Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #16381

Good evening!!!

Don, we have the same flu!!! LOL!!! I have a collection of Honda's, many from the 70's and a few late models. We have a Jeep jk, this is our 3rd winter in Yuma. We live close to I 77 just south of Charlotte. Perhaps we can connect when you pass by again.

Popeye, looking forward to it.

Tim, yes, been to the names 3-4 times. Getting drone shots there is on my list of things to do.

Tomorrow is our first run. Going to take a easy run, got some newbies and we all need to warm up to running the desert after 6 months off.

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #16382

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Evening Gang,
We will have a wrangler rubicon unlimited after Wednesday. Going with Chuck and Marilee tomorrow. Cant wait for the fun to begin.
Frank
Congratulations Frank and Rita! Remember, pic's, or it didn't happen! Rail!
Old 11-10-2019, 04:23 AM   #16383

Tim
Good to go !
B8 spells bait and they sell it at the store ....
Good to hear your foot has settled down.
keep yer stick on the ice....

Lloyd
The only issue now is the reefer only needed ONE pilot.
I'll only send the fleet out as a unit...
I don't know if the border patrol in those parts has fighter capabilities ??
(Harvey's post got me ta thinkin')
Plus the "fallout" is so much more impressive from the entire fleet in formation..........
BUT
The overtime is gonna be a killer !

Frank
Yes like Rail said . pics !

A balmy 35* @ 6 this morning.
the gen is charging , the heat is on and the floor is ....dry.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:23 AM   #16384

Waiting for first cup of coffee to cool enough to drink. 29° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 41° with rain and snow. Depending how much rain or other we get. Hope to get some leaves mulched. Then NASCAR in afternoon.

A new jeep for Frank. Tim getting better enough to go ice fishing. Planning desert rides. New members for the group. Another Good Morning.

Prayers and best wishes for all.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:41 AM   #16385

OH !
Lloyd
The pilot thing has been taken care of.
(It's good to live uptah the vicinity of the north pole....7 night flight qualified pilots just volunteered.
if I can move up the operation to the next day, plus as a bonus they promised to make sure the fleet is payload heavy...)
and as you can see , Santa operates a little differently this year....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Santa means business this year!.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	266407  
Old 11-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #16386

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Great to see Tim posting regularly on the thread. Hope it continues.

Looking out see there is a 4 wheel gathering preparing to head out.

Fernando arrived yesterday!

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:17 AM   #16387

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning all,

First cup of coffee here this morning. Watching coaches, fivers and trailers leave by the droves. It's Sunday which is exodus day but more than that it is supposed to bottom out at 28* tomorrow evening and 26* on Tuesday.

Sounds like a lot of fun with the Jeeps out in Yuma. I may have to schedule a run in that direction from Tucson so I can enjoy a ride with you guys.

I have been looking at trails near Benson (we are staying there a month). One I want to do is a run to the Desert Bar The trail is rated a 3.0 so Martha is reluctant to take the BBJ (BaBy Jeep)there. But it sure looks like a worthwhile trip.

Another is to Cochise's Stronghold which is an easy drive on a semi maintained dirt and gravel road. We tried last year but the Kia was too low slung to make it through the sandy washes and water crossings.

This going to be fun!
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:54 AM   #16388

Winnebago Owners Club
Charlie and Martha;
Certainly would be worth being here for the Sunday outing. Today there were 5 jeeps and 1 dual sport in the group. Next week Frank will have his jeep and there will be another tracker here as well.

The Desert Bar is pretty neat according to our neighbors John and Cheryl. They have been there several times with their car (domestic product) without issue with 4 adults riding. Jeep should be fine.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:57 PM   #16389

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Had a blast today, only had 1 flat tire, which was quickly changed and off we went again.

Rail and Popeye, don't pick it up till Wednesday, so no pics till she gets home.

Ron,
We missed you and pebbles out there, hurry up and get here.

Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #16390

Gulf Streamers Club
I'm working on it! Looking forward to all the pictures next week.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:46 AM   #16391

Coffee is done brewing. 28° with snow this morning. Heading to 31° with 3 to 5" of snow by evening. Do not have snow blade on tractor or snowblower on mower. Maybe I am asking for trouble not put them on yet.

Thanks for your Service to all Veterans.

Would like to see some pictures of the trail rides.

Prayers and best wishes to all.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:01 AM   #16392

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning enjoying first cup of coffee and sharing in the exploits. We warmed up a bit here to 42 but cold front with several inches of the white stuff predicted. Need to get a few more things ready for winter today usually I set up a tent like situation over my boat to protect the cover from being torn by the snow build up. Leaves were not to bad this year lots of wind probably gifted them to some one else. My zero turn also chews them up real well. I have a large pull behind leaf vac but didn’t need it this year. We are kind of at the top of a hill so the wind seems to hit us more than some. Trying to decide what to do with the blu boy. Usually don’t need it in Florida as most all the parks we would stay at there have full hook ups. But you never know. I don’t carry a spare and there is a large rear recess underneath the coach. I may strap it up in there just to be safe. Back in the 70s we were doing the East Coast and spun a rod bearing became stranded in a gravel lot. While repairing and staying in the motor home. I could have really used one. Don’t want to get caught without again. The repairs are whole other story ended doing it myself. Replacing the motor that is. Crank was shot. Put rebuilt short block in with borrowed cherry picker. Fun way to spend vacation. No place near could do the work for at least a couple months. So I was stuck. We laugh about it at many campfires.
Glamping2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:27 AM   #16393

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Thank you to all the veterans out there, without your service we would not have the freedoms that we do.

Don,
We are the ones from Streetsboro, presently residing in Yuma enjoying the beautiful desert weather. You might want to check out the Goodmorning Meet and Greet thread, it is in St Ignas, Mich this year, quite a few of us are going to be there.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:54 AM   #16394

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Thank you to our Veterans. We do understand that Freedom is NOT free.

Jerry & I picked up a 2004 Tracker. I understand why Ron likes this little 4x4. Jerry & I have a lot to learn about riding the trails and how to drive the thing. It isn't just get in it and go do it perfectly. Lloyd is helping a lot there with instructions. It has road tires on it and I think trail tires would do better but we only had to be towed over one big boulder otherwise, the little Tracker did fine.

Going to take it in to Joe's Garage, the local Tracker guru, and have him go over it, do the oil and filter change, check the shocks (which we think may be shot) and go over other things as well. Just want to make sure it is ok. Otherwise, we were pleased with it's performance first time out. Jerry's & mine need some work.

Tim, glad you are doing better.

Charlie & Martha. We have been to the desert bar with Jerry's family and it is a nice place in the middle of nowhere with some very good food. Finding water anywhere in the desert is surprising.

Jerry is off golfing this morning with his BIL. Bunch of Dave's friends head out early to golf so the guys are feeling the cooler temps that came in last night.

You all have a good day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote