Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #2115

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning all, Its a beautiful morning here low 60's going to be a hot one all week with temps in the 90's, like Lynne says not like you guys in the south west have had but its hot here when it gets there. Bap, yup we noticed the theme Debbie had going It certainly fits . I'm with the early retirement guys, I had to because of health but it still was great anyway. Have a great day all.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #2116

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

Well, the deoxidization is one, finished, and thank God, That is a very time consuming hard job. Got one coat of wax on the whole thing, two on some areas, three on others. Will do the rest of the waxing on Wed weather permitting and be done with that for this year. Dang, forgot I have to do the roof. NEVER will this rig be in that condition again.

Go camping next weekend at Pentwater for five days. I am EXCITED!

Well, my arms are tired and I am going to relax a while. You all have a great week. Be back on Wed. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:21 AM   #2117

Good morning!

71 degrees here, yesterday it didn't quite make 90, I think we broke the summer hold on everything.

I got some work done on the coach yesterday, but I was tired after the marathon Saturday work day. Replaced the bedroom dresser slide out switch which now works much better. And started on mounting the new bedroom TV, but we decided it is too small, returning it (24") for a 28". Trying to do this so the cabinet is useful behind the TV, maybe for towels or something. Mounting the TV on a arm, so it can swing out of the way.

Got my little table done, put the first coat of finish on it. Will get you all a picture of it. I do better with metal than wood, but this came out nice. I am happy. Debbie hasn't seen it yet.

Beamisl, that is hard work. I doubt I will ever wax our unit, no less polish it. It is a massive project, and given the height and all your up and down ladders all day. Sheeesh! Congrats on getting that done! I think we need pictures!

Well I work today, but from home. at least I skip the long drive both ways.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:45 AM   #2118

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne,
You know that you are supposed to start at the top and work your way down, just kidding you. Great job, now it will be easy to keep up with the unit, After the first paste wax on mine, I have been using McQuire's spray on wax, when I wash the unit, it has been working out good so far..
Got here to Milton campground yesterday afternoon a little after 2, after we got set up our friends that workkamp here at the park had a nice roast beef dinner from the crock pot made, and we went over to their MH and had a nice dinner then played a couple games before coming back to our unit. Nice time.
bap, thank you, we are enjoying our time out trying to slowly work our way around the country. Now that you have the '63 about done, time for you and Debbie to start seeing some of this great country of ours and use that work of art that you guys call Aunt Marie.
Have a Great day All,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:03 AM   #2119

Yesterday was my youngest grandson's 5th birthday. Melissa and I had a full day.

Started out well. 86 degrees in the morning on the way to church. We drive my pickup on Sundays to exercise it. I ride motorcycles almost exclusively during the other 6 days or we go in Melissa 4 Runner. So Sundays is when I rotate the tires and keep the battery charged on the Dodge.

Well anyway I'm nursing a slight headache on the way into town and thinking it's going to get better so I keep on trucking.

Boy was I wrong! Full blown migraine by the time services were over and my day is just getting going. We have a pot luck lunch at Church which I barely make it through. Rather than chit chat with people after eating, I go into the offices and find a couch to relax on while the Advil kicks in better. Melissa represents us well alone.

Birthday party is at 3 and it's only 12 noon. After about an hour I get where I can walk a little so we run errands for stuff we need at home while we're in town. But, I make Melissa drive, which she hates because the truck is so big.

What fun it is to play zombie through wall mart and home depot. That done, We mosey over to the trampoline place where Andrews party is scheduled to be. I guessed there had to be 7 birthday parties that day there, so figure about 300 kids from 16 to 2 running around feeding on sugar, screaming, laughing and having a great time jumping into each other.

Great for a headache!

2 hours of that and I'm ready to go home.

Melissa drives and I lean back in my seat to pass out. 35 miles back to the house and I sleep through every pothole. Then go to bed for more rest. Wake up at 7 for a sandwich and TV till 10. Then back to bed and sleep all night.

At least my migraine is gone this morning.
I feel like I threw yesterday away!
But I survived, so that's all that matters.

Going to.get.going today and go for a walk around the runway.

Good Morning Ya'll!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #2120
bap

gooodmorning everyone,,,,coffee great and well needed this morning,,,,lol , FRANK that would be great but we have 2 more tt,s to go ,,,lol..
Old 08-17-2015, 07:13 AM   #2121
bap

CURT, thats a bad day for sure,,,,,glad ya feel better today...
Old 08-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #2122

Winnebago Owners Club
Gosh Curtis - having those headaches cannot be a lot of fun. Is there any way you can relax more?
Old 08-17-2015, 04:37 PM   #2123

Only have a minute so right to today's installment..................................

What do you call a pirate that steals from the rich and gives to the poor??

Robin Hook
Old 08-18-2015, 06:13 AM   #2124

Good morning all!

Supposed to rain here today, showers, and thunder showers. High low 80's. We need the rain bad, Lake Wylie is 5' below normal, many of the boat ramps and beaches are closed.

We have no a/c at work again this morning,,,,, this work thing is over rated. I found a free app for my sorta smart phone, and put in my retirement date. It is a countdown timer, 1year, 9 months, 8 hours, and 46 mins to go! I am not sure looking at it daily will help?

Have a great day!

L.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:16 AM   #2125

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning as usual, campgrounds water went out last night, still out this morning but we are just using out of our freshwater tank(another good reason to always have some in the tank when traveling, always have around 30 gals in the tank)
Curtis,
Sorry about your migraine bud, especially bad when you already have a full day of activities in the works.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:20 AM   #2126
bap

goodmorning folks,,,,---i got up early to start on the 63 and its raining here also,,so i think i will clean and shine on the baby moon caps,,

Lloyd you know at work if you watch the clock it sloooows waaay down...take that off your phone....lol

i pray all have a great and safe day,,,,---now go hug someone thats dont like ya..and watch there face....lol
Old 08-18-2015, 08:25 AM   #2127

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone.

We are getting some heavy dews and had a brief shower last night so things are wet this morning.

For those of you still working please do not wish for time to go faster. It is going fast enough as it is. Enjoy the time you have right now. I keep telling our grandkids to enjoy themselves right now. Soon enough they will be out of school, having to pay bills and be responsible citizens.

For those of you who want to retire I would suggest you retire if you can. That will add a year of retirement to your life. Hoping the time will go by quicker will just make the time seem longer. It should not be a countdown to retirement but an enjoyment of life and what you are doing until you retire.

Work for many is a validation of their contribution to society and satisfies a need for professional recognition. I do not know many who retire who do not feel an emptiness for a time while they miss their co-workers and the routine of the work. Once you get past the need for professional recognition you can truly enjoy retirement.

Now as bap says - go out and hug someone who least expects it. The outcome will be priceless.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #2128
bap

well said gordan well said,,,----

now the rain has stopped im heading outside to grind off some more of the grey stuff..

and i leave ya with what gordan was saying... enjoy each and every moment of life,,were not promised another minute,,so enjoy each one of them,,and show people a happy face the world needs it...