to think more of warm weather. Ha ! Didn’t work to well twenty’s in the camper always feels colder than outside. Never used to be bothered by cold but age changes that. I am a retired police officer and spent many a cold day handling situations out in the cold. Thanks for the tip on amazon. I was aware of the add but just figured it was for first time buyers. I forget who told me they were from streetsboro but that’s not far from us. We actually live closest to Mogadore. Seems most of you winter in the West and while we have travelled the west as late as Thanksgiving we have yet to try wintering there. Back in the 60s we were in San Jose California for three plus years. Thank you again for the warm welcome and thank you veterans for your service.

Glamping2 is offline   Reply With Quote