Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #1695

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Jay - good luck on the TS. Hope you are able to decide between the two of them if that is what you want.

Also good luck on the reality show angle. It would make some interesting watching to see disabled vets get a "first" chance at as normal a life as one could hope via becoming self sufficient through Liberty Farms.
The Kingsley was on a whim. Wasn't really looking for anything like that, but she is a beauty inside and somewhat unique. The TS, well, I never really looked at those before but the dealer called me about it, will take a look.

I think the reality show would be a hit. We will see. Those things can be a PITA too. I know the Harris boys on Deadliest Catch. My kids went to school with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good evening everyone,

Jay,
Good luck on looking for your coach, remember, if you loose one, it just wasn't meant to happen. Look at Lynne's, she waited and now they have the one that fits them.
Frank
I know about that one Frank. Been a few we missed along the way. I don't get too bunched about it. There have been a couple Magna's and another CC they we really wanted but they turned out to have some issues. When it's the right one we will prevail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Jay,

Go for it with the TV show. Advertise, advertise, advertise. It might just make this whole program explode.

I understand what you are saying about redoing old cars. Mine was redoing old houses. Love removing all the old paper to get to the actual plaster, skim coat it and smooth it down and paint it. Then redo all the wood and floors. Nothing prettier than old wood floors brought back to life but you probably feel that way about old cars.

Our son bought a badly abused old Craftsman. She was rough. He started stripping paper, working on it when he wasn't on the road. He would be out six weeks at a time. He was going so slow and I had a lot of time free in the evenings. I told him leave it and I would work on it. He came back after the first six weeks out and I had all the rooms stripped of wall paper and skim coated and painted. He was shocked. "Mom, it's too much work". I love doing this stuff I told him. Next six weeks he came back and I had redone both bedroom floors including replacing some of the wood. Couldn't tell where.

Lynne
I feel that way about old houses too Lynne. My first house back in 1984 was in Seattle, built in 1926 buy Norwegian carpenters. Still had the iron pipes, knob & tube wiring, original cabinets, octopus gravity return coal furnace converted to oil and even the original cabinets. Took me three years to restore that home. People said I was crazy stripping all those layers of paint off the brick fireplace and all the millwork & windows. All clear vertical grain Douglas fir. Stunning red brick. replaced all the plumbing & wiring, repaired all the lath & plaster walls, refinished all the hardwood floors and added a black walnut/cherry/oak/cherry/black walnut border that followed the walls about 10" out from the edge. Much more, but dont want to bore the rest of the clan. Ever watch Rehab Addict?

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2015, 12:32 PM   #1696

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
The Kingsley was on a whim. Wasn't really looking for anything like that, but she is a beauty inside and somewhat unique. The TS, well, I never really looked at those before but the dealer called me about it, will take a look.

I think the reality show would be a hit. We will see. Those things can be a PITA too. I know the Harris boys on Deadliest Catch. My kids went to school with them.
I too like the Kingsley because of the unique aspects of it. Really like the garage. Thinking about the long overhang I would think there could be some issues with porposing in any trailer you attached to it. We have significant issues with the bikes in the 5er because of the overhang.

What a small world. I really like Deadliest Catch. It has lots of drama without the "we are not going to finish in time" that seems to be present in most of the renovation shows. The son of one of our friends in the RV resort may have worked on the Harris boat. He did say which one it was but I disremember which it was.

Although it would/could be a PITA I concur with Lynne that it would give you invaluable exposure. Very few things that are worthwhile come easily or cheaply.

Curtis - have you ever thought of planting Wild Rice and harvesting with an airboat? We are going to do some selective cutting today as most of the lawn is dormant except around the fruit trees. Going to have to water to keep the dust down.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:12 AM   #1697

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Jay, I too, was looking at the Kingsley a week or so before you saw it! Being a old trucker, it sparked my interest. The KW T-2000 was a good truck, but the rear suspension was not the best, why I told you to have it checked out by a good shop! The C-15 Cat was a very good motor, but they were heavy! It did have a very good look about it, and the coach part was stunning!
I jokingly sent it to a friend of mine that still hauls slot machines, thinking you could strap quite a few in the garage area, and really travel in style! Not at all practical, but in fun!
The TS's seem like a very well built coach, I guess the predecessor of the Entrega.
Like everyone has said, if it is right, you will know it!
If you like the TS's, do a search on RVT.com, there is a 2006, in Ca. for 109,000$ Seemed very nice, but as you say, the pic's can be deceiving!
The dealer that has our coach for sale on consignment has a older Monaco, that has a brand new 12K gen. and looks very nice? Sunland Sales, Glendale, Az. Ty is very honest and a straight shooter, and will not try to hide anything, and will tell you like it is! Rare, in the RV sale's now days! Do not know what you are looking for exactly, but I am always looking for the good deals! It keeps me entertained!
The coffee is tasting very good today! Rail!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 AM   #1698

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning All,
Gordon,
That sounds about right on the prices, sounds like you are in a nice place.
Jay,
The TS are well built units, if memory serves me today(sometimes that is a bit sketchy) they are out of business, but other than front and rear caps, most of the other stuff can be gotten from about anywhere if replacement is needed. So if it fits your and Patty's taste, go for it.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #1699

Good Morning! Hoping today goes better than yesterday!

First off, 11 days ago I had a flat on my Kawasaki motorcycle, so after some difficulty I fixed it! (Long Story)
Then yesterday I take that same bike and head into Fort Worth to spend the day with the Grandson. Along the way there I decided to swing by my local motorcycle shop and pick up a new inner tube to replace the one I used to repair the last flat 11 days ago. And wouldn't you know it? I had another flat on the way there. ( I won't use patched tubes in my motorcycle tires. Too Dangerous!)( I usually carry spares on my motorcycle for roadside repairs)

Ended up spending ALL DAY getting home where I can fix the second flat. (Roofing nail)(remember I used the spare tube already) It's 90 degrees here in the afternoon so I was wiped out by the time I got the flat fixed again.
Never did get to see the Grandson.

Going to go out and mow all the dry high ground I can cut without sinking in the mud while it's still cool, and then head down to Fort Worth again to spend time with Andrew. Fingers crossed my Mower diesn't have a flat!

And to make it more intimidating, I've got to put new tires on the Big Yamaha before I can ride it. So I'm going to have to take the same bike I've been having all these flats on, again. ( and to rub salt in the wound, this bike has new tires on it less than 8 weeks old.)
I'd drive my pickup, but this is motorcycle weather, and I'm not going to cage it when it's a perfect day for a scooter ride. And there's a nice motorcycle road to visit the Kiddo. Lots of turns and nice scenery!
Worse comes to worse I'll get the Ducati out and ride it!

Coffee was good this morning, even if I did make it Tuesday!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #1700

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning everyone.

Enjoying my coffee and my fav radio host on a podcast of yesterdays show. Just finished that up.

Rail - Thanks for that info about the rear suspension on the T2000. The Super C's are cool and you know the chassis will go long past your lifetime. The only thing I dont like about this class is the basement is a bit short on storage. But with a stacker behind it I suppose it doesn't matter unless you leave the trailer behind. Looked at Sunland, didn't care for that one but they have some other stuff there worth looking at.

What we are really looking for?
40-45'
500+ hp
Tag Axle
10K+ hitch
Aquahot
4 slide (pref HWH)
Washer & Dryer (not the combo)
Dish Drawer
Residential Fridge
Front Galley (not req)
Gas range & oven
Pass thru bays
10K+ Genset
Enclosed awnings

Monaco
HR
Beaver
Country Coach
Newmar
Travel Supreme (now)

Budget is sub $150K. Will go more for the right coach, but not much more. Not willing to put all my cash into one or take on a mortgage. Love the new stuff but 3-500K is not in the cards for us. All of these brands have great reputations and are very well built.

Not as concerned about cosmetics as much as solid chassis and no leaks. I can make things pretty. Want office space as opposed to 2nd sofa. But would likely redo it with the office design I have come up with on my own. Will likely add an island in the galley, permanent or locking cart. We love to cook and most coaches have a serious lack of counter space for prep.

Frank - TS was snapped up by Jayco just as it was about to go under (2008?), re-branded as Entegra Coach and moved "up market" and I have read they completely redesigned the coaches, not just re-badged them. They are outside our budget.

Gordon - I suspect you would be correct about proposing if there was much weight in that garage/tail area. Would definitely need a Trailer Toad to smooth out the trailer ride. Takes the down force off the coach too. But it looks like that unit is gone anyway and I suspect we wont be looking for something similar.

Curtis - You need some run flats on that scooter. Ducati? Dang son that would be my first choice.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #1701
bap

gooodmorning gang,,,even though its 9pm,,,,lol

my first chance to get online in a while,,,,,the DW and i went and checked out a few tt,s today,,,an argosy,trotwood,shasta and the one debbie fell in love with was a nice hi-lo,,,,but the fella said that it had already sold,,,she was heart broke about that but im sure we will find a cure for her sooner or later,,,,lol..

ive been busy reworking the landcommandor even though nothing wrong with it debbie just wants to change it up a little,,,then were still working on the winnebago tt, and another old tt,,,debbie wont let let me talk or show anything about that one yet,,,,lol...

happy to hear everyone is well and curtis is drying out dwn there in texas,,,,we know about flooding all to well,,,our little town all but washed away a couple years ago 2 times in one summer....

.....catch ya latter guy,s and gals....
Old 06-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #1702

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Curtis,

Be careful on those bikes. Glad you have had a stop in the rain. In no time at all you will have to mow your lawn every week. Bet you can't wait.

Well, Jerry got the plumbing issue fixed. NO LEAKS!!! Yeah!!!! He replaced the city water supply, valve was broken, replaced every washer he could find, and that 24 inch piece of pipe the PO had cut out, oh and the valve to fill the water tank on the rig from the city water supply.

Put everything back together, turned the water on, and everything stayed dry except he inside of the plumbing just like it's supposed to. Another thing off the list. I started removing stickers they had all over the MH today. Got them off, got the glue off, and it looks better.

Washed out the basement bays and frames, washed and treated the tires, and started on the bugs we picked up on the way home. Would think with all the rain that it would be clean but that MH is dirty!

Haven't gotten on the roof yet but if weather permits, Saturday will do that. Need to wash the whole thing on the outside then wax. Carpet looks great though ! Almost all the stains came out or faded pretty well. Got about 20 lbs of dirt out of the carpet I think. WOW, was it dirty! It now feels good on bare feet.

Well, hope you all have a great day, stay dry or get wet whatever you need in your area. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:41 PM   #1703

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good evening all,
Curtis,
Sorry to hear about the flat tires. but at least you got home safe and sound, although a bit flustered.
Jay,
Best of luck on finding your coach, hope that you find it soon.
bap,
Tell Debbie that we all want to see both of your handy work as you are doing it.
Lynne,
Glad you got the plumbing fixed and that it is all dry, and you got the carpet cleaned.
We bought a Bissell spotbot with a 6" attachment for the hose to do ours, that way we can use it in the small places that you can't get an upright cleaner in. We use the attachment hose more than the spot part, the water is pretty bad even though we do it 2 to 3 times a year. Did you get the vacuum lines changes yet?
Have a good evening everyone,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #1704

Newmar Owners Club
Drive careful. Don't be in a hurry. All will be good
Ron & Kerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:37 AM   #1705

Morning All! Lynne you sound like your getting into your toy more each day , good! Going to the shop today, have a storefront door being delivered and have to make the frame up for the window to go with the door. Then cut the glass. It's all good, as we are trading the storefront for the restoration of the wood floors in one of the rental houses. I wish I could get more bartering done as seems each day our Government wants to know more and more where we keep and spend what we earn! Have a Great Day! Bobby
Old 06-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #1706

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Coffee was great this morning. Janet is at a Red Hat convention so I am unsupervised again for 3 days. Woke at 4:30 and up at 5 so there goes the lolly gagging around I was planning to do.

Am starting to pack for the trip down to pick up the coach. Leaving Monday early and hope to be there in 2 or 3 days. Looking forward to the trip and getting back in the coach.

Had a brief thunderstorm last night. Dropped about 1/4 inch so will be out watering today.

Glad the carpet cleaned up as well as it did for Lynne and Jerry. May take some of the pressure off to replace it in the short term. Sounds like the rest of the repairs are coming along really well. They will have become experienced RV'ers in gig time.

Have a great day all. Off to water some plants.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #1707

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

What a glorious day! I made it another year and get to celebrate

Patty and I are going to see Jurassic World in Imax 3d today.

Later I will enjoy a cigar I have been saving and break out my best single malt for a wee dram. Looks like perfect weather for sitting out on the deck tonight.

This next year will be filled with excitement and the joy of serving others. We will meet all (or most) of our new friends from iRV2, break bread and tell stories.

It's the year we break free of the S&B and it's mortgage. The year we realize our dream of hitting the road in a Class A.

It's a good day to be alive.

Have an awesome day.

PS, Dunkin Doughnuts is handing out free doughnuts today. Get some and celebrate with me.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #1708

Good Morning! You remember that 2 day old Coffee I had yesterday? Well I had some more this morning. Drown it in enough sugar and creamer and it taste good!
I love my microwave!

Lynne, I can't tell you how relieved am I to hear all the great progress you and Jerry have made with your Coach repairs. It was in good shape before, for it's age and price, and after you finish your list it will be in great shape. I can't wait to hear about your first "Retired Trip" in it. I'll bet Jerry pleased to have that plumbing issue out of the way.

When you were here I mentioned the Wingaurd replacement digital tv antenna for the top of the Bus. You'll need it for the flat screen TV's you will eventually install in the Coach for free TV. Winegard Rayzar Air - RV HDTV Antenna, RV Antenna
This one bolts in place fo the Bat Wing Antenna Part that's up there and uses the same arm to raise it. They are only about $50.

Unless you plan on getting a DISHTV for the Satelitte Antenna that's up there or just DVD Movies exclusivily.

I got most of the yard mowed yesterday! Had to leave some of the swamp as it is because my riding mower just wouldn't cross the slime. So our Mosquito Badmitting Game will be in full swing this Summer. Our rackets have bug zappers built in them and the noise they make when they ZAP a bug is how we keep score.

But it took so long to mow and the yard is so rough that my back is fubar for the next few days. Melissa has donned her flip flops and waded off into the mud and rocks to pull weeds in the early morning. Gotta admire her dedication.

Talked to my local Motorcycle Shop about mounting and balancing the new tires on the big Yamaha. Sounds inviting, but this wil be a first for me.
I have NEVER paid anyone to mount my scooter tires. But, with my back out right now it may be the smart move.

Well I'm going to go up to the gym and hang upside down from the Roman Chair and see if I can get this "Z" out of my back!