Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:08 PM   #1625

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi bap;
Welcome back to the thread. Good to see you are keeping busy, drinking chocolate milkshake. Sounds yummy and its likely good for you as well.

Sounds like you have some great grandsons, they are to be proud of. Do not see that kind of character as often as one would like nowadays.

Well the brick arch is still standing . . . . . but so is the form so it should! LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #1626

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If we don't hear from Lynn soon I'm calling the sherif.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #1627

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bap, good to see you, now we need pics of the ole Airstream your doing. Gordon, I'm still not walking under that arch for awhile . Flagg, I agree, maybe they are having too much fun.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #1628

Retired Fire Service RVer's
bap,
Glad you got back on and said hi, we missed you. And I would be bragging about my grandkids if them do the nice things that yours do too, you have to be really proud.

Gordon,
Glad that you got the arch done, but I am with Terry, I wouldn't walk under it yet either.

Flagg,
I agree with you and Terry, Lynne must be having too much fun.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:02 AM   #1629

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Bap, good to hear from you! We can relax! Be proud of those grandkids!
And I would not worry too much about Lynne and Jerry! They are having too much fun at her sisters house, and I am sure they will be back as soon as they hit the road back home!
Coffee is tasting good today!
I worked on the rope lighting I had strung up around the bamboo gazebo in the front of the store. The water from all the rain we got the last week got to it, so a new controller, and some silicon sealant should do the trick! I forgot to get some liquid elec. tape at the store yesterday! Next trip!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
PS, Gordon, I will walk under your archway, just very fast!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:53 AM   #1630

Good Morning All,
Another beautiful day here, went to the pool yesterday, and the health department had it closed. Seems like they didn't like the signage " shallow water, do not dive" they wanted 1 or 2 more posted, also the lettering for emergency information on the entry sign was faded and needs redone. The emergency telephone in the laundry wasn't readily marked also. Note that nothing was wrong with the water in the pool. Although I don't disagree that the things marked need to be addressed, this is another abuse of power to just shut it down. If the water was unsafe then, I could understand it. Sorry about the rant.
Hope that we hear from Lynne today.
Have a good day All, and be safe,
Frank
Old 05-28-2015, 07:05 AM   #1631

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Anyone have Lynns cell phone number. Sent a PM but no response.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:14 AM   #1632

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Anyone have Lynns cell phone number. Sent a PM but no response.
Just received a reply. They are doing fine...
Old 05-28-2015, 07:14 AM   #1633

Steve,
Lynne may be having trouble with cell phone service, due to the flood damage, in Texas, the service maybe sporadic. Curtis hasn't been on much either.
Frank
Old 05-28-2015, 07:15 AM   #1634

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Guys,

Sorry, was visiting my sister and didn't get on at all. We are doing fine. Driving is good. We left Texas yesterday before we got waterlogged AGAIN. Man, have they had a lot of rain!

Stopped in a CG in North Little Rock Arkansas last night. Need to remember to check out how close these things are to the Highway. Also, their internet is not working so good thing I have the HotSpot on the phone.

Have not had coffee yet so going to fix that soon. Will get back on tonight when we stop. Trying this trip retired style. We stop when we want and wherever. Now have a KOA CG directory so should make things easier.

Don't worry, we are doing good. Have a fabulous day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:11 AM   #1635

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning!!

Lynne - Thanks for checking in so we know you're OK out there. Happy to see all is well and you're having fun.

These are usually more up to date than the book.
Photos, amenities, local attractions, site map, directions, GPS link, one touch call, ability to favorite and book ahead.

KOA APP iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/koa/...4592?ls=1&mt=8

KOA APP Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....koa.mobileapp

As I watch the weather reporting in TX & OK my heart breaks for the loss of life and property.

I hope Curtis is keeping his head above water down there.

Have a great day everyone.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #1636

Winnebago Owners Club
Hello Everyone;
Looks like we will have the majority of us (myself included) watching Rail dash under the arch. As it turns out it is a decorative arch and there is no pathway under it. And as a safety precaution I have left the forms up. I just took a look at it and it appears to be OK. More later!

Frank - understand your frustration. I can understand the government thinking though. Once they identify a problem they want it fixed. Worst thing in the world for them would be to give you a couple weeks to fix the deficiencies and during that time have some child drown. Head lines would read "Child dies in pool the government had identified as substandard". Easier and safer for them to just close the pool. And we will never be able to determine if it helped or not but perhaps it did keep someone from dieing.

I am glad to hear from Lynne and Jerry. I was wondering if everything was going alright when they went incommunicado for a while. Glad that it is. Did not come to mind that they were visiting family and I can understand how that can get time consuming. There is always so much to catch up on.

Anyway - time to go out and water the arch to help the mortar cure.

Have a great day everyone.

P.S. - thanks for volunteering to test the arch for us Rail but I will do the test myself.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #1637

NY Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Morning All,
Another beautiful day here, went to the pool yesterday, and the health department had it closed. Seems like they didn't like the signage " shallow water, do not dive" they wanted 1 or 2 more posted, also the lettering for emergency information on the entry sign was faded and needs redone. The emergency telephone in the laundry wasn't readily marked also. Note that nothing was wrong with the water in the pool. Although I don't disagree that the things marked need to be addressed, this is another abuse of power to just shut it down. If the water was unsafe then, I could understand it. Sorry about the rant.
Hope that we hear from Lynne today.
Have a good day All, and be safe,
Frank
It will be ok Frank. as soon as we all take this country back from bureaucrats! Sally and I drove up to Albany to straighten out a suspension on my license, got a letter from DMV with my name and license # on it, my address and on the last page it had some poor guy George F. Allen in Panama City, Florida trying to clear that suspension for himself!!!??? I showed the clerk all the papers and said if it would help i'd pay his $300.00 civil penalty for insurance if we'd both get our licenses fixed! Her reply was oh no, you had no RIGHT to see his papers, nevermind they sent them to me! Then told me I have to wait for my suspension to be lifted thru the mail even though it obviously is not me! So I had Sally drive 167 miles plus there for nothing, and her back is out , she is not a Happy Camper as I expected to drive home. Then I went to Taxation and Finance to straigten out a Sales Tax thing on my shop, not filing a form on time , $100 penalty due. A Huge Building they are in halfway across town, found it walked in and saw a whole line of glass service windows all manned, one asked me if she could help me I told her the whole story showed her I had the papers and she told me sorry, "WE DON'T TAKE WALKINS ANYMORE", I asked then so what do you all do? She smiled and Sarcasticly said , WE GET PAID! Some representitive government! Gotta go rub Sally's back! Take Care Everyone! Bobby
Old 05-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #1638

WOW Bobby!

I guess it's true what they say,

"New York, New York, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere! New York, New York!!!!!"

How do you guys not go postal on some of those Beuracrats with their heads where the sun doesn't shine is admirable.

Well, maybe not admirable! Amazing!

Well, Maybe not Amazing! Befuddeling????

Well, How about just plain? Idiocracy!

Oh, before I forget, We're OK, and still got our heads above water!

I live on high ground so the run off is our biggest problem.
Oh and the Tornados.

My Cousin up the road had to move her cattle to a different pasture because of the threat of a breaking dam 25 miles up hill from her.

Putting new tires on my motorcycle, grand Daughters Sweet 16 BDay yesterday, plus spent the day with Andrew (youngest Grandson) at the Park Yesterday.

Oh, and cleaning up the shop a little!

Later Ya'll!
Back to work