Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #2059

Yup need to look into it....friend of ours in red river nm has a house with three of his property lines shared with BLM land and he has a game camera and we have seen elk coyote bear dear and mountain lion....it really is pretty awersome...

Been watching these twins since they had spots now they are losing them and about half grown....they come up behind the house on occasion used to drink out of the cattle troughs back before we moved the herd to our other place bout an hour away....need to get some maintenance done on our trees pasture and fence....drought killed bout 40 trees then when the floods came it washed all the dead fallen limbs trees and crap from the neighbors place onto ours....been working at least three hours a day out there trying to get it back to where I can be proud of it again.....
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #2060
bap

man i understand about flood damage and trash from up stream,,,i use to run barb wire but now i only use 1 strane of electric,,,,that barbwire caught everything..
i feel for ya,,,,alot of work...
Old 08-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #2061

It is but I really enjoy the feeling of seeing it done have had 5 20 foot across by 12 foot tall bon fires so far and 5 or six more to go....but now under a burn ban and running out of spots I can build them...lol
Old 08-10-2015, 05:14 AM   #2062

Good morning gang,

Keep us in your prayers, doing something I'm not crazy about this morning - flying with wife to a conference in Marco Island, I sure can use some down time but I know I'll be out of my element. She has training classes for 4 days but we plan to stay for a week.

About 1 hr drive to airport - 2 hr layover in Atlanta - fly to Fort Myers - rent car then another hr to Marco Island. Will be traveling most of the day.

I would rather just have a week to be at home but I'm sure if I stayed home I wouldn't get any rest. We've been planning trip for a while and I hope to be able to just CHILL for a few days. Something I don't do very often.

Hope all a blessed day - pabell
Pabell90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:41 AM   #2063

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
A little rain this morning, but not a gully washer, so not bad, the grass and other vegetation need the water. Pabell, hope you have a safe and relaxing trip. Going to tour the Turkeyhill ice cream factory today, and at least 1 of the local wineries. About half the park cleared out yesterday, so it is really quiet this morning.
Have a god day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:59 AM   #2064
bap

pablell, just kick back and enjoy the ride.....my prayers for you both for a safe trip..
....i love to fly,,,,take offs and landings are the best part...

coffee good this morning,,,was up untill 0300 and up at crack of dawn,,,gonna be one of those days...lol....
stay safe my friends..

and mkholer----bon fires are good.... the only good after a flood..

frank enjoy that ice cream for me,,,ive had to cut myself off of it,,,i have gained 30lbs this summer because of an ice cream addiction...lol...----have fun buddy..
Old 08-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #2065

Still Kicking! But a little bummed this week. Saturday I got word my best friend and Co Worker, when I was still working, died early that morning. He and I have worked together since 1975. We fought a lot of battles (Storms) and put up with a lot of stress through the years.
A real Brother in Arms!

He'd been fighting MS for 15 years. Dr's gave him 18 months at the most when he was diagnosed. He was so stubborn, he out lived that predictoin by 14 years. But that was my friend! His Funeral is Thursday and I've spent the weekend trying to contact all our former Co Workers and let them know of his passing. Gonna be a big Funeral!

And if you guys are enjoying weather temps under 100 you are lucky.
We are pretending we are Arizona today here in North Central Texas this week.

106 yesterday and predicted 107 today. But hey, it's Summer! It'll be gone in 2 weeks and then we'll enjoy our After Summer season. Actually with all the rain we had in the Spring, we are having a short Summer season THIS Year.
That's a good thing, Ya'll!

I should buy a trail camera. I have a 3 gallon water feeder I fill up every day. It is the closest watering hole for the wild critters for about a mile radius.

Had to get the neighbor to lock up his (Black Lab) dog inside every night bcause she would bark at all the Rabbits, Coyotes, Skunks and Deer that come in to drink every night and EARLY morning. The worst part of it is her corner fence, nearest the water bucket, is just out side my bedroom window. The critters have learned she won't jump the fence, so they don't even give her a seconds thought, but that just means I don't get any sleep with her loose in her yard.

I HATE Barking Dogs. For 36 years I made my living working in Customers yards with barking dogs threatening to eat me the entire time. Some even bit me!
Sometime keeping the lights on just wasn't worth the hassel! So I'd tag the door and tell them, "Put up the Dogs and I'll come back and get your lights back on. Call us when you get this message and get the dogs in!"

Would you believe we actually had some customers chain their dogs up to our equipment, then get mad at us because we wouldn't work on the power box with the dog trying to eat us! That's a SPESHUL KIND of Stupid!

Well, gotta go get some welding done in the shop before it heats up!
Old 08-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #2066
bap

curtis soo sorry for your loss,,,debbie and i will send prayers for the family..,,,
Old 08-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #2067

Winnebago Owners Club
Condolences Curtis. Always tramatic when you lose someone who is close to you.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:56 AM   #2068

Coffee is great this morning....Dr told me I was b12 deficient and put me on a nasal spray of b12....now I have a hard time sleeping.....so on mornings like these coffee is a much welcomed staple to get me through the day

Everyone be safe and enjoy life...it is too precious and alot of people tend to loose sight of that..

DW has to have her thyroid out next Tuesday hopefully it will help the mirriad of problems that she has had over the past ten years to get better....

Well have a blessed day see ya on the flip side
Old 08-11-2015, 06:15 AM   #2069

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All. Coffee real welcome this AM, raining hard right now, (at least its not snow ). Curtis, sorry to hear about your friend, sounds like he beat for long time, have to think about that too. MK, prayers out to your DW, will have her in our thoughts. Have a Great Day All.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:59 AM   #2070

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Raining here too this morning, supposed to clear out later, going to Hershey to get my fill of chocolate today, had ice cream then went to Julius Sturgius pretzels and got our fill of pretzels.
Curtis,
Condolences for your friend.
MK,
Our thoughts and prayers for your DW's surgery and a speedy recovery.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #2071
bap

MK, our prayers are with your DW --

everyone have a safe day,,,,,
Old 08-11-2015, 09:00 AM   #2072

Thanks everyone we appreciate it a lot