Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2015, 06:46 AM   #1835

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Pabell,
Welcome aboard, glad to have newcomers to the thread.
Rail,
Thanks, we won't know how serious until all the Dr. appointments and tests are done. DW's son is the one having problems. We were supposed to be heading to Pennsylvania July 7th, now those plans are on hold until after all the appointments.
Lynne,
Hope that you have a blast, not only enjoying the down time but also learning the ins and outs of your rig.
Curtis,
Its always nice just to be out in the shop puttering. That is the only thing that I miss about not having the shop.

Well very cool and wet here this morning, lots of rain and some flooding(not where we are) but we are staying dry.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 06:56 AM   #1836

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning all, Frank, rain here as well today, flood watches are out for some areas, not where I am, I am at one of the highest spots in the county. Rail, after going thru a couple rainy seasons over seas I'm not a fan . Lynne, have fun camping that's what its all about. Curtis, I enjoy the morning, everything waking up, much more now that I can do it on my terms. Have a great day all.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #1837

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!! Everyone.

Been a few days since I have dropped by. Been busy knocking down the list during the cool part of the day and hiding best I can from the heat later in the day. Has been in the upper 80's to mid 90's here with high humidity (something you east coast folks are familiar with) and we just are not used to it here. Most homes (including ours) do not have AC here because it's rare you need one. Over the last 25 years there may have been a total of 6 weeks we could have used one.

Frank - Hope things turn out well with the son. We'll keep a thought for you.

Bobby - Glad to read you are feeling better and getting back to your old self. Man I hate being sick. DW says I, and most men for that matter, is/are babies about it. Her being a nurse I reckon she might have the stats to prove that out.

Curtis - Hope you continue to dry out a bit so things can get back to normal. Cleaning the shop has proved to be more than just putting things away and organizing eh? Man it was hard to clean mine out before we sold it and the land it's on. So much useful materials and parts. Some I sold, some scrapped, given away or thrown away. Even thinned out the tools. EASY folks, just things I had 4 or more of. I'm a CLACer after all and we don't parry down the tools. I tend to buy any tools I see at yard sales. Always putting together tool kits for folks. I don't like to loan them out where they leave my shop so I just give them a set. So I had a lot of extras.

Lynne - I'm glad to read you are still thrilled with your coach and you will soon get to spend some time using it. Can't wait to read all about it.

Pabell90 - Welcome, welcome, welcome. Good crowd here. Friendly, helpful, smart. Just an all around great bunch.

Rail - Be sure to share some pix of that new home theater setup. All us techie gadget types are dying to see it. Speaking of home theater stuff.... One of the things that have been keeping me away was putting together the ULTIMATE THEATER GIVEAWAY as a fundraiser for Liberty Farms and out veterans project.

Popeye - I never found changing shifts an easy transition. No matter what my internal clock goes off @ 5:30am. Rare I roll over and go back to sleep, like when I can't get to sleep before 3:00am. Up til after midnight every day. Have been this way for as long as I can recall. Switching to graveyard or swing I was always tired because I could not sleep until I was exhausted.

Gordon - Glad you and Janet made it home safe with no issues. I take it everything is in tip top shape after the stop at the service center?

Terry - That TH is looking fabulous man. Great job.

SHOWER HEAD - The height of the shower-head pipe is set by building code. They had started to raise them in newer construction but some of these guys still set things at the lower height. I'm 6' tall and using a shower installed prior to 1990 is a pain. I used to travel with a pair of small channel locks and a shower wand when I stayed in hotels. Of course that made me a criminal because I had removed the bloody flow restrictor from the wand.

Well, better get something done before it gets hot. Have a great day everyone. See ya soon....
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:07 AM   #1838

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone.

Currently sitting at Freightliner. Check emission light came on and getting it checked out.

Had a great weekend camping with a group of friends. Was on the warm side but nice under the trees. Had a great time.

Looks like it might rain today. Rain is predicted so the weatherman may have a chance of getting it right. They have been correct up to this point as they have only had to predict clear hot weather. Hoping they are still batting 100.

Have a great day.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:13 AM   #1839

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Well good morning All.

Thought I would contribute a little bit as I do enjoy reading your posts.

Hit our first Canadian national park yesterday and was nice to wake up here along with Eden (my spouse) Scarlett (my youngest daughter) and Buddy (the incorrigible English bulldog)

It's raining and we will probably take the car back home for the day (it's only 30 mins away) and return tomorrow. It is supposed to be nice and sunny 25C so we will return and spend the day at the beach here.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:19 AM   #1840

Winnebago Owners Club
Not a patient waiter. Can only spend so much time in the customer lounge. Decided to take a walk around the parking lot and check out the bay the coach is in. Short walk as the rain chased me back in.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #1841

Ahhhhhh Tuesday , my noon to 6 shift . Much easier on the night owl in me! The weekend of the 4th coming up. This is when the place fills up and is busy till Labor Day.

Weather is going to be pretty good , sunny/ptly cloudy and high 70s.
Tomorrow , more rain but got it offffffff.
Another day in paradise ! (I won't be saying that if I'm still here this winter though )

My morning glass of lemonade is real tasty! Yeah , I don't need coffee to function , just getting my daily gallon of H2O. (Which enables a completely different function!)
Old 07-01-2015, 06:12 AM   #1842

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, weather not so much. 3rd wettest June on record here in NE Ohio, tired of the mud and not being able to do much, have some routine maintenance work to do on the 5er and it is underneath, so I have to lie on the ground to do it. I refuse to do it in the water and mud though. Oh well, just venting, it is what it is.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 07-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #1843

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning All! Frank I hear ya with waiting around for the weather when you have something you want to work on, so frustrating! Hope your son is ok! Sally got sick with me, her head is all clogged up so she is mean as a snake, either she can't hear me as her ears are clogged or she thinks i'm yelling at her, LOL! Either way , I get the same result. Going down to the house to scrape some more wood floors, would like to get the crew in as soon as possible. Don't know what we are going to do with the shop, the guy I was going to take in with us in the business bowed out, didn't think we should have asked him to put up $5000.00 to buy in, was going to add him to the corp and bank account. Hell, the tools in the shop, cutting tables the work van and all are worth $50000.00, was just trying to have him make a commitment! Oh well, everything happens for the best! Don't need any more "sensitive" "needy" people around me! Have done everything on my own for so long , would probably kill me if it got easier! LOL Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #1844

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Finally raining here. We have had a couple inches in the last week. The grass is greening up and growing. Mowing grass will soon be a regular activity if this keeps up.

Bobby - sorry for the disappointment but sometimes these things happen for a reason. Likely in this case for the better because you know the value of something that you give away. To them it is nothing. Better that he show some commitment.

Have a great day all.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #1845

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gordon, it is not really a disappointment for me as I have worked for myself all of my life. I know the disappointments of things going bad and also know the feelings of accomplishment when they go well! I learned long ago that you only get out of this life what you put in, the good and the bad. I was only looking to take the weight off Sally as she does most of my sales and contacts and is not feeling the best. Also I need the time to finish the house she inherited and get it rented out before the next $9300 tax bill shows up! I could shut the shop down tommorrow and work out of the house by myself but then I have to be at the mercy of the weather and I don't want to screw my landlord up as he is a cool guy! Probably will play it out for another 2 years, when he says he is going to sell the building, then I won't feel bad about leaving as I could never be a tenant with the outfit that bought his other building next door. We shall see, I'm just concerned with keeping healthy and trying to keep Sally healthy, nothing else counts now! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:23 AM   #1846

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, a little foggy this morning but NOOOO Rain, YEAH!!!! They cancelled the fireworks display that was supposed to be Friday evening because the ground is so wet that they can't get in to set the display up.
Bobby,
Hope that everything works out for you, If the guy isn't committed, then it is best for you that you found out now rather than when you were counting on him.
Gordon,
I take it that you made it home OK. I agree with you on the grass, I will cut it tomorrow over at DW's sons, he works 12 hr days on the night shift, so its easier for me to do it.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 07-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #1847

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good afternoon gang.

I'ts nearly Independence Day!

One of my favorite holidays. Usually I spend an entire week setting up the 4 pallets of mortars, cakes, rockets and fountains I order from my good friends at Big Fireworks. I have a wholesale account. I have en electronic firing system with 1000 channels and also use times fusing tying things together. Show usually lasts about 90 min.

This year I no longer have the property where I would do the show and party nor did I have the time. Lots of folks upset as this has been the tradition for over a decade. So we will get some stuff from the local reservation and at least have a small show for the grandkids.

Anyway, you are all invited to the shindig next year in Oklahoma. We roast a hog, live bands, games for the kiddos and the adults. I will try and set up an offroad track for quads, dirtbikes and 4x4's like we had here. I'm telling you know so you can plan next year around coming if you so choose. It's a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Don't know what we are going to do with the shop, the guy I was going to take in with us in the business bowed out, didn't think we should have asked him to put up $5000.00 to buy in, was going to add him to the corp and bank account. Hell, the tools in the shop, cutting tables the work van and all are worth $50000.00, was just trying to have him make a commitment! Oh well, everything happens for the best! Don't need any more "sensitive" "needy" people around me! Have done everything on my own for so long , would probably kill me if it got easier! LOL Bobby
Bobby - If the guy wasn't willing to put in 5K he was just looking for a free ride into the biz. He's a moocher and I'm sure you don't need anymore of those either. Experience tells me you're far better off.

Enjoy your festivities this weekend. Happy Independence Day.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #1848

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jay,

Do you have a date when you plan this next year? Would love to plan on it and what is the location?

It's been busy and I have been getting the rig ready for our first real camping trip. Will be Sat the 18th through Wed the 22nd. Not a long time but good learning run. I am excited to do this. Talk with you later. Hope all are well. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote