Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #1975
bap

i think i need a new dash,,,,and i hope it just looks worse than it is...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FALLEN OAK,,AIRSTREAM,TRACKTOR 042.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	101383   Click image for larger version

Name:	FALLEN OAK,,AIRSTREAM,TRACKTOR 041.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	101384  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #1976

New wires and hoses a little fluff and buff and she'll be as good as new...... (hoping)....this could be the next project to follow after Terry's TH.....we will need something else to watch the progress of....

Old 07-28-2015, 10:44 AM   #1977
bap

lol,,,,i think she will buff right out,,,,,---i just pulled her up out of ther pasture and priced stuff and i should only be around 1500 in parts,,,,----then another paint job,,,,,she will be working the farm again by next spring...

just repainted her 2 yrs ago and filled her full of diesel fuel 20 minutes before she caught fire.....-----bad stuff always happens when i fill up a tank on something,,,never when its close to empty...i dont think i will fill up fuel tanks anymore,,,just leave it a little low,,,lol
Old 07-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #1978

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Bap,
If it didn't melt anything besides wiring, or maybe a fuel line or two, then with a little work, you are probably correct in being able to save the old girl.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #1979
bap

everything rubber is gone,,,if nothing else i will rebuild her back good as new no matter the cost,,,,,she has served us well and alot of great seat time has been spent on her...-i was on her during 911 and saw air force 1 when it had to make the emergency landing here among that many plans have been made while sitting in that ole boat seat i put on her after the horses ate the original...lol--and is part of the family the more i look at her the more i cant let it get me down,,,,we will probably pick up another used one to use while we put her back to use,,i need at least 49hp, but i have been wanting (needing) a compact 4x4 with loader anyway..
Old 07-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #1980

I always seem to be posting on goodmorning in the evening,,,,,when I get up most of you haven't posted yet so there's nothing to say 6am eastern.

Frank
Great to hear how it went bet you're all breathing a little easier now !

BAP
Wow , that was a close one , I'm sure you'll have it up n runnin' again in no time.

Terry you described him pretty well , he treated his friends like brothers and his enemies ???? Well , he had 25 assaults on his sheet and those are just the ones he got caught on !
He was like Eastwood in the "any which way" movies , liked to just let them try till he tasted a little blood , then wrapped it up very quick.

Here's today's pirate joke

What do you call a quivering ship at the bottom of the sea ?????????

A nervous wreck !

I'd post some more interesting but worried I might get banned
These are for the kids , well , we're all kids till we grow up , right?
Don't expect that any time soon for me
Old 07-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #1981
bap

im not growing up brother,,,,i have seen what thats like,,,,lol,,,

keep the pirate jokes coming my youngest grandson is a pirate at heart and loving your jokes,,,as much as i do....,,,,thanks,,,
Old 07-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #1982

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, another hot one today, in the 90's again. Looks like we are going to be heading to an abbreviated trip to Pennsylvania and up state New York, going to leave the end of next week.
RVPopeye,
Thanks, yes Rita is like herself again, was a rough month.
Bap,
The dash looks like the worst part, the hoses and wires should be no problem for you, just some research and a lot of work. If a replacement dash is too expensive or not available, you could always take a sheet of aluminum cut to fit and install an inexpensive set of aftermarket gauges.
Frank
Old 07-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #1983

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Bap, I've done a few of those types of restorations, messy but its just nuts and bolts shouldn't be too bad. Popeye, my granddaughter is loving your pirate jokes. Frank, you'll have to let me know when and where in upstate your going maybe we can meet up, Eleanor is planning a trip but not set in stone yet. Have a Great Day All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #1984
bap

goodmorning gang,,,,,yea the dash is cheap for these old tracktors as is the wireing harness,,,i already thought about a custom dash and gauges though...lol..and ur right about messy ....cant even look at it without getting dirty....lol...

frank,,,very happy to hear rita,s feeling alot better...

popeye,,,,we excpect a new pirate joke thise evening...lol..

everyone stay safe today.....it,s going to be another scorcher here,,so im going out to beat the heat and install a fan-tasticfan on the 63...
Old 07-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #1985

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Looks like another beautiful day out there today other than they are threatening thunder storms for later. I actually love watching storms so I enjoy when they boil through.

Coffee good as usual and I enjoy relaxing and drinking it. We have a state CG within 20 minutes of us that we have never had reason to go to due to not camping before. Went to check out the park yesterday and WOW!

Nice private camp sites, lots of woods and space and clean. They also have a lake and it is huge. Water for filling tanks and electric at most sites, a store with ice and wood and other items, and quiet. Dump station and water fill. Will definitely be doing weekend camping here instead of driving an 1 hour so to find another CG. Over a weekend we can use our water tank and the bathhouse. Beach was beautiful!

Popeye, like your jokes. Glad all are doing well, sorry about that tractor Bap but I bet you can fix it.

Hope you all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:53 AM   #1986

Terry,
I will let you know for sure next week, but it looks like we will be in Binghamton around the 21, 22, 23 of August, we will probably stay on the west side off of Rt 17 or I 85 or whatever it is called now for 2 to 4 days. Will send you a PM with my phone number when we finalize our plans. We have to make sure there is a spot for us at the different campgrounds first.
Frank
Old 07-29-2015, 08:02 AM   #1987
bap

lynne,,,,happy you found a cg close by,,,,,thats like carter cave state park that i have talked about only 15 minutes from our front door----funny how we over look some of the best spots that are so close to home...
Old 07-29-2015, 08:02 AM   #1988

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
That sucks bap! Will give you something to do, thats for sure.

Well, it's a beautiful day out this morning. Got all my work work done and now am out to prep the ole DutchStar for a voyage beginning Friday early AM!