Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #1919

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good again this morning, Chilly this morning(50*) but sun is shining and supposed to go up to 80* today, so not bad. Rail, hope you find another good MH and you have at least as good a luck as you did with the last one.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #1920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Curtis, cooking on the car saves on power bills, of course the AC bill might take care of that. Lynne, I haven't seen any posts from Bap, there has been alot of flooding down there. Frank, cold front coming thru here now but just bringing cooler weather. Have a Great Day All.
I can gaureentee that any savings made in the Kitchen Cooking will be eaten up by the AC. At least our Summer HOT Season is going to be short this year. Having Summers with a 100 days of over 100' degree days is not that unusual. 105' to 115' are usually the temps in the 2nd and third week of August. But Summer has to get an early start tohit them. So with the cool temps (sub 100') this far into July means August are going to be bearable. At least we're not on the Equator. It gets really hot down there. (Lived in Puerto Rico for 3 years.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this am. Woke up a little early 5am and got up because need to leave at 7am for doctor appointments. Dressed in dark because wife Rebecca still asleep. Went over to hospital and sat down waiting to check in. Noticed I did not have wallet. Also noticed I forgot cell phone. At 7:30 checked in and I was at wrong place in hospital. Strolled to right place, checked in. 10 minutes later was told that today is the 15th and my appointment is the 16th. I do not understand that, because yesterday was the 15th because I paid some bills online and that is the date I wrote in the check register. Needed to get gas on way home, no wallet. Needed to stop by auto parts place and get some wiring, no wallet. Back home now. I am going to reset this day, and claim a do-over. Time for a nap.

ronspradley

You know Ron, if being Old was easy, Young people would doing it.
You got to be a seasoned "Aged" Veteran to be able to Survive it.
Congradulations on your Success!

Don't feel bad, I've played that same game too! I didn't enoy it either.

Up before Sunrise this morning. Porcha reminded me it's trash day and they have a new driver. Apparently he lives near us, so we are the first ones on his list for pickup. Last Driver didn't come by before 4PM, so this is going to take some adjustment.

Melissa, the Grandson and I are planning on seeing a Movie today during lunch. It's one of those restaurant movie theaters that brings your food to these really neat electric reclining seats with trays attached. The Movie is one of those Kids Movies, but the food is good. They got good BBQ! We really enjoyed our last Movie there that M and I went to.

Ya'll have a good day.

Wishing I was in the Tennessee Mountains parked under the trees, next to the river in the Motorhome and playing in the Kayak !
Rather than here in the almost too hot to breath Texas.
Oh Well! There is a reason GOD invented trees and wind!

Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #1921

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Coffee/cocoa great this morning. Well, the re-do seems to have worked. Made it to the doctors this am and all went well. Now loading my guard chihuahua Chico and my stuff and going to visit the MH that stays parked at my sister's, 80 miles away. Still trying to get stripes/decals/adhesive off and put on new color paint where stripes and paint were. Going from maroon to turquoise, hoping for 60's style RV colors leaning towards art deco and/or southwest colors. Tried to get this completed before 100 degree temps but life got in the way. Have a great day all.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #1922

Ron , that losing track of the day is all too familiar to most of us that have retired . I look at it as a plus because it usually doesn't matter.

Getting there a day early with a do over day is way better than a day late !

Well , I got up at 5am on my day off to try to beat the crowd to the wi-fi...............no connection !

Another perfect day in paradise other than that.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:24 PM   #1923

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Day All, Ron, when I worked for the school I went to work several times when we were closed , pulled in and nobody but me there. Maybe the 100 degree temps will make the decals soft.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:01 AM   #1924

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is even better this morning, not as cool this morning and going to be warmer this afternoon, but again, going to rain this afternoon.
I think all of us have had those days where you get there early. Last time I had to renew my drivers license, I was 2 years early, went to the DMV and the girl gave me a funny look and asked me why did I want to renew so early? Duhhh, boy did I feel smart,lol.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 07-17-2015, 11:27 PM   #1925

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Evening all,
Been awhile alls good been workcamping @ my brothers for the last 2 months. Having a blast. 1 Problem is I went to start the genie and all I get is click click, this is the first time its done this, hooked up a charger for 1/2 hour and still wont turn over. Any ideas? I also got the shower working if ya'll
remember that.
Thanks, tim

ps I really hate this laptop, I wish we had the desk top.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:19 AM   #1926

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning. Going to 90* today and tomorrow, YEAH!!!!! have only had 1 day of 90* so far this summer. Spritz, glad that you are having a fun time working. We missed you.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Old 07-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #1927

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Beautiful day out this AM. Sun is shining and it is supposed to reach 89 today. We leave in about 2 hours to do our first official camping trip. Rig is mostly packed, just turned the air on to cool it down for traveling and then wake up a bit and we are off.

Finally figured out the TV for watching movies in case of rain. Otherwise pan to be sitting at the camp fire relaxing.

Coffee is good this am and got it all ready in the rig for the trip.

Ron, We have patient's come in a week early or late, a day early or late, an hour early or late. We try to accommodate them whenever we can unless we cannot get nuclear product. It is just human nature and we don't consider it a big deal. Just part of life. I'm thinking about forgetting to go in on my last day of work.

You all have a great day, will message from the CG. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:38 AM   #1928

About to pull out one of the bikes and ride over to the local airport to meet the guys for breakfast and some bench racing. Always a fun way to start my Saturday watching the small planes come and go.
oh and the show offs are fun too. Our own little airshow.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #1929

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Great coffee, beautiful day. Winding up the master bathroom today. YAY!
2 more weeks and the S&B goes up for sale. Time to really get serious about nailing down a coach or we will end up in an Extended Stay somewhere.

Have a great day
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #1930

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning, coffee is good, Thanks Frank, just got back from walking my little girl. Another benny here is there is a creak that runs thru his place that run's into the lake. Its the old path the former farmer used to get to his fields with the tractor's, we walk to it in the morning's it's a grass path, and also the only way for us to get into the property with the MH. Its got water over it from the heavy rains the other night which has prevented us from leaving (). Maybe a few more days till it dries out a bit.
I got the genie running by jumping it with the toad, not sure why the battery charger wouldn't help. I had it hooked up over night. I let the jenny run a good 5 hours while I ran the AC. I shut the jenny off and tried to re-start it and all it does is just clicked again. I think its time for new batteries. 1 is from 2011 and 1 from 2014 and the third not sure as it was in the MH when we bought it. No problem we have power from the house. But will replace when we get home. I have used 2 Die-Hards and 1 Optima but think I might try Interstates, will any one care to give a opinion on them good or bad?
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #1931

Good afternoon,

Me and the wife road up to Dothan for church and had to stop by w-mart for a few things - on the way home we were stopped at a red light when here it comes, think it was about a 57 air float - probably about 30' - if I had been driving I think I would have ran it down for a picture - So Sweet -- it was the copper color maybe the only one I've ever seen - looked for picture on Internet this was as close as I could find - it looked almost perfect - just had to share my excitement

Hope everyone is well - pabell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	100590  
Old 07-19-2015, 07:59 PM   #1932

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Pabell, I would be exited seeing that trailer too. What a beauty!

Well, we are camping. CG is ok, will not come back because they are lax on their maintenance. Pity, the woods are beautiful. That is why we are staying. I love the woods. We have been sitting around the camp fire and just enjoying the peace and quiet. Two more days and then back home.

Have worked some more of deoxidizing the coach and it is going well. Will take a while, but where it is done it is shining. Will be Zepping it when done.

Home you all have a great night! Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »