Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:37 AM   #1765

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone.

Up early this morning to load the car in the trailer. Went in very nicely and all set to go. Hooking up and leaving tomorrow as early as possible.

At 9:30 the thermometer is showing 100. Pretty hot for us since we are not used to it. RV resort is very empty. Talked to the manager the other evening. He is really happy as 3/4 of the resort is yearly bookings.

Had the coach washed yesterday. Had 3 dove nests above the coach. Top was covered in dove poop, along with ficus leaves.

Coffee is tasting good. Had a break, now off to finish a few things and then have a nap.

Have a great day everyone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #1766

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is tasting very good today! Well, I am happy and a little sad, and MH-less! My MH went to a new owner, and I hope he/she or both gets as much enjoyment out of her as I did!
Terry, those 650 Yamaha's were very fast rev'ng motors, and you had to be carefull of over rev'ng and stretching the timeing chain! Don't ask how I know this! The TH is looking very, very good!
Frank, a friend down the street had a 65 442 also, very fast car! My 63 had 323 gears when I first got it, and it would fly down the road the same! Crazy, we thought nothing of going that fast on those tires back then!
Curtis, my ex did the same thing with a bunch of my motor build receipts and pictures too?
Oh well, I have a few "honey do's" to do, so better get at them! Everyone have a great day! Rail!

Old 06-14-2015, 06:27 AM   #1767

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Safe travels Gordon, enjoy your trip north.
Well, got the fuel pressure regulator on the truck yesterday, guy that was helping me knocked a banjo bolt off the firewall and do you think that we could find it, not on your life. spent 3 hours looking for it, never did find it. A guy up the road does a lot of sled pulling and always has duramax motors apart, so today I will see if he has one, if not then I will go to the GM dealer tomorrow. Of course it is where I can't put it back together until I get that bolt. Oh well, good thing that I don't need the truck for a couple days.
On a lighter note, coffee tastes good this morning, and no rain yet. the birds are chirping and the air smells fresh and clean.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:17 AM   #1768

Rail, would you believe I still have two of those old X'S 650 Ysmaha's
I street trackered one and plan to restore the second pne. Planning to re phase the crankshafts when I get some extra money. Already have a killer paint job done on the ST. My brother had a 2 door, no post, 63 like yours in white with a 283 2 barrel and three one the tree with red interior. I always lusted over that car. He sold it without even mentioning he was thinking of selling.

Lynne, if you unscrew the leveler control out of the dash, 4 screws, and unplug the power jack to the board in back of the control. Count to 10 then plug it back in you can lower the rear jacks together one time. Then the fronts can be lowered. But remember you have to be ready to hit the off button once the coach I'd level. Because the leveler won't turn off once you stop pressing the down button , like they are supposed to. Both jacks go down, I still have the impressions in the mud where they sunk in. I'm thinking the IC chip is FUBAR!

Woa, all that and I haven't even had my coffee this morning.

I have an interesting story from yesterday for the CLAY thread I'll put in after church.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:33 AM   #1769

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Enjoying my coffee this morning. It's funny, I didn't even drink this tuff 4 years ago and now I really enjoy it.

We reset the levelers and didn't have a lot of luck. Then thought we should check the level of the fluid and found what might be part of the problem. NOTE TO SELF: Check fluid levels in leveler tank prior to doing anything else with levelers. Had about 4 ounces in garage and it didn't register on stick. No messing with these again until we fill this to desired level.

Will we need to bleed these lines?

The MH is sitting at the Ford dealer in Chesaning to get the oil changed. Fluids flushed, cruise control fixed, a new thermostat, and those vacuum lines replaced. They were so brittle they need replaced from source so decided to let the pros do it.

Couldn't find anything on when last oil change was done so just decided to make sure all was ok. Having them do a diagnostic on the engine just in case. Should get the MH to where we don't have to worry about much with it and then can start enjoying it.

Hope you all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:47 AM   #1770

Good morning gang,
Coffee is tasting very good this morning. Found a correct size banjo bolt in my bolt box, remembered yesterday that I had put new bolts in when I changed the return line that was leaking last year, DUH, so it is back together and running good.
Heavy rain last night, glad we are sitting on high ground,looks like more today.
Lynne,
I don't believe that you will have to bleed the system, but the levelers should be all the way up when you fill it. Also make sure that you use the correct type fluid for your system.
Frank
Old 06-15-2015, 07:03 AM   #1771

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Morning fellow Java junkies!

I am relatively new to the forum but have been spending time reading and trying to add me two cents without stepping on big toes (can be a challenge at times! Lol).

Otherwise. I really like this forum. Full of great info and what seems to be great people. I too usually read something before bed and when I wake up. Saw this good mooring post in new threads and thought, "oh, I will say good morning too." I chuckled when I saw it began in 2014. It is well over a 100 pages and I felt compelled to read it all lol
Old 06-15-2015, 07:21 AM   #1772

Welcome to the group, glad to have new people join us.As you can tell by reading through, we have become like family on here.
Frank
Old 06-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #1773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramichi View Post

I am relatively new to the forum but have been spending time reading and trying to add me two cents without stepping on big toes (can be a challenge at times! Lol).

Otherwise. I really like this forum. Full of great info and what seems to be great people. I too usually read something before bed and when I wake up. Saw this good mooring post in new threads and thought, "oh, I will say good morning too." I chuckled when I saw it began in 2014. It is well over a 100 pages and I felt compelled to read it all lol

Welcome Steph and Eden. No doubt you've read that we are not all good typist. But we get our thoughts across! Sometimes I type on my I Phone, (which I hate to do) or my old computer with it's loose keyboard. (I never know what letter it's going to put up there.) So I try to proof read everthing I type, but there's always something I miss.

Wow New Brunswick! I'll bet you can almost see Ireland from your house!

When you get that big coach headed south drop into North Central Texas and sit a spell!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #1774

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks Franka548...I hear you...I am a member on a couple of other boards and you re right, you get to know each other pretty well after a few years and miss those that are no longer around :( It is true that sometime newbies can be a bit irritating and disruptive though! I consider myself a big Newfoundland Pup amongst some seasoned wolves. You prob just shake your head and think "well he is just a big dumb Newfie, can't really get mad at 'em"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Welcome Steph and Eden. No doubt you've read that we are not all good typist. But we get our thoughts across! Sometimes I type on my I Phone, (which I hate to do) or my old computer with it's loose keyboard. (I never know what letter it's going to put up there.) So I try to proof read everthing I type, but there's always something I miss.

Wow New Brunswick! I'll bet you can almost see Ireland from your house!

When you get that big coach headed south drop into North Central Texas and sit a spell!

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for the welcome...I do the same with my iPhone, big thumbs, bad eyes and a whatever attitude usually makes the initial post contain a bunch of typos which sends me back to edit!

Funny you would mention Ireland as I live in Miramichi NB, which just happens to be the Irish capital of Canada, lol

We will certainly make our way near you at some point... just make sure if you invite someone from the east coast of Canada you actually mean it...we show up and expect a kitchen party! Lucky for you we have our own accommodations or we would be crashing on your couch.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #1775

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

About to make my 3rd cup. Have been working on a synopsis for the LF program that we will send to House & Senate members in states/districts already on the list for veteran farms. They all love talking about their support for a cause that makes them look good in the media and we could use the exposure.

Patty is busy painting and decorating the S&B in final prep to sell it. I need to touch up a few spots outside and fix a few small things in the kitchen and family room.

I'll be making a trip to OK soon to haul a load of stuff Patty has decided she can't part with and all my shop tools. Having a cargo container delivered and will install some climate control on it so things dont get cooked, musty or rusty. Then hurry back to WA, do any last minute fixes, load up again and head back to OK to work on the LF project. Patty will stay behind until the house sells, staying at her folks place.

WHEW!!!
Somewhere in there we still have to find a coach.

Quote:

Some have ego's larger than their coaches.

Quote:
Welcome. There are some great folks in this group. OCD helps when you are reading 100+ pages of chit chat. Some funny stories along the way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Welcome to the group, glad to have new people join us.As you can tell by reading through, we have become like family on here.
Frank
We have become like a family here and I know I miss you all when I don't drop in and catch up. We really should start thinking about a rally for next year.

Have a fabulous day!!
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #1776

Steph and Eden,
We have a very close friend that lives in Amherstburg, Ontario that is from Newfoundland, in fact we all call him Newfie, so welcome to the family and I hope that you enjoy your time here. Also check out the thread on Harley1994 "Total Rebuild", it is amazing on what Terry and Eleanor are doing on that rebuild. If you have any questions or comments, just ask, if it is something that you don't want to put out in public, but still want to know about, just PM me and I will do my best to answer you.
Frank
Old 06-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #1777

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome Steph and Eden,

We have a great time around here and me being fairly new I can tell you these guys have been great helping us get our RV purchasing act together and helping us learn. Only stupid question was the unasked one.

Jay and Patty,

Won't be too long and you'll have your rig and not your house and helping all those veterans. It's gonna be buys but rewarding. Pace yourself.

I agree with Frank, look up "Total Rebuild". Great thread and many on this one also on that one. One big family. I am no longer the baby of the thread! Yeah!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #1778

Well not morning, but a good day afterall! Guess everyone is busy as all get out with the weather breaking. Can't believe no one has been to the CLAC'r thread in 3 days! Oh well , hope everything is going good for everyone! Working on my last 2 rooms of muck scraping! Hope to get the floor guys in by the end of the week. I'm out, Bobby