Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #2031

Lynne
That's one picture that will never make it onto a tourist brochure !
bap
That's supposed to be an eezy pezy surgery , strange what the cataract was caused by though.......

Today , I'm going to go with an almost AARRRRRRRRRR rated pirate joke.

Where does a pirate plant his seed ?????????????????

In the gaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrden , what were YOU thinkin' ??????
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #2032
bap

thanks popeye,,----and welll.,,,,,,,where else would he plant his seed.......lol
......the steriod,s in the inhallers is wht caused the cataract,,,,everyone in our family has had them removed except me...all in the last couple yrs.,,,,,what amazes me is how many people have to have them removed,,,the hospital is packed everytime on what they call eye day...-------the surgery only takes 10 minutes and then another 10 for pressure test ...

have a great and safe day-----nice rainy an cool morning...after i have this cup i just may have to go out to the 63 and test out the new memory foam mattress,,,,,lol
Old 08-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #2033

For the next week , mid 70s and low humidity
It must be time for another ice cream.

Why did the pirate cross the ocean ???????

To get to the other side ..........................

(Hey I had to get to it sooner or later)
Old 08-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #2034

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Popeye, toooo funny.
Good evening gang,
Well spent 2 hours yesterday cleaning the truck, today got most everything packed up and should be out of here before 9am. Will be good to get back on the road, been sitting for 2 months now and I am raring to go. This month will add 2 more states to our map, 1 next month and 1 in Sept.We only put on the states that we have stayed in, not just driven through.
Catch everyone for a couple minutes with coffee in the morning,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #2035

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening,
Coffee is still going down tonight.
Got in late Friday night, spent till today in his Driveway. My brother and I decided to trim a few branches so I can just drive down the old tractor path off his driveway. Instead of getting trapped by flooded path.
Currently raining and the fly's are just terrible yesterday and today. I went and bought some glue strips and hung 2 up and have a few stuck already.
well got to go Dinner is ready or maybe I should say breakfast having scrabble eggs and ham.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:50 AM   #2036

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee extra good this morning, sun is shining, nice blue skies with a few whispy white clouds. DW forgot to pick up a prescription so leaving before 9 just got blown out of the water, drugstore doesn't open till 9, so it will be a long travel day today. Oh well, it is what it is. I slept in till 730 this morning so I would have had to rush to get ready anyhow.
Have a great day all, hopefully will be in Manheim, Pa this evening,
Frank
Old 08-07-2015, 06:09 AM   #2037

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Frank, safe travels , Tim, The work will be worth not getting trapped and not getting out. Popeye, too funny . Bap, if what ails you don't get'cha the cure will, its a case of what do you want to do, hope Debbie is well and can see okay now. Have a Great day All.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:15 AM   #2038

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Taking a break on putting paint on MH and today Rebecca and I are taking MH (and 3 dogs) to Houston east to visit family and friends. My brother, her brother, nieces and nephews. I will finish painting when we get back. Everyone stay safe out there.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:54 AM   #2039
bap

goodmorning everyone,,,another cool and cloudy day today,,,i actually had to wear long sleve shirt and pants yesterday...lol--debbies seeing great,,----she said i looked older,,,they must hav e put in the wrong lense or something...lol

to everyone traveling---i pray for your safe traVELS,,,----and if any of u are traveling us60 this weekend be xtra carefull its the us 60 yard sale,,----all of it is bumper to bumper at 5mph or dead stop...
Old 08-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #2040

BAP, good to hear Debbie is getting her cataracts removed. I too had them at an early age from steroids. I had asthma all my life and the Inhalers I had to used gave them to me. When I was 48 my Dr. was going to declare me legally blind because of mine.

I could see clearly (enough to drive) for about 20 feet. but everything was a blur after that, and reading was a challenge.

I got my right eye done first. Because the surgery was still in the experimental stages we only risk one. The Surgery went well, but I was so light sensitive I had to stay in a dark room for three months, and any trips outside meant wearing a blacked out goggle on that eye. Working outdoors was really difficult.
Like I said it was still experimental surgery back then so I waited 10 years before I had the left eye done.

The left eye was a breeze. Now 7 years back, they had the process down to a fine art. Surgery was on a Friday, I was normal in 2 days and back working outside on Monday afternoon. Cant imagine how slick it must be by now.

I had a bi-focal lens put in the left eye so I could read better, but my brain had shut off the left eye input for so long I still can't read well with that eye. But the first lens is good enough I use it to read without glasses.

My Second Dr. even tried RK, PRK and several other laser surgeries to correct the focal point of the left eye for reading, but to no avail. The cool part is the first Surgery took 90 minutes and the second time about 5 minutes.

Is Debbie going to need the other eye done? If so tell her not to wait too long. The her brain will shut down input from the bad eye if she waits too long and it will be hard to get it turned back on again.

I can blink and force my brain to accept input from the left eye, but its a manual effort and still irritating that its not automatic. I paid a lot of extra $ for the Bi-Focal Lens and can't even use it.

Still, its a heck of a lot better than being blind!
And the only glasses I wear are Sun Glasses!

Oh Hey Ya'll! Headed to the Ranch to cut firewood for the winter. Anybody want to visit, come on down. Well be cooking our meals on the hood of our cars.
102 degrees today, 105 tomorrow!

Gotta love Texas weather!

Cool Pictures Lynne! I miss the rain! (A little)

PS: Odd thing about my asthsma! When I started racing bicycles (in my mid 30's) and excersizing a LOT, my Asthsma mostly went away. Wonder why the Dr's didn't tell me to start running to build up my lungs when I was younger? I rarely need a rescue inhailer now! And I only carry my ventilator when we travel for "just in case"! Cant remember when I took my last treatment!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:56 AM   #2041

Winnebago Owners Club
BAP - glad Debbies surgery went well. It is a wonder what medicine can do nowadays. Obviously you will have to toe the line now that she can see farther and clearer.

Hope they never develop a surgery to improve the eyes in the back of their heads. We would be cooked.

Janet and I made it home last night. Our MC trip is complete. Travelled 6767 km (4229 m) in just under a month. Only ran into rain once during the trip and that was a good part of yesterday. Stopped under an overpass for about 20 minutes while a heavy storm passed by. Bikes were needing a good wash so the rain cleaned a lot of bugs off.

Has taken a while to catch up on the thread. Enjoying the pirate jokes.

Glad everyone is doing well.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #2042

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooodmorning!!!

Sure have missed you guys. sounds like everyone is doing well. Warms my heart.

Busy as a one armed paper hanger here. 2 months behind schedule but now almost ready to sell. Upside they sell really fast in this neighborhood.

FINALLY got the tile done in the master bath, will install the sinks today. Patty will finish up the trim painting and that room is done. I'll post some pics in CLAC in the next couple days. The room was fine before but, being a CLACer I decided to give it some WOW factor. We think I pulled it off.

We donated a boat load of stuff to charity this week and the waste management folks are dropping a dumpster out front early next week. Real estate agents are stopping by and we will do a walk through and see if there are any minor tweaks that need to be done before they list us.

Scheduling the roofer for the new roof. Our tired 30 yr old cedar shake roof is toast and I have been patching it for the last five years just to get by. $35K to redo in cedar so we are going with the Presidential Series asphalt shingles. Even that is crazy expensive. $14K.

Moving 95% of our stuff to storage next week and having a stager set the place up while it's on the market. We will still be living in the home but with minimal stuff.

First trip to OK is finally coming up. While there we will be going to a few MH dealers down in Texas and see what we can find. Hopefully we will find "The One" and take it back to WA and load up our stuff in in it. At that point we will move out of the house and into the coach. We'll spend a little time with the inlaws and the grandkids while waiting for the house to close. depending on how long it takes to sell I may head to the farm in OK and Patty will stay behind and max out her time with the girls before we leave.

GoFundMe finally certified Liberty Farms as a Charity but we had to start a totally new campaign. Should you be so inclined to support our project to turn disabled veterans into farmers you can find our campaign here Liberty Farms Veteran Training by Jay Michael Devereaux - GoFundMe

In case any of you missed it before, you are invited to "Rally" at the farm July 4th 2016. Massive fireworks show, live music, dirtbike/quad/4x4 track and hog roast.

Have an awesome day. May the good lord bless you all and those you love.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #2043

Back to work today and it was BUSY. Perfect weather for a boat ride.

And now for the important stuff.............

What do you get when you cross a pirate with a zucchini ?????????

A squashbuckler !
Old 08-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #2044

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Evening Gang,
Got in about 4pm with no problems, had a nice drive, ran about 62mph most of the way, except in the construction zones, there I run the posted speed. Seems like I am the only one.
Lloyd in SC,
You are correct, the park is very nice, and the people are more than friendly, they bend over backwards to make sure you have a pleasant stay.
Jay and Curtis,
Glad to hear from you both, we missed you guys.
Weather in the mid 80's this afternoon and lows tonight in the low to mid 60's.
catch you all in the morning,
Frank