RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-25-2019, 05:40 AM   #16563

Drinking first cup of coffee. 36° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 49° with mix of sun and clouds. GD worked at cleaning house yesterday. 4 hrs of steady cleaning. Not bad for a 15 year old. Shes a keeper. Saving money for a trip to FL during spring break.
Never got to blowing leaves. Need to get it done today or tomorrow before winter hit here again. Need to get some grocery shopping done and pick up new glasses.

Curtis, prayers and best wishes that recovery goes as well as you plan. My wife until the day she passes kept going having her iPad at her side 24 hrs a day. Hope you have something like that to keep your mind off the pain.

Tim, hope your got some fishing in and the fish were biting your bait.

Rail, how well do you handle unsupervised time.

Good Morning All.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2019, 05:47 AM   #16564

Curtis
We're all pullin' for ya !
Keep yer stick on the ice.....

Old 11-25-2019, 06:26 AM   #16565
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Curtis, Thoughts and prayers continuing!
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:51 AM   #16566

Lloyd, Dozer is a sensitive dog. He doesn’t like pain and he hates having his butt chewed. He’s probably the best pet ever when it comes to discipline.

All that to explain this. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that Dozer wouldn’t go back to bud’s with me, bud lives right behind me, we share 5 acres, I have 1.6 acres and he is behind me with a fifty foot easement along my west side. Dozer has always loved going back to bud’s to see what’s up. That was then. This is now, we hit bud’s property line or close to it and Dozer stops and won’t go further,

I figured he had went back there with me and while I was inside the mama cat had a discussion with Dozer about her place and her expectations of him respecting it. After holding the cat for about ten minutes inside bud’s house I went up where Dozer was waiting for me to get back to work on the barn. I took off my welding jacket and laid it down there beside him to smell the kitten. He took one whiff and walked away with his feelings hurt. I figure kitten reeked of the witch from the south. He wanted nothing to do with the jacket.

Curtis, double doggone darn that sounds like no fun at all. It sounds like write that novel you’ve always wanted to do time. If you’re not the television kind of sort like me then I suggest either an IPad Pro or competitor’s comparable product where you can get some of the housekeeping done on old photos, files, etc. You know, the stuff you you’ve promised yourself to get around to when you have some time.

Get rest and let your body do what it does best when it comes to healing. Stuff will wait, promise you.

Tim it sounds like you’ve got this winter survival thing figured out. You’re doing much better than me, I don’t like the cold at all and almost all of my fishing was keeping my dad company. It’s something he loved to do. I enjoyed albacore out of San Diego because the action can be breath taking. And I used to hike up hill two to three miles to fish with barbless hooks catching small trout in the mountains of Southern California, I think that was about the walk.

We hope to be in Yuma in three weeks, plus or minus.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #16567

Harv
Looks like Dozer doesn't have a very high opinion of you hanging with cats .
(my human has gone insane ...)
Old 11-25-2019, 09:01 AM   #16568

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another great day coming up.

Managed to replace some LED lights under the awning and slide. That was the task for yesterday.

Today is clean up of the lower patio in preparation for the Thanksgiving potluck. Will be soon moving to the lower patio as the temperatures approach the winter norms.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #16569

I have Samsung phones and a tablet, so I've got things to entertain myself with. After all I've been flat on my back for 9 days. I've been practicing.
We don't have cable TV here at home but can get all the movies I want to deal with through prime and nutflux.

I read a lot, mostly technical engineering papers, articles and DIY articles. Utube has some really great tutorials on it. Plus the Fail and amazing tricks people and animals can do videos.

I miss my shop, and have a tool roll in my office i made up for my wife to bring to me should I get so bored I find stuff to fix at the nursing home.

I literally can build airplanes in my shop. Or anything else that will fit through a 12' X 16' door.

I just miss human interaction ocassionally. Especially with like minded DIY Types such as myself. But I am a member of several forums where guys like me hang out, and they keep my brain from getting lazy. Now if I can just keep my body busy, within reason I'll be fine. Hence the reason I elected to do a Nursing Home/ Rehab Center.

I am all about the Adventures life throws at me.
This is just another challenging episode. In fact people tell me my life story would make a interesting book.
Case in point: found out in my last MRI that the bullet fragment that WERE in my arm have now disappeared. The MRI Tech and I had a "TOP THIS" Scar session that was kinda fun!
(Kinda like that Lethal Weapon Scene in the movie)

Just know I had hoped that my Cancer Battle was going to be my last big whooptie doo i was going to have to recover from.
This was a stupid accident that didn't have to happen. I had a much better safety belt i should have used! And had i drug it out none if this would have to dealt with, and my roof would have been fixed.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #16570

Good morning!

Harvey, Dozer is a smart dog!

Curtis, get well. Glad you are determined to get it all back together. But too much too soon can bite you. I had to learn that.

Working on my new Samsung tablet (replaced my old one a few days ago) and really like it. Purchased the samsung keyboard with it, very nice! Given I am now leading trail rides, I decided to use a back country application called Gaia GPS. Got it loaded, and watched a number of you tube videos on it last night. Downloaded some maps. The new tablet has 256gb of storage, expandable to 512gb. The application uses cell to track me, if cell signal is lost, automatically will use tablets GPS chip. Today I am going to make a run to Best Buy, they have a car mount for the tablet we can use on the trail. Once I get all this working, I can sit here and build a route via viewing the satelite maps and vrating points, Or I can go and record a route. Save them and name them, even share them. This will keep me busy for awhile.

As Gordon said, we have a 10am clean the patio meeting today. In prep for thanksgiving. However here in the desert, rain is forecasted for Thursday. May have to come up with plan B.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:02 AM   #16571

29* here at 5:45am. Supposed to be sunny and high 40s this pm.

Soaking up the "heat" !
Friday everything drops 10* .
Soon it will stay below 32* until spring
(late april - mid may?)
Old 11-26-2019, 05:39 AM   #16572

Need to pour first cup of coffee. 33° with some clouds this morning. Heading to 51° with possibility of rain in afternoon. Got leaves blown away from building yesterday. Also did some mulching with mower. But way to many leaves to mulch. Need to hook up Trac-Vac to pick them up today.
Got new glasses yesterday. Something in them made my eyes burn after wearing for a couple of hours. May take them back to Sams Club today. It was a mad house yesterday. Good place to stay away from if you can.

Curtis, glad you have something to keep you occupied while recovering. Prayers and best wishes for continued recovery.

Tim, hope you are out doing some fishing.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #16573

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Curtis - best wishes for a quick and total recovery.

Ron - sounds like they have changed your lens prescription too much. Could be straining your eyes to accommodate?

Cooling off here a bit. Looks like we will have to prepare for a wet Thanksgiving. About 40 people expected so finding cover for everyone is necessary. And have to keep the food dry is primary.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #16574

Good morning!

Cool 54* here, headed to 63*. Blue sky, no clouds.

The forecast for Thursday got worse in the last 24 hours, seems very likely it will rain during our thanksgiving event. However it did change so that Friday will be a sunny day. Wonder if we can delay the feast?

Ronj, we went shopping here yesterday, everywhere was crazy busy. Just is the season.

Purchased a tarp yesterday that can be used to add onto our awning. Have hooks in the track we can hook it to. But could not find plain old simple tent poles for the other end. Amazon has a few listings for them, like $25 for 2!!! A friend tells me the Mexican flea market here in Yuma has a place that selles them. Will need to check that out this weekend. I need 5 or so.

Tim you doing okay?

Curtis, how you doing?

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #16575
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi everyone,
Waiting on a Thanksgiving blizzard, no kidding....nothing on the ground right now though. Yay.
Bright side: Aquahot part came yesterday, got the burner assembly back together, ready to install anytime. Would have been done a week ago, but ran into a snafu getting the part, or any response at all from the business. They shall receive a review accordingly.
That's it for now, I'll check back in this evening.....take care all.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #16576

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
7-12 inches haha haha lolololol������������
Got her done today

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote