RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #16535

Road Dog !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2019, 04:40 AM   #16536

Coffee is done brewing. 36 with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 50 with rain and wind. Got the apples dehydrated. They taste good. Will not last long. Back to dentist today for cleaning. Then back home to conserve energy.

Ron S, Pebbles has the right plan. My muffin would be ready if I still had a RV. Not sure about Sassy. She does like riding in car.

Charlie, never took 9 across NM. Bring up a Topo map on PC does show mountains as you get further west.

Good Morning All.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:53 AM   #16537

Good Morning Everyone . Hope everybody is ok or at least healing. Popeye my friend are you worm enough up there by your mom? Just a little frost on the roof now, be gone in a hour or so. Curtis hope you are getting better! Hope you have good doctors! Years ago I had a motorcycle accident, ripped my shin open and tore my heal off and broke my leg below the knee. Went to the hospital under duress of Sally threatening to sew it up! A lady Dr. did a fine job sewing me up , then asked me who was my orthopedist...I asked her if it was normal that everyone had one? She caught one coming out of the elevator and the creep never asked me my name , just whos' insurance I had. I told him Wallet, he asked me again and I told him the same and said the money is in my wallet! He told me it would cost $1300 to put it in a cast and proceeded to put a full fiberglass cast over the wounds on my shin and heel with no way to check them! I woke up 10 days later screaming with my leg swollen and turning all kinds of ugly colors. Sally and I cut off the cast with tin snips and the wounds were infected. Sally scrubbed them out and put stuff on them and I got one of those velcro sport casts for my leg. In 3 weeks I could drag my butt out to my Peterbilt and get the clutch put down I went back to work but paid someone to load and unload. I had given $300 to that ortho and when his office called for the rest I gave him the number of my lawyer, (Sally) she told him as he covered the wounds and almost got me gangrene he would not be getting any money, unless he sued in which case he would be sued! Never heard from him again! Have fun
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #16538

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee is good this morning. Had a good rain yesterday so it cooled down quite a bit here in Yuma. Still warmer than home but the river sure did rise.

Suspension system is on it's way. Should be here tomorrow by end of the day. Frank came up with an idea to put the trail flag holder on to our spare tire so Jerry is heading out to pick up the pieces. Lloyd picked up the holder that allows you to put it on and take it off. So much of this is new to us and Lloyd has been a huge source of info. Thank you Lloyd for helping and educating us.

Tracy the Tracker is a 2004. She has a V6 and is a four door. She has some paint missing on the hood. Found that Napa has the matching paint so will order that when it is time to work on that.

If anyone is interested in reserving a site for M&G 2020 in St Ignace, please do so. Otherwise the saved spots will be available again for anyone coming there during that time. Otherwise I have to pay for a hold on them. They charge one nights stay and that can be refunded if you cancel two weeks prior to the dates.

Ron, Pebbles will be one happy girl in a week or so when you load her and her toys up. I think you will be too. She apparently thinks traveling with you is just dandy. She sure has turned out to be the right dog for you and you have turned out to be the right Dad for her.

Sun is trying to come out. Have a nice day all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #16539

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning,

Coffee is good this morning. Had a good rain yesterday so it cooled down quite a bit here in Yuma. Still warmer than home but the river sure did rise.

Suspension system is on it's way. Should be here tomorrow by end of the day. Frank came up with an idea to put the trail flag holder on to our spare tire so Jerry is heading out to pick up the pieces. Lloyd picked up the holder that allows you to put it on and take it off. So much of this is new to us and Lloyd has been a huge source of info. Thank you Lloyd for helping and educating us.

Tracy the Tracker is a 2004. She has a V6 and is a four door. She has some paint missing on the hood. Found that Napa has the matching paint so will order that when it is time to work on that.

If anyone is interested in reserving a site for M&G 2020 in St Ignace, please do so. Otherwise the saved spots will be available again for anyone coming there during that time. Otherwise I have to pay for a hold on them. They charge one nights stay and that can be refunded if you cancel two weeks prior to the dates.

Ron, Pebbles will be one happy girl in a week or so when you load her and her toys up. I think you will be too. She apparently thinks traveling with you is just dandy. She sure has turned out to be the right dog for you and you have turned out to be the right Dad for her.

Sun is trying to come out. Have a nice day all. Lynne
Lynn the Tracker is the Suzuki Grand Vitara. Here is a forums that I use for issues with Blue. https://www.suzuki-forums.com/
Old 11-21-2019, 10:21 PM   #16540

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening
'Bumbing Guy's,
got a call today for my cardio MRI that was schuled for tomorrow morning canceling it because of a problem with kidneys.

On a brighter note I found a roof leak on the PA. yesterday. Going to have to throw a tarp over her. Wonder what the neighbor's are going to say.
New plumbing is leak less and working great a lot more pressure.
Got the mowing deck off and getting ready to put the snowplow on. Let it snow let it snow.

Ice shanty and the old dodge 350,000 miles runs like a top.
Think I can get a spot in Yuma?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180211_143626_Burst01.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	267591  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:27 AM   #16541

First cup of coffee has been poured. Waiting got it to cool off a little. 33 with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 37 with partly cloudy skies. Lots of wind and a little rain yesterday. Lots of leaves on the ground. If it dries up a little may take mower out and mulch some of them. No other plans for today.

Tim, hope they get kidneys back to normal.

Prayers and best wishes to all.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #16542

Tim

If they expect you to spend so much time in the hospital ,,,the least they could do is put in a pond and stock it with lunkers for ya .
Now , go get you fixed !
Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #16543

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Evening
'Bumbing Guy's,
got a call today for my cardio MRI that was schuled for tomorrow morning canceling it because of a problem with kidneys.

Ice shanty and the old dodge 350,000 miles runs like a top.
Think I can get a spot in Yuma?
Bummer on kidneys!!!

Spot beside Ron is available.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #16544

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Went on another pathfinding mission yesterday with Lloyd and Frank. I think the Sunday group will be pleased with the results of the mission.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #16545

Good evening!!

Dang Tim, it just keeps coming! Hope kidneys get in order soon. Sites open on flathead, come on down.

Gordon's help navigating, exploring the desert has been great. Frank drove sweep in his new Jeep, great to have company, and the safety of another vehicle. The loop is over 60 miles long, at times we were VERY far from a road. A really nasty walk,,,,,, no cell service!!

Tomorrow morning the Yuma Balloon Fest takes off directly across the river from us. Take off is at dawn, 28 balloons expected.

Deb and I invited about 20 to our place for pancake breakfast at 8am. Everything is setup,,,, will be fun. Got 2 griddles, Gordon is going to help me flip.

Have a great evening all!!!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:11 PM   #16546

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Tim, the ice shanty trailer is very cool looking! It would almost fit in the back of the Dodge! Take care of yourself, buddy!

Sounds like the RE crew is having a great time off-roading! When I lived in Phoenix in the early 70's, we had dirt bikes, and I had a 65 Chevy van, so we would load the bikes in the back of the van, and off road out into the desert and the foothills till the van would not go anymore, then unload the bikes, and had a ball!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 11-23-2019, 02:04 AM   #16547

Happy Happy day!!

Got our HiLo back from the body shop. I will post a picture after we wash the mud off it. The parking lot at the body shop is full of mud and puddles. The newly painted front is so shinny..clear coat. Now the propane cover in front of it needs R&R. I wanted to price a new one,but couldn't find one on the internet. It would fit two 30lbs. tanks. Wondering if it came with this cover or was it an add on. Monday and Tuesday will be near50*.We will install some more LED lights and use double sided Duck brand tape to put some fabric in place. The fabric covers the stink pipe and a bundle of wires. Next up is putting the painted wire with new SS hardware strap back on the bumper cap. Time to take the battery out and put the winter cover on. The propane cover is fiberglass. DH is working hard at the neighbors. She tried to install a slated blind over her sliding patio door. DH had to take it down and start from scratch. He had to explain to her what a 2x4 stud is. Tomorrow he will put her washer and drier on a seperate line. Then a few more blinds to install. She wants to get a few new ceiling fans. Kinda like my brother'r house..only two fitits that multiplied to 11!!.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:58 AM   #16548

Drinking first cup of tasty coffee. 19 with clear skies this morning. Heading to 42 with clouds in afternoon. Looked at to-do list. Need to put new batteries in alarms and smoke detector. Should have done it when DST ended. Leaves have dried up enough to blow them away from house.

Tim, prayers and best wishes for better health.

Lloyd, pictures please.
Pancake breakfast. When I did that with one of my RV clubs. I was always warned not pat pancakes with spatula. Makes the tough. But that's the way I like them.

Ann, always a good thing fixing and helping others with their projects. Something I like to do.

Good Morning All.