Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 05:33 AM   #1961

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, weather not too bad either. A little cloudy but supposed to clear up and be sunny by this afternoon. Christmas in July here at the park yesterday, a lot of the seasonals had their christmas decorations and lights up outside their units. Santa and Mrs. Claus were riding on the hayride last night. A lot going on here.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #1962
bap

thanks for the invite LYNNE ,,,,you never know where we show up,,,lol..and if you ever get this way you have to stop in here or camp over at carter caves ,,nice little place just 15 minutes from our house....since ive been on here i have often thought it would be great if we all could do a meet over there...

debbie and our son daughter and grandsons are heading down to the smokey mtn,s monday,,,im staying behind on this trip and get some workdone on the tt,s...

everyone have a great day,,,,,,,stay safe !!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:33 AM   #1963

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Gang,

Had my coffee this am and fell asleep in my chair, Don't know the last time I did that. It was kind of nice. Then I went outside and worked on the de-oxidizing. Plan to put the first coat of Zep wax on the back today. Will see what it looks like before applying it to the whole thing. Sure is looking better though. There are spots on the sides I can't seem to get clean enough but I think the PO had spilt something there and didn't clean it off and it is there for good.

Hope you all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:04 PM   #1964

Winnebago Owners Club
Evening everyone;
Janet and I along with 2 other couples have made it to Montrose, CO for a bike rally. So far put on 2106 miles. Stops in Havre MT, Cody WY, Silt CO and Canon City CO. Had some great rides with good twisties. Saw some very interesting scenery and attractions. Tomorrow going on an organized ride on the million dollar highway. Next day on the Black Canyon ride.

Hope everyone has a great time. I have been doing a lot of reading trying to catch up on all of the activities on the forum and the threads.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:14 AM   #1965

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee going down well. Still on yesterdays brew.
beamisl you should try Mothers Brazilians carnauba paste wax it will take the oxidation off and give a nice shine, I used it on mine this spring and was happy with the results.
We are planning on going home tomorrow, my brothers say's we are welcome to stay if we want. He says his property hasn't looked this good for years. I mow and weed whip for 3-4 days then start all over 2 months now. I really would like to stay but I am low on propane the fridge is working flawlessly and it has run on the propane for the entire time we have been here I think that is pretty good.
I bought a fishing license and would like to go fishing before we go, so we might just stay a few days longer. A lot of Bass just off his dock, the fisherman are there every morning. Never caught a bass before so that would be fun and tasty so I have heard,,,
The neighbor lady made rubons(sp) and we had them on the pontoon cruise last night, they were very good and so was the cruise.
I need to replace the 3 batteries on the MH and a fuel pump on the 64.
That's about it for now
Stay cool.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #1966
bap

good to hear your wax job is still doing well spritz,,,i remember when you were doing it..----if you ever get dwn here i can put you on some great small and largmouth bass spots,,,

well,,the family is on there way to the smky mtns and im sitting here all alone,,,sounds strange already not hearing debbie asking what im doing now or the grandsons asking what about going fishing or 4wheeling bap....lol...dont know if i can handle this for very long,,,,lol-------was getting ready to go replace the vent fan on the 63 with a fantastic fan that just arrived but rain has set in,,,,just may have to work on a nap...i never seem to get the chance to work on that so now maybe a good time,,,,lol...----NAW--- gonna fire up the quad and sling some mud roostertails hardly ever get a chance to work on that either,,,,do that first then the nap,,,thats my plan for now,,,,heeehee-----latter gang....
Old 07-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #1967

I got a short video of a Loon family loonin' it up on the lake today. Can't post it , the wi'fi is way to slow here.

I've got all the kids trained to come down to the boathouse for the pirate joke of the day and a free freeze pop. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

What's Cap'n Hook's favorite place to shop ??????????????

The second hand store !
Old 07-27-2015, 02:20 PM   #1968
bap

thats a goodone popeye,,,lol...

i needed that,,,,,i thought i would go down a brush hog the front pasture after 4 laps around flames started coming up around my legs from the front of the tracktor,,not sure what happened but she is burnt up and still smoking dwn in the field as i type this,,,looks like i will be tracktor shopping now,,,....hate that,,that old 460 long was like part of the family,,,got ALOT of seat time on that ole tracktor...may leave her dwn there as an ornament..
Old 07-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #1969

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Evening Gang,
Coffee could have been good this morning, it was about 430 when I had it so I was still sleeping. Took Rita's son for his throat surgery, and am happy to repot that everything went well, and also his kidney doctor called him yesterday( yes, on Sunday) and told him that he didn't need to keep his appointment, his blood work numbers came back a lot better and that the medicine that he is on should do the trick. Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.
Happy days,
Frank
Old 07-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #1970

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Coffee is tasting very good today!! Goodmorning everyone!!
Frank, that is great news!
Bap, OHHHHHNOOOOOO!!!! Those old tractors are like part of the family!
Popeye, sounds like you are having a great time workcamping! Argh!!!
Gordon, glad you and Janet are have a great ride! Enjoy!
Lynne, do you have to wear sunglasses to look at your baby?
Have not heard from Jay for a few days?? I bet he is busy as a one arm'd paper hanger!!
Same with Bobby, the glass shop must be keeping him busy!!
Terry is getting so close to being done!!!
Tim, make sure you have 10lb test line, when you hook into one of those Bass!!
Pabell, the roof is looking good!
Piker, keep at it, you are doing a fantastic job!
Everyone, take care, and enjoy!! Rail!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:11 AM   #1971
bap

FRANK, that is great news...sorry i didnt know anything about it or my prayers would have been sent...

RAIL.. it is sad ...it,s been in the family for over 20yrs,,thought the grandsons would take her over one day,,,but she is a total loss,,,,looks like fuel leak on burnt starter wires...is what could have happened..----i cant belive how fast it went up in flames without any sign of a problem...thank god it wasnt a little gas tracktor she would have just blown up with me on it...

anyway,,,,,everyone have a safe and great day...
Old 07-28-2015, 06:15 AM   #1972

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, that's great news . Bap, crazy about your tractor, good your okay. Have a Great Day All.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:06 AM   #1973

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Thank you all for your well wishes, it has been the best results that we could have hoped for.
Bap, sorry about your tractor, glad that you are ok, that is the important thing.
Have a good day all, and stay safe.
Frank
Old 07-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #1974
bap

i think i just maybe able to save the old girl after all,,,,here are a couple pix of it,,
i didnt even notice the flames untill they were coming up my legs and around the steering wheel...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FALLEN OAK,,AIRSTREAM,TRACKTOR 043.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	101379  

« Total Rebuild | - »