Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #2143

joining in

Good morning from Alabama. I thought I'd join in this morning, although I've already had coffee & breakfast out on the deck.

Hey Harley guy, My new, (old), Concord came from Champlain NY, about as far up as you can go in NY. When I went to pick it up I stayed in a little motel where, out the front I was looking at NY, to the east across Lake Champlain was Vermont, and out the back window was Canada.

Being new here I scanned through your "rebuild" thread, all 217 pages. WHEW......! I was exhausted, had to take a nap. Great job....! and wonderful results. Being a vintage vehicle restorer for many years I can really admire your attention to detail. Congradulations.

Onto the day........

Will.
rockerarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #2144

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Will, welcome to the Good Morning Gang , Thanks, My parents had a Concord TT, I actually "full timed" in it for a while when I came out of the Corps. Well built that I remember, we are headed up that way in another week, for a week great place.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #2145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi Will, welcome to the Good Morning Gang , Thanks, My parents had a Concord TT, I actually "full timed" in it for a while when I came out of the Corps. Well built that I remember, we are headed up that way in another week, for a week great place.
Thanks.
I haven't been able to find any information about the Concord except that they were taken over by Champion sometime in the late 60's or early 70's. Now Champion is gone too.
It is a well built unit with a very HD box frame and big hubs and 6 lug wheels.

I found this site while searching for info. Another fellow in NY had one that had been given to him. Looked good but was trashed inside. He listed it on this site a few years ago and had the same questions as I do. I sent a pm to him but no word back.
Will
rockerarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:40 AM   #2146

Dang, I stepped away and worked for a few hours,,,, and there are more posts in here than Total Rebuild!!!

Where did you all get the Geritol??

Somebody switch Popeye to low test coffee! He is in overdrive!

I found out Gary Owens passed a few years back, Popeye you got the announcer job! You may have beat him even if he showed up. (unless Goldie came with him)

I certainly will not suffer from not having something to do each day, If I work, or don't work the list is huge. If I could just get past this money thing...

How much do producers make? How many episodes do we need to produce of Total Rebuild before I could retire?

L.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #2147

Winnebago Owners Club
No doubt about it Lloyd. You would have it made as a producer.

But to be successful we would have to insert some drama into each episode. I can just picture it.

(Popeye voice over sounding stressed) Terry is now hooking up the wire to the light fixture. Now we have to make sure that there is no power in the wire. So we will unplug the trailer and turn off the breakers in the shop. Cause if there was power Terry could be electrocuted (insert graphic with lightning bolts showing a stick figure blowing up) or the trailer could catch on fire (insert graphic with lightning bolt surrounding box with wheels burning up). (Popeyes voice rising) Now wait . . . . pause . . . . . hold it.

(Popeye audio sounding relieved) Whew wire was attached without sparks, Terry blowing up or trailer burning. Now we only have another 14 connections to make without incident.

I dont know if I could stand all of the anticipation or excitement. But as a producer I am sure you would be cool under fire. And Popeye would be keeping us all on the edge of our seats.

All joking aside I think you will be surpised at how little you will be able to live on once you retire. However there is the entire comfort issue. If you are not economically comfortable it is difficult to relax and enjoy yourself.

We all have to do what is best for ourselves and only we can determine what is best for ourselves. As I recall you had other responsibilities to your employees so that is also a big consideration. The fellow I worked for solved that issue by selling the company to some of the employees. This was after my time or I possibly would have been one of the purchasers.

Just spent an hour cutting or I should say trimming the lawn. Janet is having a Red Hat picnic here for their chapter and it is always nice to have the lawn trimmed. With the lack of rain the grass is mostly dormant but there are a few blades that make it look shaggy. Unless it starts to rain this may be the last cut of the year.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #2148

OK Gordon , I guess we found our writer.......just remember , I'll do the jokes , well , the pirate ones anyway.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:43 PM   #2149

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Well, started to go out to finish the waxing and Mother Nature had other ideas. Wish some of you who are dry had some of this rain. Not that we can't use it, but I just would like to give it to you that are in real need. So did not finish the wax job.

Did get the curtains removed, washed, and ironed and put back up though. They sure feel and smell better. First time they have been cleaned and they needed it. Jerry cleaned the loose caulk around shower so he can put new in tomorrow.

Other day he replaced the air filter, adjusted the engine door cause it was difficult to get open. Now works like a charm. He took the radio out to see why it kept going on and off. Loose wire found, tightened that up and will see how it works on this trip. Cig lighter wire is dead, have to find that spot yet.

Have a question. Do any of the electric plugs in the rig work as 110 while driving down the road?

Well, going to go for tonight. Probably see you Sat morn before we leave. Keep safe all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #2150

Hi Lynne!

Do you know if your coach has a inverter? If yes, you probably have outlets that work when on the road. If not, you would need to run the generator for power 110v power.

We could use the rain here. Got more today, but it was just a passing shower didn't make a real difference.

L.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #2151

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, had to go shopping tonight, yuk, Yup filled a whole bunch of positions today, Popeye, we found this in Wally World but couldn't find your size . Of course we don't know your size maybe it would fit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0819151947.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	476.9 KB
ID:	103913  
Old 08-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #2152

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello everyone. Lynne, please send rain to us here in central Texas. Has not really rained in two months. Rain is in forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning, but we will see.

I took off two weeks of working on MH and Rebecca and I went to Houston area for family visits. We both saw a brother and nieces and nephews, and cousins and aunt and uncle. Great to get to visit, not great that it was in August and toasty. Now tomorrow back to work on MH and finish paint, re-coat roof, clean up and replace coach batteries. Then off to northern New Mexico for a month. Unless jury summons for Rebecca gets in the way. Wish us luck.

All you guys stay safe. Happy trails.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #2153

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Lynne;
Send the rain this way please.

What Lloyd said. Most probably have to run the generator to get 110. Not a bad idea to run the generator fairly often to keep it exercised. They say a half hour a month under load. So starting the generator and running the AC and a slow cooker for a couple hours while travelling will keep you cool, dinner hot and the generator in good condition.

Looking at the 2004 brochure it lists a 130 watt inverter as an option on all 4 models so it is possible you have one installed. Or possibly a PO installed one later. Not sure where to look for it if it is installed.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #2154

Good morning everyone,

Haven't taken time to post anything since we got back from our trip, traveled all day Monday then back to the grindstone the next day. Really enjoyed a week of doing nothing but relaxing, think it may have been the only time I've ever done just that.

Looks like everyone has been busy, having a hard time just reading all the new postings, the internet service at the resort was slow and was agervating just trying to review new postings.

Had 6 loads of dirt delivered while we were gone prepping to put up new shed for coach but rain and work have kept me for getting started on that. Called yesterday to have building material delivered before the weekend, funny how one project leads to more.

Enjoying our coffee in bed as we do every morning, lots of time were up by 4 just to give us some time together - we will be celebrating or 34th anniversary this weekend, wow, we have had a great run together - life is good

Hope all a blessed day - pabell
Pabell90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:50 AM   #2155

Goooooddddmorning all!

Welcome back Pabell!

Maybe more showers here again today, headed for 90. Some areas got really heavy rain yesterday, others didn't. We had a brief shower at our place.

I am at work today, go in the office Tuesday and Thursdays. The A/C is working so that is nice.

Deb and I are getting close to our 2 week vacation, we leave the 4th. I am busy just doing stuff to get it ready. Got a TV to replace, a new outside light I am adding, and trying to get our grill to attach to the coach propane low pressure port. Would love to not carry a tank for the grill and small portable stove I got.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:02 AM   #2156

I am here just enjoy a nice cup of coffee in Sparta Mi. is 8:00 am on a rain day of August, I was thinking go camping but my Pace Arrow is not ready for this king of rainy day , so I will stay home and see what come on.
Have a nice day friends
dinkie0719 is offline   Reply With Quote