Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #1751

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Just popped in to say hi. Busier than a one armed paper hanger. I know some of you are too. Stopped by Terrys rebuild. WOWser!

Lynne - there's a lot a pretty country out your way close by for that first short trip.

Frank - At least the pump is an easy fix and as RV's go, cheap. Think I would want a higher pressure pump too if one could be had.

Well, will check in come morning and see whats new.

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #1752

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening all;
Janet and I are in the coach in Yuma. Drove down in 2 1/2 days. Trip down was good.

93 here with 85% humidity. Rained yesterday. A/C is running and coach is starting to feel quite nice. Lots of stuff to do to get the unit ready to move, then we are heading back home.

Frank - when our water pump went we changed to a variable speed high capacity pump. Not much more and now there is water pressure.

Have a great evening.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:45 AM   #1753

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hello everyone, Just popped on to say hi! Coffee was very good today!
Gordon, bet you are glad to be back in your coach! 93* with 85% humidity is like over here, only cooler!
We are getting our afternoon shower, cooled off nice!
Terry is cruzing along at record speed!!
Lynne, good advice on the camping in your driveway, but you have already done the initial camping in your baby, so know what to expect! There are some great camping spots in Mi., so many it would be hard to chose! I always liked up by Travers City area. Duck lake, Petoskey stones, fishing, and such! My uncle had a cabin up there, so have some fond memories from up there!
Well my MH has a buyer, so sale is pending! Guess I will have to find another one for our next trip! I will not be in to big of a hurry to find it yet though, as our next trip won't be for awhile.
Curtis, look what I found a pic of today My 1965 Chevy van! Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Click image for larger version

Name:	65 Chevy Van.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	96897
Old 06-11-2015, 06:11 AM   #1754

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Glad that you got the radio working and that it was just a reset, hope that the levelers is just the reset also.
Gordon,
Glad that you had a safe trip down to Yuma. The original pump was a ShurFlo 5.7 GPM model, of course they don't make that model anymore. the replacement is 4 GPM, but it is set for 55psi, so it actually works a little better than the original one, I will call the factory and see if I can get the repair part from them.
Rail,
I never had one of those vans, but it sure brings back memories.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:24 AM   #1755

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning, dry day today, had a tornado touch down a few miles from here, bunch of trees down not much else. Lynne, resets are good as long as it doesn't keep happening then its a pain. Gordon, glad you had a safe trip, now its packing up and moving again. Have a great day all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #1756

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning everyone.

Enjoying a steaming cuppa. Mmmm MMM Mmmm.

Early Dr appointment then back to work outside. Every day is one step closer to moving on. I'll miss this place, we raised our children here. Lots of memories. But we will be making lots of new ones on this adventure we are about to embark.

Rail - Congrats on the sale. I had one of those vans back in the day. It was my work truck. Great for hauling all my construction tools and keeping them under lock & key.

Gordon - Happy to read you made it to your coach. Life resumes eh? Have a safe trip back home.

Frank - Don't know if we will make Ohio before you leave but we will find you wherever you are. Everything is so fluid and changing every day.

Life is good, all is well. Have a wonderful day.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #1757

Winnebago Owners Club
Moved the stacker from the storage yard to in front of the coach. Having a couple local fellows wash the coach, car and stacker tomorrow. They do a really good job and charge a very good rate.

Interesting towing the stacker with the SUV. The stacker is right at the limit for the car but I am only going about 1/2 a mile and it is at really slow speeds. The interesting part is the three speed bumps between the yard and the coach. When the first set of axles on the stacker hit the bump the stacker lifts the back of the car about 8". So we go from fairly level to a nose down situation very quickly. Then the center axle hits and we are lifted slighly in the back and then returned to level. When the third axle hits the bump the back of the car drops down a couple inches.

The trailer is in position for tomorrows washing and I am going to relax with the last of this mornings coffee.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:50 AM   #1758

Hey Gang, hope everyone is well! Have been busy on the rental house and have taken a new interest in my Glass shop. A long time friend of ours that worked for another shop for 20plus years has given up on them and has expressed interest in partnering! I'm goin to give it a whirl, but told him it must be flexible a sI want to start slowing down. He is older than I and his son works for his old company so we'll see, he wants to use his contacts to build something up for his son, which is what I was trying to do for Sally's grandson, till he quit by doing his suicide thing. I told him the max is 3 years and I'm out, Sally will pop in and do some paperwork , but we gotta go! Wish me Luck! Bobby
Old 06-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #1759

Bobby,
Hope everything works out for you, and you get to retire in the 3 years like you want.
Gordon,
Sounds like you are having a very busy week, but a lot of fun getting the rig ready to head north.
Jay,
We will be around the area most of the summer, Oh, Pa, upstate NY and Mi, so we will be able to meet up somewhere in the area when you get here.
Terry,
Glad that the tornado missed you.

Went golfing yesterday, had a nice 9-hole course not too far from the CG. Enjoyed it and will do it again next week. Today is dump valve repair day(YUCK). They say that the electric valves are non serviceable, but we will see, going to do the grey water valve 1st.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 06-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #1760

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Curtis, look what I found a pic of today My 1965 Chevy van! Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Attachment 96897
I looked for my pictures of my 68 Chevy Van but couldn't find them in this computer. Mine was painted with that same white stripe only it was mustard yellow when I bought it, only it had windows just in the doors.

But, I did find one of my 74 GMC short wide bed before I chopped the top off the cab. That's my daughter, way back when, posing in front of it one day at the airport before we went flying.

This one had the tilt bed and tilt front end with a 350 HP 4 bolt 350 with a Muncie 4 speed I got out of a 66 GTO. Notice the flush AMC AMX Door Handles. That truck was hard to put gas in quickly at the gas stations, because everyone wanted to stop me to look at it and talk my ear off.

(The EX burned all the pictures she knew I would want, when she filed for divorce to marry her boyfriend. So I have only the pictures I had in the glove box in the pickup and tool box left of all those years of racing and building Custom Cars and Trucks.)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 74 SWB GMC Hot Rod Pickup.bmp (896.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #1761

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone!! The coffee is tasting great today!
Curtis, great looking truck, I like all the little things you did to it, made it look great! Bet it was a blast to drive!
Here is a old 650 Yamaha I took in on trade, before I customized it. This pic was taken back when I was fresh out of college, how bout that hair cut? Notice the 63 Chevy and the 64 Comet in the back ground. The 63 was a 409, 4 speed, when I got it, but the block was cracked, (no antifreeze) so I built a 283 in my Automotive class in school to go in it! It was de-stroked with a 265 crank, bored 30 over, 327 double hump heads, put a 12 bolt posi rear with 4:11 gears, did away with the 2 piece drive shaft. It turned 14.23 in the 1/4 mi. not to bad for one of my first builds fresh out of college.
Curtis, when Terry starts on the CornFieldCaddy, we may have to take a trip up there? Just say'n! Rail!

Name:	650cc Yamaha, 63 chevy, 64 Comet.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	97111

Name:	63 Chevy.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	97112

Name:	TBT Pic's 63 Chevy.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	97113
Old 06-13-2015, 06:05 AM   #1762

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Rail, the pics are great , I had a 650 Yamaha too! Had a friend that had a 409 man that car would haul. I can't believe how much all of us have in common. Have a great day all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:19 AM   #1763

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Love all these old pics of your previous vehicles. I never was big on vehicles, couldn't differentiate one from another very well. If it got me there and ran well then I was fine. Dad did make sure that we knew how to drive properly, and change a tire, and check all fluids. He said if you're going to drive it, you need to know how to be safe.

Therefore, the MH goes in today for an oil change, fluids flush, cruise control fix, vacuum hose replacement, and see if they can get those wires back on the cig lighter, I cannot get my big hand in there. Radio is still working though. Reset did great!

Wish the reset had done as well on the levelers. We got the two front and driver's side back to go down. The passenger's side back is bent a bit and don't know if that is the problem. red lights flash when it is going down on all four jacks lights. Don't find anything about those lights flashing red, just the (parking brake) light flashing red when not engaged. Wish it had individual buttons for each leveler, Can you change the control panel to one that has individual and bi buttons?

Either way we have a appt with General RV on the 24th to get the levelers checked and the slide looked at. Have a weather stripping hanging down and concerned it is pulling out so want to check that. Can't get in there to do it myself. Went underneath and can't reach it. Hopefully they have a tool for it. $150 an hour. Wish I made that an hour.

Otherwise, coffee is good this am. Hope you all have a good day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:18 AM   #1764

Rail,
Nice '63, I had a '65 442 when I was going to college, had 308 gears and a close ratio 4spd, you didn't get into high until about 110 mph and it would pull to over 140 mph.
Lynne,
That hourly rate, is deceiving, used to be flat rate hour, and the tech would get 50% and the shop would get the other 50% to pay for the building, equipment, etc. Nowadays the tech is lucky to get 20% of the flatrate hour, and the greedy owner gets the rest. That's one of the big reasons you can't find many good techs at a dealer, the dealers don't want to pay the techs what they are worth, so the good tech's go out on their own or do something else.
Frank