Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:11 AM   #1989

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Glad that you found the park close to you, after Frankenmuth we might check it out, not sure, we can discuss it when we see you in September.
Steph,
Have a nice an safe trip, keep us posted on where you have been.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 08:42 AM   #1990

Good morning all. Had a rough night so I'm just now getting up. 8:30 AM

The best thing about old tractors is you can still get OEM parts for them. As long as the engine and transmission aren't damaged I'd rebuild it too!

Hopefully the injector pump is not hurt because that would be the expensive part. Wires and hoses for a tractor are child's play to build on the old ones. I'll bet you can even get a factory replacement dash for it online.

Just remember that not all sellers are the same price. Some drive Mercedes and some sellers still drive their pop's old truck.

Thinking of stripping mine down this winter for a new paint job. It will be its first since my Dad bought it in 1984.

Like you said, it is a good thing it wasn't a gas motor or you'd have been flambeau.

Love the Pirate jokes for the kids. I can just hear them clamoring with their parents to go down to the dock to get the days joke.

Well its gonna be a hot one today. Think I'll go get the day started.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #1991

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
Coffee is going down well,
Had the AC going all day yesterday and today it's 69 degrees brrrrrr,
Well we are back to the S&B and stayed in the MH. I guess I'm afraid of withdrawal!!!! only been in the house once. I want to go back to the lake/Farm something terrible. Never got to drop a line. The bass will just keep growing I guess.

bap, Sorry to see the tractor fried like that. Is it a Ford? I always like the Ford tractor of that vintage. Looked at a few while out at my brothers. Glad your going to restore it.
I am hoping my new fuel pump comes today for the 64, hate to see her just sitting in the garage. Going Battery shopping today for the MH, still leaning towards Interstates.
That's it for me,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #1992

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Coffee/cocoa good. Woke up early, to get a head start on today's agenda. Should be last day of prep for more paint for MH. Should get tape and paper on, ready for primer. Might even get primer on late this afternoon. With temperatures above 100 degrees, I usually break around 1pm and cool off and rest. Then back outside after 6pm. At least the paint dries fast. Everyone stay safe out there. Let us have no more fires.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #1993
bap

yes the tracktor is a long,,,same thing as the ford,,,,,,parts are easy to come by,, its been a great working tracktor,,,,my father in law bought it years ago and we had just done a paint job on her last yr or the year before....the worst part is my time frame working on 3 vintage TT,s almost done with the 63,,was goin to install a new vent fan thise morning but it,s already in the upper 90,s here and so humid you cant even breath outside,,,--so gonna put it off untill after 6 this evening and just let the dogs come inside the house and kick back..do some research on another project i have going on ---rebuilding the clutch on my 660 grizzly atv....i havent torn into a cvt before and im running over sized tires on it so i think i blew the clutch or something,,,,i hope its just a belt but i need to upgrade the clutch for the tires and xtra power im putting to the ground...lol-------stay safe folks..
Old 07-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #1994
bap

whaaaat no pirate jokes last night.....u ok or did they make ye walk the plank....

the dw coming home today so my few days of getting chores done before she gets back----i better get started on them----lol---there only 4 hrs away but add another hr for breakfast at the log cabin,,,,,---i better get off here and get some work done...lol..
everyone have a safe day...
Old 07-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #1995

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Well, packing up (probably too much) stuff today for early AM Friday departure.

RainX'd my windshield yesterday, will see how that goes. Took longer than cleaning the entire coach! Can't wait to riddle it with bugs in the first half hour! Inspected wipers, they are shot and can't find replacements locally. Oh well, will drive with smears and pick some up on my drive.

How much did the Pirate pay for his peg and hook?

An arm and a leg! Hahahahahaaaa arrrgggghh.

Steph and Eden

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-30-2015, 09:12 AM   #1996
bap

thanks for the pirate joke....i liked that one...lol......but im worried about popeye those kids must have made him walk that plank...

have a safe trip,,,watch out for them bugs and i hope you can find wiper blades soon,,
rainx is ok but it bothers me at night looking threw a haze,,,,but it may just be me im finiky about a clean windshield,,,i dont even like things hanging from rearview mirror..
Old 07-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #1997

Nahhhhh,it was worse than the plank,,,, they set me adrift in the sea of no wi-fi

Oh my goshk ! The arm and leg was the one I was gonna post last night.......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh
Looks like Miramichi is buckin' fer a plank walk

Sticking to that theme...and a two-fer!

What did the pirate pay to have his ears pierced ???

What's a pirates favorite price for corn ???

A buccaneer.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #1998

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Where is everyone?
Leaving for the farm/lake again today
The fuel pump came yesterday for the 64 but will need to install when we get back.
Installed the new batteries in the MH yesterday and both the genie & the 454 has never turned over so fast,so fast. I guess 1,000 CCA help's
Back to packing,
Have a good one,
Tim
oyea coffee is good.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:35 PM   #1999

Perfect day here at the lake today , 85* 15mph breeze off the lake low humidity and partly cloudy so having some shady breaks.

Now back to business........

What is a pirate's favorite meal ???????????

BaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrBQ
Old 07-31-2015, 07:08 PM   #2000

Ok I just noticed that my last post was #1999 so to claim the booty of #2000..........................

What is a pirate's favorite letterrrrrrrrrrrrrr?????

If you guessed arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh , you'd be wrrrrrrrong !
It's X ,,,Do you know why ??????
Becuzzzzz X marks the spot where treasure be buried and everyone knows that treasure is way more important than another excuse to say arrrrrrrrrggggggh matey !!!!!!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:40 PM   #2001

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Popeye,
You are too funny. was a beautiful day here too, about the same 85* give or take a couple and around a 15mph breeze.

Well changed the fuel filter on the TV today and washed the windows on the 5er, I think I will pass on washing the whole thing this time, but I will wash and treat the tires and wheels, because they are all muddy from where we came in 2 months ago. Yesterday aired up all the tires, all within 5 psi except 1outside right rear on TV was flat, checked it this morning and it was still up, I guess I will keep an eye on it, trying to get 1 more winter out of the tires and then I will put 6 new ones on. Might put them on this winter if I find a good deal.
All, have a good night, catch you all in the morning.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #2002

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Beautiful day here in central Texas. Another 103 degree day. Early this morning got some more paint put on old MH. Still have to paint over the rest of the maroon paint. But tomorrow back to house and visit with wife Rebecca and my new twin granddaughters. Then back at it, maybe can finish up next week. Y'all all stay safe out there.

ronspradley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH old paint.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	101715   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH new paint.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	101716  

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.