Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #155
bap

goodmorning all,,,,weather hasnt been bad,,,,,ALOT of non stop rain but temps have been in the mid to upper 50s with lowes in the mid 30s, but that pretty much the norm
we have had a few days with highs in the 20s but not many yet,,,,that usually happeens in january-the end of march,,,,,---except for last year stayed way below the freezing point and had several subzero days from late october-march...
no rain today but we will be inside all day my grandsons have basketball game at 1 and probably do .....the mall thing after...looking for a few christmas gifts for the DW,,,,they want to shop for there NAN after there game. thats what they call us NAN and BAP,,,hence my username..lol
everyone have a great and safe day...
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #156

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Me too Terry, but I didn't want to make everyone jealous with the 80* weather. I made a stand for my tree over the kingpin. My front opens up like an awning, so I have the tree then 2 strings of Santa Claus lights dangling between the king pin and the sides of the awning, The front of my rig is brightly lit, lol. This week is supposed to be cooler due to a cold front moving through, low 60's for highs and low 40's for lows, then back up in the mid 70's by Saturday, and I'm loving every minute of it.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #157

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Sitting here eating breakfast and drinking coffee, reading the threads on the forum, not a bad day, Frank I'll take raking your leaves then raking snow off the roof any day!! I had a metal roof put on a year ago, now the snow slides right off DW and grandaughter are putting up the tree.
The snow sliding off of the roof worked for a while. Last year there was some rain mixed in with the snow. When the roof slid it took the eaves trough off. Now there are ice rakes to solve that (and new eaves troughs). Just cannot win!! LOL
Old 12-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #158

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just When does a RV become old and when does it become vintage?
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #159

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
When we had the roof put on we didn't have gutters put on, so the snow can't take them off! but the snow, when it comes off it makes a sound like thunder . Then I have to shovel the decks off , still better then doing the roof.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #160

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Frank, what is all this talk about Snow and Gutters?? Hehehehehe!!!! Sorry, just could not pass that up!! Terry, you and Gordon, have fun up there in the cold country! I have dealt with all that too many years to count! Makes the coffee taste that much better!!
With that said, yes, the coffee is tasting very good this morning!
Doggy Daddy, I think 20 years old is considered vintage, and old is what you make of it!!
I have been online most of the morning talking with friends all over the world, Wow, the internet sure makes the world small!
Terry, the TH is looking very good inside, keep up the good work!!
Anyone heard from H.H.? And his new to him project?
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:54 AM   #161

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, I hate to complain, but its cold here this morning 5 degs as I type this. And tomorrow they have a weather advisery for ice and snow 12 plus inches Yuk, Rail I would rather be complaining of my sun burn. Doggy Daddy I agree with Rail. HH, we will need pics when that shows up in your driveway! Gotta go get another cup of coffee, have a good day!!
Old 12-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #162

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning all,
It is chilly here this morning, only about 60* and drizzling, and still loving every minute of it. Terry, You need to get Eleanor retired and get down to warmer weather, you will be amazed at how good you will feel all winter. Doggy Daddy, I agree with Rail and Terry. HH, we need an update on the new project.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #163

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, right now it looks like maybe three yrs before Eleanor can say take this job and.......... well you know. She was just promoted (year ago) to Coordinator from senior investigator in her unit, so she needs to stay for three yrs for her retirement to reflect the pay scale, plus she's not "old" enough yet. But she does have vacation days so maybe we can park in warmer weather and visit once and a while.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #164

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail - I am sorry but you really know how to kick a guy when he is chilly and freezing. LOL On the positive side I have found that I can sit outside with my beer and not have to worry about pounding it back before it gets warm! No mosquitoes either!!

We will soon be leaving for the 75 degree weather in Yuma. Have decided to stay here for Christmas with the family (50 degrees cooler). Time is flying so will not be long.

Terry - I agree with Frank. As an option till retirement you can park the trailer south for the winter and commute for holidays and vacation.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #165

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Rail - I am sorry but you really know how to kick a guy when he is chilly and freezing. LOL On the positive side I have found that I can sit outside with my beer and not have to worry about pounding it back before it gets warm! No mosquitoes either!!

We will soon be leaving for the 75 degree weather in Yuma. Have decided to stay here for Christmas with the family (50 degrees cooler). Time is flying so will not be long.

Terry - I agree with Frank. As an option till retirement you can park the trailer south for the winter and commute for holidays and vacation.
Gordon, I have this tennis racket looking thing that is rechargeable, see a mosquito, push the button and zap him! Works great! But you have me on the drink getting hot thing! for sure! Yuma is so nice in the winter, I had a house in Los Algodones, Mx. for 4 years, so I know very well, but it is way too hot in the summer there!! I saw 125 deg. in the shade there more than once! When we come in late March, we will be coming down to see friends for a day, so maybe we can meet up for breakfast? I know a great little diner that has killer food in Yuma! If you are still in town?
The coffee is tasting very good this morning!
Bap, this irv2 site IS very slow, because of all the data they have on it?
Be my guess?
Frank, that sounds cold for Florida?
Well, the treatments are going very good, no hair loss yet! Just a little tired! The 3D radiation is very good, as they target the specific area, not the whole body! Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #166

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Rail; We have the tennis raquet thing as well. We leave it at home. We find very few bugs in Yuma. Breakfast would be of interest. We have a site in the Rivers Edge Resort by Winterhaven.

Number of our friends are full timers there. They sunbird and spend the summers north. I have observed that none of them own a lawn mower. We have 5 acres here to cut.

Off this morning to find out what the colonoscopy found. Wonder if they will have a slide show? LOL. This was my first one and overall a much better experience than my imagination had worked up.

Supposed to be above freezing today. Forecast is for the rest of the week to be the same. Will be a while before I have wear socks in my sandals. LOL

Everyone have a grand day.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #167

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, well guys today is just nasty, started this am with freezing rain, about a 1/2", then it has changed to snow, expecting 16 "+ before its over on Friday. I really would love to be in warmer weather right now. Gordon hope your test came out ok. I need a cup of coffee, maybe with something in it...........
Old 12-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #168
bap

goodmorning all,,,hey gordan how did the show go ? i pray all is ok...
i have had one the worst is the day before.....aand i made the mistake of wanting fried pork chops the day after.....knowing now i would have been better off with mashed potatoes,,,or something soft....lol
bap is offline   Reply With Quote