Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #1779

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning in the evening!, Everybody is so busy doing floors, building things getting ready to sell a house and we still all meet here most days . Everyone have a great night.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 AM   #1780

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning everyone! Just finished my second cup, looked up and its 12:41, so not morning anymore!
Welcome to the newcomers, and yes, it is camping season, and I miss it a lot!
Frank, glad you got your truck going, and had the bolt you needed, before you bought more! How it works for me, anyway!
Terry, you continue to amaze us all, looking good!!
Jay, have a safe trip to OK, and hope your house sells fast and for what you want for it!
Gordon, be carefull on your trip back up north!
Bap, have not heard much from you lately, hope your ankle is healing up fast!
Popeye, hows the workcamping going? Any pic's yet? Did you ever get level?
Everyone have a great day, Rail!

Old 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM   #1781

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang.
Thanks Rail, truck is running better, so it was a good move to replace the regulator.
Ordered new electric dump valves, so next week when they get here, I will change them out.
Rain off and on most of the day yesterday, still raining this morning, flash flooding around the area, but ok where I am.
Terry,
It kind of proves that we are family on here, no matter how busy, still have time to touch base with the others on here.
Stay dry everyone, and have a good day,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #1782

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Damp and drizzly here today, Rail, Thanks, just keep pluggin. along. Frank, good to find the bolts you needed, I know how frustrating it is to drop something in the engine bay and can't find it, (ITS GOT TO BE RIGHT HERE!!) at least that's what I say. Good that your on high ground, keep an eye out. Bap, how's the ankle? Have a great day all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:08 AM   #1783

Good Morning Gang,
Thanks Terry, it is really frustrating when you spend more time looking than the job takes.
bap,
Hope that the ankle is healing well, we miss you on here.
Have a good day all, stay dry,
Frank
Old 06-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #1784

Well, we are getting Hurricane Bill rains here in North Texas.
But, rather than getting 3 to 6 inches an hour, they say we will get 3 to 6 inches over the course of the day.

Which is good and bad. Good that it will take time to drain off.

Bad because once it fills the lakes back to the point of overflow people downstream will be washed away again. The ground is still soaked, so it will all be runoff!

Here at my place we are 800 feet elevation above the closest lake so we're good as long as I don't go anywhere low.

Spent the last few days cleaning out the shop. I'm tired of tripping over stuff and setting tools down and not being able to find them 2 minutes later.
Should get it all organized by July! I'm throwing out a lot of stuff/parts I haven't used in years. Wonder what I can get for the scrap metal I'm throwing out?

I'm going to go out this month and buy a pair of new 44 inch toolboxes with roller bearing drawers, because my old Craftsmen boxes are overflowing and worn out. Drawers are breaking down!

I have 4 upright Craftsman stacked Boxes and they are a pain to use. (2 bottoms & 2 Tops)
They are set side by side on a wheeled kart, so rolling that kart around is nice. Or would be if they could hold all the tools I have in them. (I have two other top boxes on the work benches and one more for measuring tools in the machine shop.)

My plan is to rebuild the Tool Box cart for the new boxes and the side cabinet I have hanging on the Craftmans.

I remember when I only had a canvas tool roll that held all the tools I owned.
Sheese, 50 years of collecting tools adds up!

Yesterdays coffee was OK this morning!

Odd thing is it's 8:15 in the morning and it's just now getting light out. Too many dark rain clouds over us.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #1785

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Loving the coffee this am. Lot of outside flower bed cleaning to do today so best get to it before the heat gets too high.

Curtis, You guys take care. Know you will, but it just seems this weather doesn't want to stop. The good thing is the drought is over, bad news is now you have more water than you need.

Everyone have a great day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #1786

Winnebago Owners Club
In Forest City for a bit of warranty work on the coach. Quite comfortable here at the dealers. Janet is out shopping. She spotted a likely looking store - I am more comfortable here.

Looks like it might rain today or tonight. They have had lots of rain over the last while. Nice a green as well as water sitting in low spots, rivers and creeks running full.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #1787

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!! Friends.

Slept in as I was up til 3am. Watched The Duke in McClintock. You could never make a movie like that today. The Duke spanked Maureen O'Hara & Patrick Wayne spanked Stefanie Powers, both with an ash scoop. Can you imagine of that happened today?

I had to pause on this post to do a few things so no it's after lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Jay, have a safe trip to OK, and hope your house sells fast and for what you want for it!
Thanks, will still be a few weeks before I leave. Houses sell real fast where I am if you have the right broker. We do, their avg time on market is 4 days. Prices are up here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Well, we are getting Hurricane Bill rains here in North Texas.
But, rather than getting 3 to 6 inches an hour, they say we will get 3 to 6 inches over the course of the day.

Which is good and bad. Good that it will take time to drain off.

Wonder what I can get for the scrap metal I'm throwing out?
Texas is getting hammered these days. My heart goes out to the folks down there, glad to know I need not worry about you & yours Curtis. I looked up scrap steel prices, DFW area $185-215/ton, insulated copper wire 1.30/lb.

Have a fantastic day.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:26 AM   #1788

We got 7.44 inches rainfall today! My driveway is almost gone. Neighbors trash can float down and stopped up my culvert. So the water went around the culvert taking with it part of the driveway.

We're still.luckier than most. We're up hill. Roads are closed everywhere for fast moving water.

At least it's not hot yet.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:22 AM   #1789

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone! Coffee is gooooood today!
Well, the money is in the bank for the MH, not as much as I hoped for, because the dealer that sold it for me came up with some repairs that needed fixed to make the sale? Funny, the things that needed repaired were working just fine when I left it with him, and were new before I bought the unit?. So, "Live and Learn" Not much I can do from here, so the next MH will most certainly NOT be bought from Sunland Sales, Glendale, Az. And to think, I was going to give him my business again, and refer others to buy from him! So the extra money he made from the sale will cost him in the long run!
Jay, glad you did not decide to buy that Monaco I told you about! Not that it was not a beautiful coach, I just do not want to send any business his way!
Dang, Curtis, over 7"s is a lot of rain, regardless if you didn't just have all that rain a week before! Stay dry!! Sounds like you need some new toolboxes! I too had a lot of tools before my sale, many years of picking them up at auction's and sales!
Well, have to run, go buy some supply's for the store!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 AM   #1790

Curtis,
Hope that everything else is OK, we are going to get some of that rain from Bill on Saturday.I gave a lot of my tools and boxes to my son in law and grandson. One of the boxes, I bought used when I was 16, Crafstman 2 drawer that was packed full of tools. You can tell the quality difference between the tools made in the 50's and 60's and those made today.
Jay,
Hope that your S&B sells quickly for you.
Rail,
It is hard to find honest dealers today, there are a few, but not many. It is possible that the problem is not honesty but incompetent tech that doesn't know if something is good or bad. Either that or greedy salesman that will do anything with your money to make a sale. Any ways, sorry for your loss of sale price.
Frank
Old 06-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #1791

Winnebago Owners Club
Curtis - be safe. Hopefully the water will recede quickly and the damage to your driveway will be minimal. Stopped up drainage is the worst thing to deal with.

Rail - Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I know you are a long ways away but I would challenge the dealer to verify the repairs he says he made. Pictures of the old parts would be an option.

We are sitting here at the dealers. The techs do not like the sound one of the slides is making so they want to replace the mechanism. So we will be here for another day.

Visited the Winnebago factory yesterday. What a beehive. They say they build 240 coaches a week. It is a really interesting process. While we were viewing the end of one production line they drove 5 MH out of the building.

Everyone have a great day and stay safe.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #1792

Gordon,
I'm sorry,I misunderstood, thought you were having motor problems. Being near the Winnebago factory is a good place to get things fixed, the techs should know the complete workings of the systems and usually do an excellent job with needed repairs.
If you are going to be there for a while yet, you might want to take a quick run over to Amana Colonies, it is an interesting place.
Frank