Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 AM   #1849

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, Sun shine today, YAHOO. Well got the black tank valve installed yesterday, actually the easiest one out of the 3, now everything working like it should.
Lynne,
We missed you, glad that you are still excited with your coach, We still say that we are the luckiest people in the world to be able to do this everyday.
Jay,
Thanks for the invite, we just might take you up on that for next year, it looks like we will be in Branson, Missouri the first week on May next year and were wondering what we were going to do after that, so your 4th of July party is a good option.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 08:00 AM   #1850

Winnebago Owners Club
The party sounds great. We will count our days and see how a trip to see everyone works out.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #1851

1st busy day here at the boathouse on the lake.
The scenery will take some getting used to , but hey , somebody's got to do it ! Oh My GOSHK !

Lynne
Welcome to the road !
That rig's pretty nice for a starter.
Hope you guys have a great trip.......
Old 07-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #1852

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Jay,

Do you have a date when you plan this next year? Would love to plan on it and what is the location?

Lynne
WHERE: Save this map to your GPS. Party at the farm. Will give you all a chance to see the Aquaponics system @ Liberty Farms.

DATE: July 1st-4th 2016

Pyro Minded? Setup takes at least a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Jay,
Thanks for the invite, we just might take you up on that for next year, it looks like we will be in Branson, Missouri the first week on May next year and were wondering what we were going to do after that, so your 4th of July party is a good option.
Frank
Would love to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
The party sounds great. We will count our days and see how a trip to see everyone works out.
Well, we have been talking about a rally............
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #1853

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon all, Jay, this invite sounds like it might be a very good idea. Eleanor says she will put it down to get the week off. Popeye, sounds like you will be busy for the rest of the summer.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #1854

Freightliner Owners Club
A rally at Jay's in Oklahoma sounds like a winner, now if we can all make it, it will definitely be a hoot.
Frank
Old 07-03-2015, 11:51 PM   #1855

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning Everyone!! The coffee is tasting good today!
Well, back from BKK, and my 3 month check up! PSA was .004, so no change! CBC was zero, so great new's there also! So all three of my Dr's agreed to 6 month check-up's from now on! Will go ahead and get the PSA tested at 3 months just to make sure nothing has changed, but can do that here in Lampang! So, still cancer free! We had a good trip, and got to take a cruise on the river, and sitesee!
Jay, sounds like a plan to me, hummmmm, next 4th in OK!! Told Jira, she said (sounds good to her)! Funny, I was just looking at a old BlueBird 40' coach in OK City this morning? The ad was very vague, did not give any details of the driveline at all? And it is at CampingWorld too, so I just kept on looking!! I would love to have a old BB, if it had the right driveline, and had been taken care of. But buying one from CW, would be a big shot in the dark! It just screams, POS! Any owner of one of those, that traded it in at CW, Sorry, not one I would want!
As for all of us getting together at Liberty Farms for the 4th next year, sounds like a hoot! It is about as centrally located as we could hope for!
We did our trip a little to early this year, and a lot of the places were still closed for the season! So the 4th of July is perfect! I will try to find a MH close to my sons house in Decatur Il., so he can check it out for me, and have it ready when we get there!
I also got my first SS check direct dep. in the bank account yesterday, so nice to have a (little) income coming back in!
Popeye, don't hurt your neck!
Terry, the TH is looking very good!
Frank, glad you got the black water valve changed with out any trouble!
Gordon, the misfire in #6 is a sign to run some injector cleaner thru your baby, to keep them clean and firing smoothly! You let her sit for awhile, so moisture will make them misfire also! Any time I had injector trouble with the electronic injectors, it was water related! (water in the fuel) You can get a bad tank of fuel at any time, and I would not fuel when they were dumping in fresh fuel, as it meant the tanks were getting stirred up! I always used Power Service or Howe's injector cleaner, and it did a good job for me! You can find it at any farm store, or at the truck stops for more money!
Everyone have a great 4th of July, and stay safe! Rail!
Old 07-04-2015, 04:28 AM   #1856

Happy 4th and thanks to all vets and active duty military personnel for keeping the country safe for all!

Morning lemonade and a granola bar ,,,,,,, doesn't sound all that great but I'll make up for it with all the free food from the snack bar that all employees get while working..........and yes , ice cream IS included
Old 07-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #1857

Freightliner Owners Club
Rail,
Sooo happy for you that your checkup went well. That SS check is nice, always good to get some of our own money back from our illustrious politicians instead of them giving it away.
RVpopeye,
I agree with you whole heartedly, and a BIG THANK YOU to all of our vets and active duty military personnel on this our countries birthday.

Happy 4th to all of our friends on here,
Frank
Old 07-04-2015, 06:51 AM   #1858

Winnebago Owners Club
Red face

Good morning, all!
Been lurking for a couple of months since the purchase of our first RV. We just returned from our first trip of 2500 miles over 11 days. We should have bought an RV 40 years ago instead of the variety of boats we owned. Happy 4th of July. Just sitting here waiting on the brisket. It has been on 12 hours with on 10 more to go.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:04 AM   #1859

BAP, that is good news about your check ups! Good News indeed!

I've been collecting my SS since I was elidgible. Melissa said I should wait but I told her it probably wouldn't be there if I waited and my Accountant and I figured up I'd have to live past 84 to get ahead money wise by waiting. I'm going to get some of it back at least!

So, with my Retirement check, my SS, and Melissa's Teachers Retirement check we are doing good. Got money in the bank and everything. She doesn't think so, but I don't need to be a Millionaire to be happy.

Coffee is good this Independence Day Morning. I made it last night before I went to bed, so it's real fresh by my coffee standards.

(Keyboard is messing up real bad this morning on this old computer. Might help if I tied it down.) My new Laptop caught something and is down.

Looking forward to next 4th in "Oaky la HOOOma" at da farm.

Gives me a goal to get my Big Girl ready and fully remodeled by then.

(In case your wondering Big Girl is my Fleetwood MH, Little Girl is that woman I sleep with! )

Jay, let me know if you need me to come up and wire in some RV Hookups. We'll make it a regular RV Campground for your Aquaponics visitors. I have three here and a dump station at my place because my Racing Buddues stop by while traveling across country to races and we get to see each other more often that way. My neighbors love it! Although with this current economy, some of them have given up that rich mans game.

Wish we were full timing but Melissa would never give up the Ranch!
And I'd hate not to have my shop. Not sure I could do without one anymore!
I have a hard enough time sleeping now with ideas of projects I want to build in it.

Oh well..

I usually go meet with my Motorcycle Buddies for Breakfast on Saturday Mornings, but we decided to take today off.

SO I"m here rambling!!!!

Forgot to add..... Frank I added a water seperator to my fuel line and check it often. Sure has saved me a lot of hassels on my diesel powered trucks. Cummins has one in their lift pump but most people don't know to drain the water off on a regular schedule. They just drive them till they quit. I also found that adding a quart of the cheapest transmission fluid I can find to every other tank of fuel keeps my injector pump alive. This new LOW Sulpher Fuel is hard on older diesel injector pumps. The Sulpher was a lubricant. I've got 200,000 on my 2000 Cummins Powered Dodge and the truck still runs and looks like it did when it was new. Course regular maintenance helps!
Old 07-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-12Mike View Post
Good morning, all!
Been lurking for a couple of months since the purchase of our first RV. We just returned from our first trip of 2500 miles over 11 days. We should have bought an RV 40 years ago instead of the variety of boats we owned. Happy 4th of July. Just sitting here waiting on the brisket. It has been on 12 hours with on 10 more to go.
Welcome Mike and Linda! You and I are almost neighbors.
I live just 11 west of the TMS Racetrack and you're about the same distance East of it!

Oh I don't know about not having boats. I've had several and I can say those were the most important and memorable days when my kids lived at home. Spent many a night sailing up and down Grapevine Lake with the kids asleep below all tuckered out from swimming and running all over the deck.
I'm down to a two seater kayack now because I can take it with us on our Motorhome Trips on top of our 4wd truck.

MMMM Brisket! Texas Brisket no less!

Happy 4th to you guys!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:32 AM   #1861

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you, Curtis. I have been a sailor for over 55 years and now believe it is time to sell my latest beloved boat, a Herreshoff 12 1/2, and move on to a kayak for two that can be carried on the motorhome.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #1862

Winnebago Owners Club
Happy July 4 to all our American Friends.

Thanks for all of the hints about the diesel. Learning new stuff everyday and it is sure helping.

Got the coordinates of Liberty in the GPS and have talked to Janet about a road trip. 2885 km (1803 m) one way. Planning is underway.

Rail - congrats on being cancer free. Keep up the good work.

Popeye - pictures or it did not happen. Just kidding LOL. Watch your neck! Rapid head snaps can cause serious injury!!

Welcome Mike and Linda. Good group of RV's here. Brisket . . . . . Yuuuummmm!

Curtis - great on the SS cheque as early as possible. We did the same thing. We are taking the money when we are still fit enough to spend it. Janet's dad was an actuary and suggested that early was the best course of action. He was involved with setting up several health plans (Alberta, Ontario, Bermuda) and had figured out the probabilities.

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the 4th.