Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #1723

Retired Fire Service RVer's
bap,
Sorry to hear about your ankle, hope everything mends ike it is supposed to and that you don't have any pain.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #1724

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning

Thanks guys & gals.

Was not able to see Jurassic World as the release date is NEXT Fri.

Everything else went to plan.

Gordon - I like to say I'm 30 with 25 years exp.

Bap - OUCH!! Gotta watch that first step, it's a doozy. Speedy recovery my friend.

Hope you all have a great day

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #1725

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wash the rig today

Bap,

Sorry about your ankle. Last thing anyone needs.

DOS this am was from Indiana. He swerved across road, apparently tried to recover and swerved back and right up into the tree, around it, tore the engine out of his car, and hit another tree. Very short brake pattern on the road. Front and top of car mostly gone and he was decapitated. Nasty situation. He had to have been moving. I can't believe we never heard this.

So, I have an old TV. Will replace sometime but not in a hurry. Think rather than buying a converter though, I will get a smaller TV for the bedroom (bdrm TV was not there) and use it until we get the other out and replace it. I have both the batwing antenna and the satellite system.

Did get the rig washed today though. Man was it dirty. I don't think the roof has ever been washed except by rain, and the awning the same thing. Looks sharp now though. Don't know when I will get the opportunity to wax it, but will eventually.

Otherwise, hope you all are doing fine. Take care of your ankles and backs, and yourselves. Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH Dirty Roof.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	96366   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH Clean roof 2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	96367  

Click image for larger version

Name:	MH Awning.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	96368  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:35 PM   #1726

Well had a couple hour break in the rain, did my storefront, now it is nice out and I feel like going to bed, too nice for that or i'll be awake at 3am and Sally will Kill Me! Going into the garage to hide! Bobby
Old 06-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #1727

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne and Jerry - that roof looks new!!! Well done! Probably a lot of economical TV to be had during Black Friday. Does not seem to be a lot of demand for the smaller 19 - 30" sizes so they do not sell out right away.

Just noticed the shine off of the front wheel. Impressive looking rig.

Bobby - will a short nap hurt?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #1728

Lynne,
Nice job on the wash job, you made the roof look like new, the rest of the rig looks good too.
Frank
Old 06-07-2015, 12:57 AM   #1729

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
WOW!!

Lynne & Jerry that roof looks good as new. Well done.

Been darn warm up here the last few days. Managed to get a lot done today in spite of it.

Getting kinda late here. See you for coffee
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:27 AM   #1730

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Bap, How's the ankle doing? Bad situation there but it will heal, just put a damper in your plans for the summer. Right or left? Can you still drive your tractor with it? Hope it is better with a cast my friend. Hate to hear you hurting.

Coffee is good. Had some toast too which took the pangs off a bit. Surprised I am not more sore this am after all the work yesterday, but doing ok. What wax do you use on your roof and what on the sides? Do you have a favorite? I have to pick something up because I only have car wax and not sure I should use it.

Otherwise, you all have a great day! Hope you get the weather you need, have the fun you want, and get a hug from someone you love. Lynne
Old 06-07-2015, 05:52 AM   #1731

Lynne,
I couldn't tell weather you have a fiberglass or rubber roof. I have rubber and all I do is wash it with dishwashing soap, they make a protective coating, but I have never used it. I do this twice a year and seems to work out well. I use car wash soap on the sides of the unit and Mequire's spray wax.I used the paste cleaner wax the first time to bring back the shine, since then, just the spray wax.
I don't know what to use if the roof is fiberglass.
I had toast with peanut butter on it this morning as a treat, I usually only have coffee.
Frank
Old 06-07-2015, 07:16 AM   #1732

Good Morning$

BAP, I hate to hear the news about the ankle. Gonna be a bit*h to heal at our age. But at least you didn't fall onto the spirit nine PTO shaft. That would have wrapped you up like a donut twist.
I leave my motor running when I get off my tractor but disengage the PTO for safety sake. I never understood why they make tractors so hard to dismount. Mine is a real exercise in contortionism.

Speaking of donuts. I forgot to get mine yesterday
Got out of the habit of eating them since they are now the price of Kugerands.

Took a nice long ride around Lake Bridgeport yesterday to see the flooding and water level.
My favorite County Camping park is half under water. Still some good places to set up a tent but the picnic tables are under water. The lake is closed to boating, but a lot of people were there fishing from the banks. Didn't see anyone catch anything. The spillway is running wide open.

My back is better. Got the Z out of it.
Lynne, the cleaning job has really made a big difference. Now all you need is a 2nd story room so you can admire your work. (Inside joke guys!)

Boy, I wish you guys were closer to Texas.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #1733
bap

thanks for the well wishes,,,but im carrrying on,,,dug up sewer line yesterday ,,,left ankle the clutch foot,,,lol....ibprophen 800s and im good,,,lol...

lynne, roof looks awsome....

gotta run to the hardware store after this cup of coffee,,,,,
....everyone have a safe and wonderful day.....
Old 06-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #1734

Winnebago Owners Club
Does not sound like the ankle is slowing bap up at all. Whatever you do bap follow the Dr orders. It would likely get you the best outcome both short and long term, but you already know that.

Lynne there is a thread about finishes and polishes on the forum. Don't remember the name. Someone mentioned they use ZEP floor wax from my recollections. I did not use anything on the TPO roof on the 5er. I have changed it to EPDM and have not done anything with it so far.

Something fascinating about water and flooding. Amazing how much damage it can do yet a year or two after most of the signs will be gone.

Years ago I was managing a road district. There had been a series of storms and thunderstorms that had soaked the ground and was now causing high runoffs and flooding. While out inspecting the roads came upon a culvert that was plugged and the water was running over the road. The backed up water was flooding a farm site. The kids were canoeing through the sliding patio doors into the house. Called for one of our loaders to take the road out. Turned out the farmer had done some clearing and had pushed the brush and trees into the creek, which is what plugged the culvert. Visited the farmer a couple months later. They had repaired the flood damage on the house and were busy dragging what was left of the brush and trees out of the creek and properly disposing of it. We had replaced the culvert and filled the road back in.

Curtis - I quit eating donuts cause they jump in my mouth and go straight to my tummy. Got a new suit the other day as the old one was a bit tight. LOL - I went from 32 to 36 without a pause at 34!

I cannot get off of my tractor with the PTO engaged or in gear as the tractor will shut off. Have thought about bypassing the safety features but decided there was not enough benefits compared to the risk.

Going to try to transplant some raspberry canes today. Young couple next door are trying to get a garden going. We have lots of volunteer canes growing in the lawn that I purposely mowed around. I think we will be lucky if half of them take but it will not take long for the ones that take to start spreading.

Off to do some transplanting. Everyone have a great day.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #1735

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

How do you tell if it is fiberglass or rubber? I can't find anything in the paperwork that tells me and remember that I am a newbie here so please enlighten me. It still has a lot of spots on it but it came up pretty good. I need to know if I should treat it or not.

Also, I will need to remove the oxidation from the gel coat prior to waxing. Did a small part of rear end and it really highlighted how much it has oxidized. Needs more than wax. I think I might take it to Camping world for a spa treatment. Not sure I want to tackle this. It will wait a bit, it looks as good as it's gonna get for now.

Got to get to studying now, have a good one. Lynne
Old 06-07-2015, 02:12 PM   #1736

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - the brochure for the 2004 Sunova says it is fiberglass. It is on the website, bottom of page 8.

Rubber will have a pebbly look and will feel like rubber or plastic when you touch it.