Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:16 AM   #2087
bap

no need to ask for prayers my friend,,,,we will keep him in our daily prayers,,,and to the fellas family that had the heart attack,,---keep us updated,...

pabell,,,,glad to know you made it there safe and sound except for the flashing,,,,no pix....lol,,,,very nice view from your room,,,,------i dont think i would have much computer time if i were there,,,----i love the salt water fishing,,,,------i hope your wife can have some quality time there,,,,may have to stay another day or so---lol

everyone stay safe this day,----

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2015, 06:59 AM   #2088

Good Morning all!

Someone asked what coffee I drink,,,, I may not fit here I drink a big cup of tea. At my desk, sipping it now. Its rather special to be at work this morning, the a/c is not working. About 84 degrees in here and the sun just came up. Of course the windows don't open, it is nice and cool outside this morning.

Sprtiz, I hope all goes good with your brother. I had a severe head injury 6 years ago. Scary stuff. They do amazing things now, I'm not supposed to be here. Get the best care you can get him. Praying for the best!!!

Pabell, that sounds like a nice break! I'm looking out my window at the roof of the next building,,,,, your view is better.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #2089

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spritz,
Our thoughts and prayers go out for your brother and we wish him a full and rapid recovery.
Lloyd,
We saw the Good & Plenty, but we weren't hungry, so we didn't stop anywhere yesterday, we had sampled all the jams, jellies, salsa etc that were out in all the shops.
We are going to downtown Lancaster today to do some more siteseeing.
Pabell,
Glad that you are enjoying your visit down to Marco Island.
Lynne,
Glad you got off early yesterday, 1 less day till you can enjoy your MH full time.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #2090

Winnebago Owners Club
Best to your brother Spritz. Prayers for a fast and complete recovery. Prayer and modern medicine can do wonders now days.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #2091

I lost my best friend when a lady in a minivan backed out in front of him while he was riding home on his new Fatboy.
Hope your son recovers soon.

What has 12legs , 12 arms and 12 eyes????????????

A dozen pirates.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:47 AM   #2092

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning everyone! Have not been on for awhile, so catching up on everything. Wow, seems like we all are going thru the same thing, Friends passing away, getting in accidents, and the such! My heart is sad today as I also heard of a life long friend that was killed in a auto accident yesterday! One of the things I do not like about living half way around the world, is not being to pay proper respect to the family by being by their side at a time of loss!
Curtis, sorry to hear about your friend passing, it is never easy, even if you are expecting it!
Tim, sorry to hear about your brother, prayers are on the way for his speedy recovery! And to the family of the man that hit him.
And if I missed anyone, sorry, it has been very hectic here the last couple of weeks, so my time online has been limited!
Lloyd, I am not in a hurry in finding a MH, just looking right now, as I would have to insure and licence it, and find a place to keep it till we come back next year! So just looking, but when the one you are looking for come's across the old internet, you have to jump quick, if it is a good deal!
I am looking for a older one, $20,000 or less, with the big Cummins, ISC, 6 speed Allison, air ride, air brakes, 36' or more, diesel generator, big bathroom, HR Imperial is the style I really like! The one I just missed, was this exact one, a 94, that was clearly loved by the people selling it! Shinny, original paint, spec'ed just right! I have seen a few Gulfstream Tourmaster's, that are spec'ed this way, but have the rubber roofs, and most have had leaks, which is something I do not have the time to deal with! I figure, if it has been neglected enough to have let the roof leak, what else has been neglected too? So, yes, I am picky, but it is my money, and I have the time to be choosy!! The drive line is important, but all the other stuff is also, as we need one to hop in and go, not worry about it breaking down! I got very lucky with the last one, so we will see if I can do it again! I like the older, Vintage ones, like the Foretravel's, Beaver's, Country Coach's, Holiday Rambler's, but am a Cummins fan, and a lot of the older ones have the V-8 Cat's, which I am not a fan! I guess from my many years of trucking! So, now you know the rest of the story!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:47 AM   #2093

Good morning all! Problems at work, they have me up early. Ugh! I gotta retire, up at 5am, have to work Saturday for a major implementation 7 to 9pm or so...... this is interrupting my life!

Rail, I understand your MH search, will keep an eye out for one. I would also go Cummins, more support available. And parts for the Cat's are going to come harder over time. If you find one near me, and need someone to lay eye's on it let me know. I love spending other peoples money! I like the rest of your choices as well.

L.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #2094

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Last day in the Lancaster area, moving this morning. Went to Strasburg yesterday and rode on an old steam engine pulled train ride. Had a good time, then stopped at Miller's for their buffet and overate as usual(UGHHHHH). Didn't stop at Good & Plenti, Miller's was closer and the traffic was atrocious at the time we were there. All in all had a good time here, would have liked to toured Gettysburg, maybe next time. Only moving about 60 miles north till Sunday then up to Milton to meet with friends.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #2095
bap

goodmorning guy,s,,,--sorry rail to hear of your friend,,,it seems like everything runs in waves,,,,everyone like you said having friends and family members having heart felt problems,,,,,my prayers are for all of you on here,,,you all have become friends to me and i feel your sorrows and pray for your safty each day...
Old 08-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #2096

Good deal Frank! I love that area, we visit annually. Looks like you saw most of it. For awhile I was addicted to those Sturgis Pretzels,,,, the Crunchzels are my favorite. Used to order them on the web by the case.

Safe travels today! Enjoy!

L.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #2097

Wow Tim, that's got to be a real freaky accident. Standing on a sidewalk and getting plowed over by a dead man behind the wheel of a moving automobile. What are the odds? At least his bike acted as a barrier to scrub off some of the vans energy and maybe lift it enough to keep it from squashing you brother. (Pure conjecture of course)
My prayers for a fellow rider!

And Rail I am sorry to hear about your friends tragic sudden loss of his life. I will pray for strength for his family

Goes to prove we never know when our time here is up.

We buried Ronnie yesterday and I was truly surprised at the low number of former Co workers who even bothered to come by and say goodbye. Or even acknowledge his passing with a card or flowers. I could understand if he was a drunk and a wife beater, but this was a great guy who loved his family and friends to the end.
I know we got the word out to everyone on the Planet who ever worked with him. He did a lot of favors to a lot of people and few were there. The odd part is most of us are retired and still living within 50 miles of here. Everyone was friends of his on Facebook.

There were three if us at the viewing the night before and I was the only one to return the next day for the funeral. For the funeral there were 6 not counting me and three of them were more than 30 minutes late.
The guys who drove the farthest were there on time. Go figure!

Apparently I'm the only one who owns a suit. Everyone else was dressed beach casual.
For a FUNERAL!

I was totally blown away at the lack of respect. The oldest guy in our Peer Group drove 165 miles and was there in a nice pressed shirt and sweat stained cowboy hat. We were happy to see him, but he's a big church going guy, so I know he owns a suit.

Then after the inside service they all scattered like roaches and didn't bother to even walk up the hill to the graveside service. Which was short and sweet, because it was starting to get hot before noon.
I had to chase down the old guy to talk him into having lunch with me before he took that long drive back home. I phoned him before he'd gotten far. He was up the road in SAMS buying groceries. Must have been some important vittles.

Sheese, I just don't understand how folks can get so callous and not make an effort to show respect to one of their best friends from work. And so you know, we counted close to 150 people who worked side by side with Ronnie and considered him their best friend on and off the job.

So I don't know if I'm more bummed out because my friend is gone, or the people who loved him didn't even bother to say goodbye.

Like I said, everybody got the notification. And there were a few who had legitimate reasons for not being there. Such as one of our friends is the primary caregiver for his invalid mother and sister. So he couldn't make the 100 mile drive. ( imagine retiring and 10 days later you mom and sister drop in to visit and mom suffers a stroke. Sister already had one and his mom was her caregiver. Goodbye retirement plans)
One guy was work camping on the coast on a commercial fishing boat. But he got the text and acknowledged the news while still at sea in the Gulf.
But there were so many others we knew were still close by and just sitting at home in the air conditioning playing on Facebook. I know because they tie me up on it all the time.

well enough bitching!

Ya'll take care, and when the roll is called up yonder,

Bummed Out in Texas today.

I'll get over it, don't worry.

Think I'll go out to the shop and cut up some steel with fire!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #2098
bap

i hear ya buddy,,,,,,you never really know your friends untill you need them,,,but if they need you----your there best friend------sorry buddy---ticks me off also..
Old 08-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #2099

Curtis, very sorry to hear about that. Makes it even worse.

A very good buddy of mine passed a month ago, at his memorial there were people in shorts and T shirts. I understand your pain.

I am not sure the world is changing for the better. People are not respectful and many just don't give a darn. I keep telling myself, I do the right thing, and afterwards they have to be regretting those decisions..... tell me that's true!

L.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #2100
bap

Lloyd,,,were getting fewer and fewer,,,,-------use to be people actually cared for others ,,,now its just about themself,s----