Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #1933

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good evening gang,
Spritz,
the house batteries need to be changed together because they are tied together and if one is bad, it could take out the other one. The house batteries should also be deep cycle and not a regular starting battery. The coach battery can be a regular automotive type battery of the proper size.
Lynne,
Glad that you are enjoying your 1st outing, sorry that the campground isn't up to snuff for you. If you deoxidize a little at a time, then it isn't such a huge job, just keep at it and before you know it, you will have a nice shiny unit.
Pabell,
Wow, what a sight, that would be interesting to see, not everyday you see anything like that, let alone one that is in good shape.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #1934
bap

goooooodmorning gang,,,,dont know if any of you remember me but i remember all of you ,,,been exctremly busy here with all the flooding and debbies surgery but all is good,,,,,this has been the stormiest summer i think we have ever had trees falling on sons new garage was the worst as was wading 300yds in waist deep flood water getting the horses to safety...

i hope and pray all of you are well,,,,,i haVENT gone back threw the pages to check yet......
have a great day and stay safe...
Old 07-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #1935

bap
I'll save you the time to read all the posts..............
When we noticed you were not posting we started a pool and I was the only one to guess Flood , Surgery and Tree falling !!!!!!
Just kidding , Good to hear from you again!

PS You're almost too late to the party, Terry is working on the truck and the trailer is now officially USED !
Old 07-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #1936

Freightliner Owners Club
Bap,
Glad that Debbie's surgery went well, we wish her a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear about your son's garage, but that can be replaced. as long as no one got hurt. We were worried about you and the flooding, Lynne tried to call you to check on you, but the number that she had was no longer in use.
Frank
Old 07-21-2015, 01:26 AM   #1937

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Bap, so good to here from you, we were all worried, glad you and family are OK!! Don't be so long next time! I had "the old laptop died" on the pool!! Just kidding Take care buddy!! Rail!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:58 AM   #1938

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Beautiful morning, coffee very good this morning, Jewish rye toast was wonderful. The birds are singing, not too warm or cool, and loving it. Going to do the semiannual roof wash this morning so will have a project to do(finally). Did a little caulking up there yesterday.
Rail,
Any luck on finding the new MH?
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 07-21-2015, 06:26 AM   #1939

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

BAP, So glad to hear from you, we have been concerned. Please PM me with a new phone number. Sorry about the surgery, but so glad you made contact.

Got around half the deoxidizing done. Looks good, need to finish the rest and then wax. It will be much prettier after that.

Curtis, remember when we thought part of the many speakers in the MH were not working? We watched a couple movies last night and all of a sudden those speakers were blowing our ears off. Know how when you are in a movie theater there are surround sound speakers? Yep, surround sound. Man did that sound good. Loud, but good.

Yesterday a old Airstream pulled in next to us. 1967 Talked with the guy and of course, he redid some of it, but left it mostly original while installing some new items and keeping it looking like 1967. It is pristine. I told him about IRV2 and the Vintage thread so suspect he will come on. He sure has done a nice job on it and would fit right in.

We are going home today. Went to Camping World yesterday and got some things we needed. Next trip is in 5 weeks.

You all have a great day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #1940

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Great day here in central Texas. 100 degrees, good working weather. Been trying to remove old decals and put new paint on MH. Picture below. Trying to put on a color similar in shade to the old faded maroon. Subtle, nothing that is garish. This is the start.

ronspradley

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	repainting MH.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	100779  
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #1941

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning in the afternoon, Ron, looks good so far. Lynne, glad your looking forward to your next trip and the count down continues . Frank, how's the roof coming? Bap so good to hear from you, not so good with the flooding and trees down, good to hear the surgery went well. Have a great night all
Old 07-22-2015, 01:13 AM   #1942

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Frank, just emailed a guy today on a old beaver, for more info? Be carefull up on the roof!
Ron, the paint is looking good!
Lynne, getting all that old oxidation off is a job for sure! When you are done, and it is shining, you will be happy you did it!! I have done a few MH's and a few semi's, and found that if you get one of the small buffers at WalMart, it makes it a lot faster and much easy'r!!! They sell a 5" one that is easy to handle with one hand!
The coffee was very good today, and I am done with it now, had my 2 cups,(or should I say mugs) Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:16 AM   #1943

My "Saturday" day off so I slept in (7am).
I'm a little sore from bailing all the boats yesterday.
My turn to get some rain, but it has been only at night.
So far two nights in a row. more possible....but not my problem

I didn't go to get any ice cream yesterday !
Then one of the campers showed up 5 minutes before quitting time with a bowl of chocolate......my favorite ! Yummmmmmmm

I'm still trying to decide If I want to upgrade my Win 7 computer to Win 10
the days are ticking off to July 29th ....then I only have a year to do it !

I painted my stripes on the 'ol class C recently but the old ones were paint too so no decals to deal with. Not as nice looking as that but the rig is an '81 so didn't want to make the rest of it jealous.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-27-14 M2-Winter 3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	100801   Click image for larger version

Name:	LPC-M2-Right-new stripe.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	100802  

Old 07-22-2015, 06:18 AM   #1944

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Beautiful morning this AM and the coffee is hot and tasty. Worked some more last night on the de-oxidation and will work some more on it today. I May be able to finish today but if not will finish on Sat. Will do some detailing too. It sure does shine where I have finished. This is also pretty good arm exercise.

Rail, I got those pads from Walmart and they work great. Washed all my cloths last night so they are fresh for today. I have to get some more compound today since the other bottle is mostly empty. May have to redo the front and passenger side but will see when they are completely done. If I have to, it will be much easier.

Well, better get at it. You all have a good day and will be back probably the weekend. Lynne
Old 07-22-2015, 06:39 AM   #1945

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, and another beautiful day. Got front half of the roof done yesterday, came down to take a break and guess what, it started to rain, so maybe today I will finish it. No power in the park this morning, so no water(well water) So might have to wait till tomorrow to finish.
Ron and Popeye, nice job on the paint. You both are doing good work.
Rail,
Good luck on the Beaver, I hope that it works out for you.
Lynne,
Glad that you are enjoying your MH, Once you get the oxidation off the foirst time, it will be a lot easier to keep it looking good.

There is a '65 Fam Style Liner parked across from me. The guys are from Raleigh, NC. They are restoring it a little at a time, between going out and using it. They have the sides repainted and the front and rear stripped of paint and down to the aluminum. It actually looks pretty good, they have done a good job.
Ahhh, power just came back on, so I will get to finish the roof today.
Well, everyone have a great day,
Frank
Old 07-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #1946

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Well, finished the passenger side and rear of the MH. The basement doors look great except where they spilt something down the side and it just won't come off no matter how hard I work it. Going to have to stay there I guess. But those doors sure do shine. Look like they have been waxed and buffed.

The top part? It will need a second application. It shines better than it was but you can see that it just isn't quite there so I will do a second application. Will have to wait until the weekend.

All of the bottom is done all the way around. Doors are shining. Front is done except for very top. Will be well worth it when I can get it done. I have Zep waiting to be applied.

Then I start painting the handles on the doors and the one mirror. Anything else will probably be next year. It sure looks a lot better though.

You all have a nice night, see you this weekend. Lynne