Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2019, 01:09 AM   #16829

Lasagna report

I usually buy Genali sausage from Sam't club(mild) for my Lasagna. I was in Aldi so i bought the brand they carry. I couldn't believe it had no taste. When mixed with all the spices,ricotta and eggs it was passable. Don;t ever mention Lasagna to a dietician. Four cheese Lasagna is real bad. I don;t make lasagna that often. Years ago I was the charge Nurse on the midnight shift at a Nursing home. For the holidays i would bring a pan of lasagna and everyone would bring sides. While we were doing our bed checks one of my patients(diabetic) helped herself to lasagna.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2019, 03:02 AM   #16830

good morning back to you
skitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:48 AM   #16831

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
Now, I am not sure either.

One of the differences is size. The Hairy Woodpecker is larger (averaging 9.8" in length), with a longer bill.

The Downy length is 5.7" to 6.7".

How big is that suet feeder?

The red spot on the head indicates a male bird on both species. The females lack the red spot.
Suet feeder is a little over 6'. Rater than look at size. I looked at beak and tail. My picture does not have the black markings on tail like a Downy. Wish I could hear the bird sounds. But all the pictures are taken from inside house.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:16 AM   #16832

coffee is done brewing. 26° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 32° with mostly sunny skies in afternoon. Spent a good part of yesterday inventorying coins and money that we had save for many years. Face value of coins is over $200. Did not count dimes, nickles and pennies. Most of the coins are pre 1970. Taking them to a coin dealer today for appraisal. Need to restock bird feeder storage bins. That's a trip to Menards. I can do some grocery, pet and hardware shopping at one store.

Harvey, good story.

Ann, I dug down in freezer and found last package of Lasagna my wife made and froze. Sure was good.

Lloyd, Dr's always want you to do exercise/therapy before shots and chopping. Hope exercise works.

Charlie, I did the Cochise hike a few years ago. Very close to it is Amerind Foundation Museum. Some very good artifacts and art to see there.

Prayers and best wishes to all.

Good Morning All.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:03 AM   #16833

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Tim - glad you are getting to feeling better. The CBD/THC seems to work more often than not. We are able to get the 1:1 here and from what I can determine they enhance the effects of each other.

Lloyd - possibly some CBD will help with your elbow? Cannot hurt to give it a try as there seems to be little published about side effects.

Today is burn the clippings pile. Have burning permit in hand, a full tank of fuel in the tractor, perfect weather conditions and some motivation to get out into the outdoors.

Lights went up on the outside yesterday so getting in the Christmas spirit. Have figured out what to get our nephew who is extremely difficult to buy for so I am really close to being prepared. Feels strange not to be buying gifts on Christmas eve.

Tired to take a picture of the woodpecker that flits about our bird feeders but it is really fast. Seems to always land on the opposite side of the tree as well. Have to get the birding book out and work with that. Lots of chickadees though so there is lots of activity.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #16834

Gulf Streamers Club
Try Northern Flicker.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:12 AM   #16835

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
coffee is done brewing. 26° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 32° with mostly sunny skies in afternoon. Spent a good part of yesterday inventorying coins and money that we had save for many years. Face value of coins is over $200. Did not count dimes, nickles and pennies. Most of the coins are pre 1970. Taking them to a coin dealer today for appraisal. Need to restock bird feeder storage bins. That's a trip to Menards. I can do some grocery, pet and hardware shopping at one store.

Harvey, good story.

Ann, I dug down in freezer and found last package of Lasagna my wife made and froze. Sure was good.

Lloyd, Dr's always want you to do exercise/therapy before shots and chopping. Hope exercise works.

Charlie, I did the Cochise hike a few years ago. Very close to it is Amerind Foundation Museum. Some very good artifacts and art to see there.

Prayers and best wishes to all.

Good Morning All.
Ron I read your lasagna sentence to Glenda and it brought tears to her eyes.

The Bravada (Big Blue) is wintering in OKC. Niece hit a bump in the road and needed some wheels so we donated BB for her to use while we’re in Yuma. So this morning I’m driving Glenda around for some shopping in the truck Lucille. It is looking more like just after Christmas for our leaving for Yuma. Stuff keeps happening, life in the country this close to the city.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #16836

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Morning All! Weather is cool and raining here in Long Island. All excited as the new baseplate, towbar and rear trailer hitch got delivered yesterday for our new toad, (SunovaToad) 2015 Kia Soul. Not laying on the ground in the rain though! Sally is going to be mean as a rattlesnake today as she can't eat and has to drink all that stuff for her colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon. Oh well as long as everything works out and her surgery gets done and fixes her problem ,I will be happy! Sorry to say after 10-11 years our outside cat has gone to his final resting place, hope I go like he did he was curled up like he was sleeping peacefully! Wishing All of my friends here a Happy , Healthy and Prosperous Holiday Season and New Year! Merry Christmas!

'06 Itasca Sunova 8.1/4l85e, retired 90 Dakota Convertible Toad, 2015 Kia Soul (SunovaToad)
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #16837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Ron I read your lasagna sentence to Glenda and it brought tears to her eyes.

The Bravada (Big Blue) is wintering in OKC. Niece hit a bump in the road and needed some wheels so we donated BB for her to use while we’re in Yuma. So this morning I’m driving Glenda around for some shopping in the truck Lucille. It is looking more like just after Christmas for our leaving for Yuma. Stuff keeps happening, life in the country this close to the city.
Urgent Care X-Ray confirmed you know who cracked a you know what.

I hate it when that happens.

Three most painful injuries when it comes to good old fashioned irritation because everything you do makes it hurt.

#3. Broken thumb

#2 Broken big toe

#1 Broken rib
Old 12-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #16838

Made it home today.
Looking forward to sleeping in a comfortable bed.
Currently watching a movie on our big screen, sipping on a little wine and slicing some cheese and eating it on Ritz crackers.
If I just had a fire pit to sit in front of, tonight would be perfect.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:05 PM   #16839
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Made it home today.
Looking forward to sleeping in a comfortable bed.
Currently watching a movie on our big screen, sipping on a little wine and slicing some cheese and eating it on Ritz crackers.
If I just had a fire pit to sit in front of, tonight would be perfect.

Welcome home!

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #16840

Curtis

Fire Pit with Christmas Music
Old 12-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #16841

Hey Rail!!!! After our protest march thingy we went out and ate Thai

Glenda had green curry with chicken, I had noodles with beef, spicy of course
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	46F3403A-B9E8-4D86-9B28-CF5B5BF6E89C.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	269735  
Old 12-17-2019, 09:25 PM   #16842

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Harvey, Glenda looks very happy! Green curry with chicken is so good! Jira's mom makes it from scratch, with the "pistol and morter" it is sooooooo good!
As for the most painfull injury's on your list, check, check, check! Both big toes, and all of my ribs on one side but one!

RonJ, brought a tear to my eye too!

Curtis, Yeah, back home! Sounds like you are relaxing nicely!

Bobby, great news on the tow bar, baseplate, and hitch! Give Sally a really big hug from all of us!

skitches, good morning to you too!

Gordon, enjoy your wintertime Christmas at home!

CWK, really nice firepit! You too Popeye!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!