Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 04:25 AM   #1807

Oh Ayuh !
First day on the morning shift in over 30 years.....night person,Oh my Goshk !
Thought I'd check out the goodmorning thread . Now realize I don't have time to read through it !
Listening to the Loons is verrrrryyyy sooooothing.
Curtis
Raining a LOT here tooo
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 04:53 AM   #1808

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee really good this morning, Sun is shining, birds are chirping. Looks like a beautiful day.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:01 AM   #1809

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Morning All! Debating whether to stay in bed one more day. Made the mistake of feeling a bit better and went out to mow the lawn at one of the rentals, bad move! I'm like the guy on the commercial for Don Equis beer, I don't get sick often , but when I do, I prefer to ride it out in a couple days and move on! I think we are going to have to consider getting a landscaper service. Though I do enjoy doing it, if we start going out more in the MH during grass season, who else will do it? Ah , decisions, decisions! Have a enjoyable day guys and gals, going back to bed! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:03 AM   #1810

Freightliner Owners Club
Bobby,
Hope that you get to feeling better very soon.
Frank
Old 06-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #1811

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
Bobby, get to feeling better quickly!
Gordon, I have heard nothing but good things about Lichtsinn Dealership, and have looked at a couple of units there! Hopefully next time will be close to my sons house, I am still looking, but not very hard!
We decided to convert the downstairs bedroom into a home theater, so have been busy with that! Got the TV and the sat system installed, now for the furniture shopping! Need a couch, and a big comfortable chair for me!
Popeye, hope you get used to the mornings, and the loons are very soothing!
Frank, enjoy the nice day!
Curtis, your neighborhood sounds like my old one, everyone helps everyone to get things done!
Oh, and Happy Fathers Day to all you Fathers out there!
Rail!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #1812

Yep our neighbors are an interesting diverse group of folks.
Skipped coffee this morning and went straight to the shop. Still cleaning and purging. Throwing out parts I'll never use that I paid a fortune for years ago.

Bobby, sounds like I felt this winter. About the time I got feeling better.I'd I'd try doing something and go down again.

Rail, I love home theaters when they are at someone else's house. I will spend too much time sitting in them if they belong to me.

I'm wiped out. 2 truck loads of steel to the recycling yard today.
Ya'll have a good day. We hopefully will dry out a little this week. Sure got a lot of roads washed out around here.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:27 AM   #1813

Another early one , no Loons this morning but listened to a Hoot Owl last night. Gotta get some recordings of them both ...

We had a musician with an acoustic guitar here yesterday evening entertaining the little ones and after listening for a few I realized I had done a few shows with him ,,,33 years ago !

Hope ya are feelin' better today Bobby.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:53 AM   #1814

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Sitting here relaxing with a cup of coffee and enjoying listening to the bird chorus outside. They sure like to sing in the morning. It's beautiful.

Bobby, hope you are getting over that stuff. Can you trade off rent for someone to mow for you? As you start traveling that is gonna be a pain to keep track of.

Curtis, hope it dry's out soon for you all down there. We have had rain up here and a tornado within a few miles of us, but still ok here.

Popeye, I have worked AMs for so long I wonder when I retire if I will still get up at 4:30 or sleep in until 6:00. Guess time will tell. Would be nice waking up to those bird calls rather than an alarm clock.

Hope you all have a good day. Looks like it will be nice here. Take care, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:08 AM   #1815

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Sun shining bright, nice cool morning without being chilly, had a lot of wind yesterday, and with the sun today it should start to dry things out, Went over to Rita's son's and borrowed his push mower to cut the grass, the park couldn't their big mowers in due to the water still lying in most places. So my spot looks pretty good.
Lynne,
You will still probably wake up around 4:30 at least for a while, My wake up time was between 630 and 7 for a few years before retiring, and now after 2 years retired, guess what time I wake up still, yep between 630 and 7.
Have a great day All,
Frank
Old 06-24-2015, 07:28 AM   #1816

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Trip home was good.

While in Fargo we watched storms go both sides of us. They were tracking some tornados and thunder storms with hail. Thankfully we only had a bit of rain where we were parked.

Border crossing when smoothly. Janet had all of the information done up with totals and quantities. Had to go through the truck lane as we are too high for the car side.

Got home to see we had a 1/2" of water in the rain gauge. Neighbour had been watering the garden and tomatos so we were golden.

Last night we had a series of thunderstorms go through. Dropped about 1 1/4" in little over an hour. Included some hail as big a pea size. Have not gone out to see what happend to the plants. Expect some tree leaf bruising but will have to wait to see how the cherries fared. There was a fair number of fruit on the trees so hopefully not too much was damaged.

Bobby - being sick is not fun I know. So we get up to keep going, sometimes not a high percentage action. Best to lay around until you are able to keep going rather than pushing yourself. In the long run you will get better results. Now . . . what to do with the down time. Well you could catch up on the soaps, watch some game shows . . . . just kidding - I would have a terrible time trying that stuff.

I have been retired for 12 years and still wake up early. IMO you can do whatever you want once you put your mind to it. Lynne it sounds like you prefer the mornings as I do. I think it is the best part of the day so I look forward to waking up and catching the fresh smell from overnight. You can and will adjust your wake time to whatever you want it to be.

Popeye - sounds as if you are enjoying the work. I worked in the north for a time and the sound of the loons is something that would be difficult or impossible to forget. Something really haunting in their call.

Coffee almost done. Time to go out and inspect the property. Now where are my rubber boots? Probably will not need them as the ground just sucked the water up.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:07 PM   #1817

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well Folks, not back 100% yet . Managed to go do a Mirror Job in a new house today, went well, so I guess I can see well enough to make it work! But I hope I don't have to work on anything else these "Builders" build! Everything out of square, no thought process on where to put outlets and lights? Glad the lady of the house is only 5'6" or so , i'm 5'11" and could barely see my whole head in the mirror as they didn't want to pay me to move the lights up so they could have a decent height on the mirrors! Countertops are 34" and I put 38" mirrors up just under the lights, so if her husband or guests are over 6' they will be bending to check their faces and hair, LOL! And in one of the bathrooms they put the GFCI outlet smack dab in the middle of the mirror about 8" from the bottom, a first for me! She loves the mirrors but I bet anyone over 6' won't! Hope all you guys are ok, you too LYNNE! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #1818

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning Everyone!!!! Coffee was not as good as usual, ran out of my fav., so used up the other that had been sitting around for awhile? Not nearly as good!
Gordon, glad you made it home safely, and missed the storms! There have been some nasty ones, from what I have seen! Good that you got some rain, hope the hail damage is nothing!
Bobby, I'm 6'3", and run into the short mirror thing all the time. That, and the short shower, what could they have been thinking?? In the motels, just have to deal with it, but here at the house, I raise them up! Surprisingly, how many are put in too low! Must be a bunch of short plumbers!! One thing over here that I have noticed, all of the doorways are nice and tall, except all of the ones into the bathroom's, they are all 6' tall?/ Do not know the reasoning on that one? So, I have learned to duck! Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:23 AM   #1819

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Going camping this weekend so trying to catch up with everything. With the rain the grass is growing like crazy. Will need a trim shortly as it is growing unevenly.

They are rebuilding the road past our place. Upgrading and paving. Originally there was a lot of cordroy in the road. They are hitting that now and are having to do a lot of extra work to clean out the wood and stabilize the soil. They have finally got to the section by our house. I can sit at the breakfast table and watch them working. Brings back some memories when I was managing projects. Trying to stay away but there is a powerful pull to go out there and talk to some of the fellows.

Rail - that is one of my biggest peeves about hotels. Nowadays you would think they would put them higher. I believe overall the world population is for the most part growing taller. But showers are growing shorter. At least it seems that way. Any time I am asked for comments I note the shower height as an issue.

Everyone have a great day. Off to start lawn mowing.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #1820

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather is iffy, very cloudy and looks and feels like more rain.
Rail and Gordon, I can feel for your problems with mirrors and doorways, I am only 5'9" so I don't have those problems, it is just harder for me to see over things.
Gordon, Enjoy your weekend camping, hope you have nice weather.
Have a good day all,
Frank