Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:49 PM   #1709

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Curtis,
I have to disagree with you on the replacement on the batwing, That is what I have and it works fine, the newer ones don't work as well, a couple people at the park tryed them and took them back, the old batwings still work the best. Sorry to hear about your back, hope that the Roman Chair fixed you up.

Jay,
Happy Birthday Buddy, Hope that you had a wonderful day, and many more of them from here.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 10:15 PM   #1710

Winnebago Owners Club
Happy Birthday Jay. Hope this the 16 anniversary of your 29 birthday? Or less!! Hope you had a great one and many more to come.

Curtis - sorry to hear about the back. I know it can be painful and hope the pain does not last for long.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:24 AM   #1711

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone!
Happy Birthday Jay! Have a great day!
Glad Lynne and Jerry are getting their baby lined out!
We stopped at the Army base today, and are getting the pickup her spa treatment! They do a fantastic job of cleaning her inside and out! The cost is 180 baht/6 dls!! We go to Sukothai tomorrow, for our yearly family get together! It is a lot of fun, and really good food!
We used the regular bat wing antenna, and a converter box, and it worked very good in our MH!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-06-2015, 05:33 AM   #1712

Morning Everyone. Well looks like a change of plans for us, I was going to install my barter storefront today, but it's raining so I guess I'll just go scrape some more tile and goo off our wood floors! Have a great day and oh Happy Birthday Jay! Reminds me I better go get Sally something nice, hers is on tuesday. See ya all later, Bobby
Old 06-06-2015, 05:38 AM   #1713

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Bobby, what happened to our beautiful weekend ! they were predicting a great day and its raining ! oh well. Jay happy birthday.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:52 AM   #1714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Bobby, what happened to our beautiful weekend ! they were predicting a great day and its raining ! oh well. Jay happy birthday.
TV says it is gonna clear up and be 77, so we will see? Bobby
Old 06-06-2015, 06:59 AM   #1715

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Happy Birthday Jay. I too hope that it warms up as I plan on washing the MH. Good coffee today.

We woke up to flashing lights this am. A State Trooper car in front of our house blocking the road, one further down the road just past the intersection, and another on the T road from us. They are turning all traffic (including semis and this is a narrow two lane country road) around. There is a car in the tree just past the T road. Looks like they either fell asleep or missed the turn. Either way, they have been there since before 5am and it is now 8am and the ambulance just got here. Accident reconstruction crew was here so there is a DOS (dead on scene) in the car.

Hope everyone else's day turns out much better than this person's family will. Prayers to them for what they are about to face.

You all have a great day! Keep it safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #1716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Curtis,
I have to disagree with you on the replacement on the batwing, That is what I have and it works fine, the newer ones don't work as well, a couple people at the park tryed them and took them back, the old batwings still work the best. Sorry to hear about your back, hope that the Roman Chair fixed you up.

Jay,
Happy Birthday Buddy, Hope that you had a wonderful day, and many more of them from here.
Frank
Are you saying you're using the Batwing for digital TV? My metal shop may be my problem but I've never heard anyone say they used the old bat wing with any success for digital. Maybe I'll try it outside the shop.
VERY INTERESTING!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:54 AM   #1717

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Yes Curtis, my batwing works on my digital flatscreen. They make a little addon that some people use, but mine is the one that came on my unit. I have noticed that the range is around 50 miles though, it is hard to pick up channels beyond that.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #1718

Good Morning all. I'm being rude and typing this at breakfast with the guys. But I has to tell ya'll we are watching small planes land out here and then we had a hot air balloon come drifting down the runway like he was going to land.
Pretty cool and different.

Shame about the driver Lynne. I pray he was alone and no one else died with him. Driver Error Deaths should never be a group participation event.

Jay, Happy Birthday! May you live one minute longer than you want!

Oh and the restaurant coffee and French Toast was GOOD this morning.

Back is tender but better.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:44 AM   #1719

Winnebago Owners Club
In theory you should be good with a batwing if your TV is digital. If you have an old CRT TV you will need a converter to watch TV. All stations broadcast digital except if you are close to Mexico. Then you can still pickup the old signals.

Had to take the tractor in yesterday for some work. The PTO switch is intermittently turning on and off. Bought a switch but could not get the old one out. Tractor is still under warranty so after trying to get the old switch out for a couple hours I hauled it to the dealer. I now have tractor separation anxiety!

Going to be a lovely weekend, but no rain. Still watering like crazy trying to keep all of the important things hydrated. Lawn is really dry, it crackles when you walk on it. Only thing growing is the dandelions so easy to spray them - see something green in the lawn, spray it.

Everyone have a great day and a wonderful weekend. I am unsupervised for another 2 days!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:10 AM   #1720
bap

JAY,HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY,,,,HOPE U HAD A GREAT DAY!!!!

LYNNE,, our prayers are with the family of the person or persons involved in the accident....,,

CURTIS,,,,I KNOW ALL TO WELL about the back pain,,,hope ur feeling better...

coffee is good this am as i sit here nursing a fractured ankle,,stepped off the tracktor while bush hogging and snap it went,,,layed beside the running bush hog in the fetal position crying like a little girl for a few minutes untill i could get back up...lol...-------i know u should always shut those things off when getting off a tracktor but u get use to it when u do it hundreds of times a year---reminder to self--no matter what always shut it dwn when getting off....
hope and prayers to all this day....
Old 06-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #1721

Winnebago Owners Club
Mr BAP - Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope recovery is quick. Stuff like this never happens at a good time.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #1722

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bap, so sorry to hear of your accident, if I lived closer I'd come over to help out, hope you heal fast!!!

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote