Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #1863

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Happy 4th all, Jay, we did the same as Gordon, got the map system fired up and checked 1600 mile for us. Rail, great news from the Docs . Welcome Mike and Linda . Curtis, Here's another SS early.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #1864

Gordon....I didn't think the pic were loading but guess they went through both times I tried !!!!

Is this what you had in mind ???????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	99184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	99185  

Name:	IMG_0002_576x768.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	99186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001_1024x768.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	99187  

Old 07-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #1865

Winnebago Owners Club
Popeye - do you need an assistant? Someone to bring you water and wipe your brow? Unfortunately I would have to volunteer as I do not have a green card. If it helps I do have a Costco card!!

Your workplace looks ideal.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #1866

Gordon ,you're too late...... the guy with the shades is the other half of the crew !!!

Most of the bigger boats are out on the lake but you might be able to sign on to one of those crews
Old 07-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #1867

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, that looks like a nice place, good score on the workcamping job . Must be why you get up so early in the morning.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #1868

I'm only taking jobs that I know I'll enjoy.
Might have to volunteer but usually will get one with pay plus FHU site , plus whatever else I can swing.
Some seasons I'll just boondock if I can't find a good place .
BLM land , Nat Forests , even road trip rest areas or Wallys.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #1869

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Gordon ,you're too late...... the guy with the shades is the other half of the crew !!!

Most of the bigger boats are out on the lake but you might be able to sign on to one of those crews
Drats - several weeks late I am sure.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #1870

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Jay, sounds like a plan to me, hummmmm, next 4th in OK!! Told Jira, she said (sounds good to her)! Funny, I was just looking at a old BlueBird 40' coach in OK City this morning? The ad was very vague, did not give any details of the driveline at all? And it is at CampingWorld too, so I just kept on looking!!
As for all of us getting together at Liberty Farms for the 4th next year, sounds like a hoot! It is about as centrally located as we could hope for!
Rail it would be fantastic if ya'll made it. A lot of stuff at CW is consignment too. So I wouldn't necessarily pass it over based on that. OK is close to the center and on the way to lots of places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
A rally at Jay's in Oklahoma sounds like a winner, now if we can all make it, it will definitely be a hoot.
Frank
This group in one place? Yeah, hoot is an understatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Jay, this invite sounds like it might be a very good idea. Eleanor says she will put it down to get the week off.
Fabulous! Cant wait to see that TH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Looking forward to next 4th in "Oaky la HOOOma" at da farm.

Gives me a goal to get my Big Girl ready and fully remodeled by then.

(In case your wondering Big Girl is my Fleetwood MH, Little Girl is that woman I sleep with! )

Jay, let me know if you need me to come up and wire in some RV Hookups. We'll make it a regular RV Campground for your Aquaponics visitors. I have three here and a dump station at my place because my Racing Buddues stop by while traveling across country to races and we get to see each other more often that way. My neighbors love it! Although with this current economy, some of them have given up that rich mans game.
I was already planning on having you come up when we start doing electrical at the farm. I'll keep ya posted. Had planned on at least 6 RV spots with full hookups. 4 of those will have 5ers for the vets. May up that to 10 or 12. In the scheme of things it wont be all that much more money. As the project grows we will need the extra spaces. Already needing the power co to put in one of those big industrial transformers for the greenhouses, shop and RV spots.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #1871

Happy 4th All! Did mostly nothing today, just some weeding in the yard. Had the guys over to start sanding the floors, I can't believe how good they are coming out from the shape they were in. Just wish I had talked to the guys that actually did it before I beat myself up trying to get all the goo up. Have a Happy and Healthy 4th everyone!Here are a few pics, and they say they are going to sand it 3 times, so it should be nice when they are done! Bobby
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150616_132518(0).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	99208   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_144021.jpg
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	99209  

Name:	20150703_144036.jpg
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	99210   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_144053.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	99211  

Old 07-05-2015, 06:49 AM   #1872

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
FastGlass,

Floors look great! I had done this in a turn of the century home I owned a few years ago. It is amazing how "good" hardwood floors can last and look great. Hard to tell on this little device, Oak? teak?

What kind of stain are you going with?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #1873

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

W--ked yesterday and boy was it busy. Just never know at the hospital what it will be until you w--k and it was not good.

Coffee sure was good this am though. I actually slept in until 7am. Normal time is 4:30 so that was a shock for me. After w--king yesterday I did yard work and then ate a great dinner.

We bought a Weber Q1200 grill for the MH and decided to try it out before we go camping on the 18th. This is going to be a nice little grill for us on the MH. Will be using it starting the 18th. Trying to figure out which CG we want to stay at and there sure are a lot of choices. Found a place that has separate pools for adults and children and think that may be the one.

Glad to hear all of you are doing well medically. Having medical problems sure causes interruptions in your fun plans.

Getting together next Fourth sounds like fun and I agree it would be a hoot with all of us together. Will have a to put in a vacation request Monday.

Popeye, Looks like a great place for a seaman to be. Definitely the kind of place to do workkamping.

Booby, Floors look great! Did the ones at my Son's and they look the same. Those old wood floors are amazing when redone.

You all have a great weekend and thank you to all the military who fought for us to do all the things we want to do.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #1874

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Hope everyone had a good 4th, sorry that you were busy Lynne, not a fun time when you are busy at your job. Those Q grills are excellent for the MH.

Curtis, with the new high pressure single rail injector systems, they tell you not to use ATF, something with the additives messes things up. I use 8 oz. of 2 cycle oil in approximately 20 gal of fuel. I run an additional fuel filter with an addon lift pump (holley redtop elec. pump) The factory filter has a water separator on it with sensor.

Bobby,
Those guys look like they are doing a good job, and because they have the equipment, it will save you many hours of your labor.

rvpopeye,
You really have a wonderful job there, I agree with the others about the neck strain.

Mike and Linda,
Welcome aboard to the group, very good people here.

Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #1875

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, For our "rally" Just a thought for those that need to put requests in for the time off maybe we should nail down actual dates?
Old 07-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #1876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning All, For our "rally" Just a thought for those that need to put requests in for the time off maybe we should nail down actual dates?
Well the 4th next year is on a Monday!

Jay,
I'll help you get the place together before hand. You're only 5 hours from me.

I've still got my hooks, climbing belt and rubber gloves. We'll do what we need, to set up this place for the Vets.

My Dad was a lifer in the Air Force.
Three Wars!
I grew up in the shadows of Heroes!