Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #1947

Rail - there is a 97 Beaver on Lake City Florida Craigslist - just saw it and thought about you

Pabell
Pabell90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2015, 04:47 AM   #1948

Good morning all. Can't sleep this morning because the neighbor left his dog out all night and it would bark at everything that moved. We have coyotes , rabbits and other nocturnal critters moving around all night so just about the time I'd calm down and drift off she gets to barking again. Looks like me and this dog are gonna have a come to Jesus meeting. This dog is useless she can't do anything but bark.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:36 AM   #1949

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne,
Glad that you got the majority of your coach done and that it looks good. A lot of work, but the end result is worth it.
Curtis,
Sorry to hear that the neighbors dog kept you up, I know how frustrating that is.

Well, Finished the roof yesterday morning and it came out pretty good. The rubber still looks good and didn't find any tears or bad spots. Hopefully it will last a few more years.
Coffee good this morning, another beautiful morning, sun is shining, a little cool but not uncomfortable. Rita's son had a stress test for his heart yesterday and we got good news, heart shows good. Still a couple of other tests and throat surgery next Monday, so we are still praying.

Have a great day All,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #1950

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
evening,
Boy what a day, got up and first thing was to take the 64 home, it stalled on me on Tuesday and I had it towed home and we replaced the fuel filter. Ran fine all the way back to the MH. Had trouble yesterday with it so next project is to replace the fuel pump when ever we get back to the S&B.
The path to get out is dry today but there is a storm coming in tonight or early morning. So will I be able to get out?, we will find out in the the AM hoping not.
Fed the horses tonight with grass cut and done all by hand, also gave them some apples boy they really liked them.
Well its time to hit the sack, more to follow,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:48 PM   #1951

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Frank, glad your roof came out good, and I passed on the Beaver. The bathroom was too small for a big guy like me! Super nice, well taken care of, vintage (1984), Beaver MH! It is on rvtrader and craigslist, just n. of Effingham, IL. On the gillig chassis, air ride, air brakes, fresh motor(Cat 3208)and Allison trans.!
Curtis, I too did not get any sleep the night before last because of dogs! One of the neighborhood female dog was in heat, so, it was very noisey, with all the scuffels between the suiters!!
Good to hear that BAP is OK, just a little wet!!
Jay, the swelling will go down, use a bag of frozen peas!
Tim, horses love apples, it is their favorite! Glad you are having a great time! Enjoy!!
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 07-24-2015, 04:55 AM   #1952
bap

gooooodmorning gang,,,,,talking about horses and apples i know ours are enjoying ours now and we have a few other friends enjoying them in my father-in-laws yard accross the street from us..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA,S BACKYARD PIX 001.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	618.7 KB
ID:	100967  
Old 07-24-2015, 04:57 AM   #1953

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, weather again a little cool this morning but will warm up to the mid 80's by this afternoon, and no rain.
Rail,
Sorry that the Beaver didn't work out, but we know that you will find something.
Tim,
Sorry that the 64 is giving you problems, hope that the rain holds off till after you get the MH out of the field.
Bap,
What a wonderful view, glad to see that you got your internet back, we all missed you.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:05 AM   #1954
bap

i have missed all of you guy,s as well,,,,----

yes it is fun to watch the deer come in the yard,,,they are not afraid of us at all,,,wouldnt suprise me if they ate from our hand sometime,,, we have had about 8 or 10 generations coming to us now.....
well going out to work on the 63 before the heat hits and then run some fencing and hopefully get some grass cut...lol....
Old 07-24-2015, 06:16 AM   #1955

Wish we had some deer out here but it's too noise with the small airport in my back yard. Several of the pilots are at Oshkosh this week so looking forward to hearing the stories when they get back.

Last night right at sundown one of the TV 6 Texas went up and gave the neighborhood an airshow. Was so engrossed in watching I didn't even think to get a video of him
So much fun to was him dive and buzz the field.

Neighbors dog and I had a training session last night and she stopped barking about 11 pm. So I got almost a full night sleep.

Well gotta get up and go make a fresh pot of coffee. Going to use the beans my daughter in law gave me from Puerto Rico. Definitely a different tasting beans.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:33 AM   #1956
bap

we use to use our pasture as a runway when we flew powered parachutes,,,those things were a blast ....had to watch out for the deer then aswell...lol..

i thought about you curtis when we were getting flooded,,,i know how ya felt my friend..
Old 07-25-2015, 06:56 AM   #1957

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Moring All,

Love the deer pictures as we see those both S and N or us almost daily. N field is where he Momma's usually raise their young. Course the turkeys are making it home also. Sometimes more out there than we can count.

Coffee good this am. Going to go out and try the second coat of deoxidizing on the back of the rig. With still w--king I have to work on it when I get the time so it will take most of the summer. Not going to do more than that because I have other things to do.

You all have a good day. For those barking dogs, earplugs. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:09 AM   #1958
bap

gooodmorning folks,,,,coffe is good this AM,,,,and well needed...lol..

LYNNE may have to come visit you during turkey season,,,,lol...

everyone have a great day

...bap
Old 07-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #1959

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

You and Debbie would be welcome. You can sit on my front porch and shoot them. Leave the MH at home and stay with us.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
we use to use our pasture as a runway when we flew powered parachutes,,,those things were a blast ....had to watch out for the deer then aswell...lol..

i thought about you curtis when we were getting flooded,,,i know how ya felt my friend..

I was into powered parachutes about 20 years ago.
Loved them, but where I live now there are not enough low wind days a year to justify owning one out here.

Been trying to talk myself into getting into Gyro's, but being retired means that big disposable income went away too.

I really need to pick one hobby and stick with it!

The ride to breakfast was good today. I took the Kawasaki and rode some dirt roads through a shortcut and kicked up a lot of dust! My short cut takes about 5 miles off my route to the Airport Cafe where we meet.