Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #1793

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Another glorious day outside.

Curtis - Glad you are doing OK down there in the flood zone. At least you only lost the driveway. You never know what water will do once it jumps the bank. I see more rain is in the forecast. Sure hope you get some relief soon.

On a brighter note, nothing like getting new tool boxes. I can make a week long event out of setting one up and organizing the tools. It never takes me long to out grow the darn things though.

Rail - Sorry about the treatment you got from that dealer. Difficult to do much about it when you're not in country. Next time around leave it near one of us so we can be your agent here and verify something needs repair. I'm sure anyone on this thread would be happy to do it. Our place is out in the sticks so to speak, but if you decided to store your next one as opposed to selling you're more than welcome. Our farm isn't going anywhere.

Gordon - Touring some of those factories is on my bucket list. I'm fascinated by stuff like that. Hope your repairs go smoothly and aren't too hard on your wallet. Safe travels.

Lynne, Frank, Bobby, Bap, Terry

Have a fantastic day
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #1794

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Frank; No worries. Any information is good. And WELCOME!! I am always trying to learn, sometimes a slow process.

I do not understand some (or most) of the systems so will ask questions. I do not understand the significance of the emission warning light. The fellow I spoke with at Freighliner was not overly concerned. Now the light has gone off?? I will still be returning to a Freightliner dealership to have it looked at and explained to my satisfaction. I like to have some knowledge so I can ask the right questions.

Jay - this is mostly under warranty. Unfortunately I am a CLAC'er without many of the skills. We had some ideas and one I was not comfortable with was installing a door light for extra light. Had the tech do it and really glad. He did a better job than the factory would have done IMO. Slide will be under warranty.

Really like this dealership. Rail - you may consider Lichtsinn as a place to purchase your next coach. There seem to be a lot of happy customers here, I know that Janet and I are some of them.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #1795

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
Glad that you are happy with the quality of work at your dealer, there are good techs out there that care about what they do, but a lot of them get forced out either because of low pay or other shenanigans that the service managers or other management people do to the customers and the good techs won't put their reputations on the line for them.
Good evening Jay.
Well had an interesting evening, thunderstorms just south of us with tornado possibilities, we just got a little rain and some thunder and lightning, but not real close. Still raining lightly as I type this, but not bad, not like what Curtis is going through.
Have a good evening all,catch you in the morning.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:24 AM   #1796
bap

gooooodmorning gang,,,,,---i finaly got a chance to jump online and check in with you all,,,,been away for awhile and very busy here,,,,we have had rain all week and a hail storm yesterday but still able to work on a couple of our tt,s during it,,,

may the good lord above watch over all of you and keep you safe....
...bap=
Old 06-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #1797

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!! All.

Pretty quiet here today. I'm sure everyone has a list of things to do this time of year.

Adding some trim to our windows today, framing them in a 4" wide cedar board matched to the trim. Popular look on new homes and it doesn't cost much and really updates the looks. Curb appeal is everything if you want them to come inside and see all the other goodies.

Have a great day, be safe.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #1798

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail - just talking to the Service Manager at Lichtsinn. Should you consider purchasing from them they have a feature where they can give you a live video feed to view the MH of your choice. I assume that would apply to used as well as new. It is an interactive feature so you can direct the salesperson to any portion of the coach you wish to see. I knew about this before but it slipped my mind.

When we were here last year we watched them deliver several coaches in their indoor delivery area. It was really chilly outside so they brought the coaches inside. It was fun to watch the new owners getting the tour of their unit. The excitement was palatable.

Our coach repair has been completed. New slide mechanism in place. Then over to CDI for paint touch up as required. Should be back here in a an hour so so as they are heading over on a parts/pickup run.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:49 PM   #1799

Winnebago Owners Club
Coach back as promised - on time.

All work done on the coach. Early departure for home tomorrow. Could be home in about 3 days.

Janet made an excellent dinner. After dishes we loaded the car in the stacker. Getting better at it. Went in the first time.

82 degrees here right now. Bit of cloud cover so will stay warm overnight I believe. Has been in the low 60's overnight for the last few nights. Makes really good sleeping.

May watch a movie and then off to bed.

Everyone have a grand weekend.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:40 PM   #1800

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hope everyone is well! I caught some bug my friend who is going to be working with me had last week! Feel like crap. Then I got to feel even worse when I opened our new EZPass bill! They have the nerve to charge $45.00 to go over the George Washington Bridge with our 22' Winnieand a single axle utility trailer, because it has dual wheels on the MH! If we tow the pickup , it will be $60.00! What is that song, "We Got To Get Outta This Place", So to go 117 miles up to where our upstate house was costs us $84.58 just for tolls, Crazy! There are some pretty places here but not sure if it's worth it! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:41 AM   #1801

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bobby,
That is ridiculous, especially since they use federal funds for the upkeep. Hope that you feel better soon.
Gordon,
Glad that you got everything taken care of and that you are happy with the outcome. Have safe journey home.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #1802

They are finishing putting Toll Roads in around Texas and we decided that since we Tax Payers have already paid for them we aren't going to use them until they are free. Toll Roads in Texas rarely have traffic on them.

So this year "No More Toll Roads" and once the contracts end on the ones we have, they will all be free. Seems some investors greased the palms of the Politicians to let them put these in, then got caught. So we voted them out.
And the Toll Road Contracts will eventually expire.

I agree, it's Legalized Highway Robbery!

Where is Robin Hood when you need him?

Oh and good morning. 2 day old coffee this morning with no creamer.
YUCK!

Melissa and I went to the Adult Soap Box Derby Races in Marble Falls yesterday.
http://www.adultsoapboxderby.com/

What a hoot!
Our plan was to scope out the Competition and see how the cars were built.
Thinking of building a gravity racer with the parts I have on hand in the shop. I've got enough old race car and racing bicycle parts to build a winning car.

Only three that were serious about winning, and another 27 that were pure jokes. But fun enough for the Party!
Next year, we race!

Kinda like the 6th Street Festival in Austin on the Weekends. Or the Annual "Grapefest" in Grapevine!
Or "Westfest" in West!
Texans like to party!

HAPPY Fathers Day Ya'll!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:20 AM   #1803
bap

sounds like a blast,,,curtis,,,,

gooooodmorning and happy fathers day ...
Old 06-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #1804

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!! Ya'll

Happy Fathers Day!!

Family coming over for dinner today.

Gordon - Glad your repairs went smoothly.

Bobby - The tolls in NY are way out of hand. Ditto, NJ, PA, DE, MD. NY is the worst though. I used to drive I-95 between Philly & DC round trip 3-5 times a week. $120 in tolls in a CAR! Avoiding them adds hours to the trip. Very few toll roads in the west. Usually just bridges & ferries.

Curtis - You got out the driveway huh? Are you drying out yet? Glad you got to have some fun.

Well, better get another cuppa in before Patty has me doing chores before company arrives.

Have a great day. Keep your powder dry.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #1805

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All and Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's.

My Dad's been gone over 30 years and I still miss him. He was a great Dad and taught me a lot. I figure the way you guys are you probably had some really good Dads too.

Enjoy them if they are still with you.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:15 PM   #1806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Goooodmorning!!!

Curtis - You got out the driveway huh? Are you drying out yet? Glad you got to have some fun.

Have a great day. Keep your powder dry.
What can I say? We got tractors & front end loaders in our neighborhood! Had all the driveways back in working order the next day. We even had extra dirt and rocks to use thanks to my neighbors new pool he put on last summer. Sure glad we didn't haul that dirt pile off.

Would you believe it. I rode the Big ADV Bike to Church this morning and got wet? Yep, it's wet and rainy in TEXAS! Who'd a thunk?

Was cloudy when I left but the radar said it was blowing away from where I was headed. So I sat there wet and had a good service.
Not the first time I've ridden in a down pour.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote